Because Bible said so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed some ADers used a quote toward other ADers...
I decided to make a suggestion for you guys.

IN THE NOTE- I HAVE NO INTENTION TO FORCE YOU TO DO WHAT I SAID. JUST INFORM YOU GUYS AS SUGGESTION.

I picked a several of examples from other online journals--

* ( "Therebefore, choose a life and your descendant may live." See, you should not have an abortion because you go to Hell. )
* ( "Sicidal comment shall not have done" This is what it said, you will go to Hell if you do. )
* ( "Adam and Eve... had children..." It was proof that same-sex marriage is wrong, God will send you to Hell for sure!)

All above is pretty harsh and pushy to me, that would led you to have a drama or ending up with heat debate. That's not so good, really.

How do you aviod that?

Here a positive examples from my make-up of ideas - -
* A sidical commit is pretty poor taste for anybody, in my opinion, if there is God then He will not happy with their desicions. ... For that reason is what's about their future they would have a chance? Etc etc
* I'm against an idea of same-sex marriage because I'd rather to follow what my Bible said, however, if they want to may which is not my business. I understand their concerns for their future of relationship, I prayed for them and their best desicions, for all matters.

That's very good examples, that's also why I almost never use Bible quotes toward any Ader anywhere here except my thoughts, opinions, etc etc.

What my point is people should not tell them to do what bible (or any religion) said, push them in any belief, or etc etc. Otherwise, that would not sovle anything, really.
It'll be easy if you discuss, to share an opinion and/or thought with people without using a religion quote, UNLESS THEY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT BIBLE or a kind of religion then you can talk about it. :)
If they ask you about Bible/a kind of religion that they want to know, go for it as long as you dont push them in your belief. :)

I am very understand that many people are probably tired of Bible, I aware of that, yeah.. AGAIN, it's important to discuss with your thought, opinion, and what you are feeling about any on-topic thread WITHOUT TELLING TO DO OR ELSE. Personally, i'm kinda of not happy with ADers use a name as God, Jesus, Bible, any religion to against other Ader's opinion, thought, etc as to tell them to do whatever it is. Because it would make ADers to clash each other, cearly, it's pretty bad idea. If you don't know how to do like that, take a look here: http://www.alldeaf.com/900877-post30.html I hope this is may help you better. :)

So, I thought why not you try to start with this suggestion?
Actually, be remember, it's your desicion to use a religion quote or not. I can't tell you to do, anyway. ^_^ That's all up to you. I just suggest you, that's all.

Now what do you think so? Try a new something like I suggest?

PS- I can help if you have a trouble to deal with anything about religion, just PM me. (Just note it, I am not an active user but i'll do my best to catch up with your PMs or comments.) I'll be glad to help. :):) Personally, I NEVER PUSH your belief in my own belief. I never would, is that correct, Puyo? :D

I agree with you. I been tired of negatives about it. I do belief there are different religions around in All Deaf users.

I do agrees!

To correct a word

* I'm against an idea of same-sex marriage because I'd rather to follow what my Bible said, however, if they want to may which is not my business. I understand their concerns for their future of relationship, I prayed for them and their best desicions, for all matters.

*marry

I agree. I felt some should respects for others for their own beliefs. We cannot tell others what to believe and what not to believe in. Whether if they were right or wrong. We learned from our own beliefs and that is how it goes...no one can change that. Some can say there is only one God, some other may say there is another God. If a person asks me if there is actually a Heaven, I would say yes. If that person had trouble believing there's actually a Heaven. And that person decided there is no Heaven. I respect that because that is their choice. I cannot go to that person then you will go to Hell. It is up to God, not me or them...

Using quotes from the Bible and to change it, I wouldn't. the Bible is written as it was in the first place. Let it as it was written. It is a real Bible. And using quotes to mock people will not solve anything, but make it worse...

The way I was taught growing up is my belief and will remain as it is forever till the day I die. There are Amish, Jews, many different religions all over the world...and it has expand...with their own quotes and choices. We, each one of us choose our own path to where we believe in and follow that path whether if we were right or wrong...we will know the true answer in the end...and that is at the end of our time.

I beleive to follow what I know and what I know my limit instead of do what the bible says because the bible don't know me.

I beleive to follow what I know and what I know my limit instead of do what the bible says because the bible don't know me.

I dont understand what you are saying....What do you mean
when you said "Bible dont know me"...so hows that?
God DOES KNOW YOU!! He knows all about you, and He loves you! :)

So, if the Bible says that you should kill someone for stealing... would you do it?

After all, it's like you said... "Because the Bible said so!"

As for your last sentence, Mann, yes ;)

I definitely agree with you, I have been seeing some people using the Bible as weapon... :(

So, if the Bible says that you should kill someone for stealing... would you do it?
After all, it's like you said... "Because the Bible said so!"
This refers to the Old Testament because of the law that demands. Is stealing wrong? If so, let it be so. We are under the grace during the New Testament, and then we are no longer under the law. It is up to the government to punish any thieves by putting in jail or death punishment. Only the authority.

God knows you better than we do, God knows your thoughts, your actions and your heart. :)

This refers to the Old Testament because of the law that demands. Is stealing wrong? If so, let it be so. We are under the grace during the New Testament, and then we are no longer under the law. It is up to the government to punish any thieves by putting in jail or death punishment. Only the authority.

It's also within the government's authority to wed gay people :afro:

The Bible says so... whether it's the New Testament or the Old Testament.

You're saying that since what happened was in the Old Testament, it shouldn't be taken seriously or followed? Well, the Ten Commandments was in the Old Testament. We shouldn't follow that either?

The Bible says so... whether it's the New Testament or the Old Testament.

You're saying that since what happened was in the Old Testament, it shouldn't be taken seriously or followed? Well, the Ten Commandments was in the Old Testament. We shouldn't follow that either?

Here is the way I see it,

Old Testament was superseded by New Testament. There are few minor differents since Jesus came and died for us therefore invalidated some of old law. One example is the ten commandment, which is "Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy" which was changed to first day of the week. The Old Testament is there for us to use as example of how to live our lives and to learn from their mistakes and see why we should follow the laws that God has set for us. It is also there to explain how we came to be and what lead God's people to where they are in Jesus's time.

Okay, okay, that's enough. Some posts are not relative to here because I was only explaining and suggesting.

Let's go and move on.

I dont understand what you are saying....What do you mean
when you said "Bible dont know me"...so hows that?
God DOES KNOW YOU!! He knows all about you, and He loves you! :)

Askjo's post
This red quotation means you are not saved. Correct?

Cheri's post
God knows you better than we do, God knows your thoughts, your actions and your heart.

I didn't mention anything about God but book in my last post, don't I?

I only mentioned the bible (a copy or edition of the Bible book), I am referred to, not God.

Where and How I learn my limit from? is from my parents, school etc. because they know me in real life which the bible book doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back