Because Bible said so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mention anything about God but book in my last post, don't I?

I only mentioned the bible (a copy or edition of the Bible book), I am referred to, not God.

Where and How I learn my limit from? is from my parents, school etc. because they know me in real life which the bible book doesn't.

Huh? I still dont understand...Im just merely saying that God knows
you and every human on Earth, knows what we think, knows of our
past, present and futures. He loves everyone of us! I dont know why
you think Bible doesnt know you, i dont understand that concept, but
God wants you and everybody to read and love the Bible.

Here is the way I see it,

Old Testament was superseded by New Testament. There are few minor differents since Jesus came and died for us therefore invalidated some of old law. One example is the ten commandment, which is "Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy" which was changed to first day of the week. The Old Testament is there for us to use as example of how to live our lives and to learn from their mistakes and see why we should follow the laws that God has set for us. It is also there to explain how we came to be and what lead God's people to where they are in Jesus's time.
So, we use our own judgment to determine what and what not to follow in the Bible.

Well, what if we're using the wrong judgment?

The Bible is simply a book filled with various stories written by various people. There are some other stuff that the Vatican or the Pope won't allow to be added to the Bible because they used their judgment not to allow it. What if there's more that we have a right to know? What if it's a lie? For all we know, there is probably a secret to immortality or a gender-related story that the Pope doesn't want us to know about.

Basically, men are superior to women... and women should just stay home. There are things we're doing today that pretty much goes against what the Bible says, but there's nothing wrong with what we're doing. It's just that people bend the rules more and more... and are being open-minded.

Well, that's because we're following our ethical beliefs... not because the Bible says so.

It hurts when someone dies. So, "Thou shall not kill." That's common sense.

It's like Socrates. It's simple understanding and philosophy. If there was really a 10 Commandments, Moses probably made it up. Moses was probably an ethical philosopher and believed that people wouldn't listen to him if he said the words came from him. So, he claimed they came from God.

It could be anything... after all, the Bible is just a book of stories. :)

..after all, the Bible is just a book of stories.

Allow me to rephrase that to: '..after all, the Bible is just a book of 'true' stories.' (..and more) ;)

~RR

For me the bible is book of encouragement, love and how much Jesus paid the ultimate price for all of us. The only way to have a personal relationship with Him is giving Him your heart as the bible says. I am aware of many religions out there, the bible was inspired by God. The only way for others to experience God's love is to receive Him in your heart and He will bless the socks out of you :) and grow into maturity as you read your bible and learning more about God and the bible in church.

So, we use our own judgment to determine what and what not to follow in the Bible.

Well, what if we're using the wrong judgment?

The Bible is simply a book filled with various stories written by various people. There are some other stuff that the Vatican or the Pope won't allow to be added to the Bible because they used their judgment not to allow it. What if there's more that we have a right to know? What if it's a lie? For all we know, there is probably a secret to immortality or a gender-related story that the Pope doesn't want us to know about.

Basically, men are superior to women... and women should just stay home. There are things we're doing today that pretty much goes against what the Bible says, but there's nothing wrong with what we're doing. It's just that people bend the rules more and more... and are being open-minded.

Well, that's because we're following our ethical beliefs... not because the Bible says so.

It hurts when someone dies. So, "Thou shall not kill." That's common sense.

It's like Socrates. It's simple understanding and philosophy. If there was really a 10 Commandments, Moses probably made it up. Moses was probably an ethical philosopher and believed that people wouldn't listen to him if he said the words came from him. So, he claimed they came from God.

It could be anything... after all, the Bible is just a book of stories. :)

The Bible is to be believed or not is based on faith. I believe it to be true because my faith says it is. Is it possible that the whole Bible is a scam. Of course it is. Is it possible that God wrote the Bible using different men over course of thousand of years. Yes it is possible.

It depends on how you view faith. It is possible that I might die into nonexistance. It is also possible that I might die and face God and go to Heaven or Hell depending on how I lived my life.

It is possible that the whole knowledge that we have is all false. All of them! What we end up with would be totally different that what we all expected and believed. We just don't know for sure till we cross over.

To me, The Bible is true and validated by nature. However, that is my belief. I understand why some wouldn't see it that way and that's fine with me. That is their belief and I cannot change the way they see it and same goes with others with me.

As I said, the Bible is based on faith and those that do not have faith will never understand why those that has faith can trust in the Bible. By the same token, those who do have faith will never understand why the rest cannot see the Bible as they see it.

That is way it always has been and always will be.

One thing for sure, WE ALL WILL FIND OUT THE TRUTH ON OUR FINAL DAY!

The Bible is to be believed or not is based on faith. I believe it to be true because my faith says it is. Is it possible that the whole Bible is a scam. Of course it is. Is it possible that God wrote the Bible using different men over course of thousand of years. Yes it is possible.

It depends on how you view faith. It is possible that I might die into nonexistance. It is also possible that I might die and face God and go to Heaven or Hell depending on how I lived my life.

It is possible that the whole knowledge that we have is all false. All of them! What we end up with would be totally different that what we all expected and believed. We just don't know for sure till we cross over.

To me, The Bible is true and validated by nature. However, that is my belief. I understand why some wouldn't see it that way and that's fine with me. That is their belief and I cannot change the way they see it and same goes with others with me.

As I said, the Bible is based on faith and those that do not have faith will never understand why those that has faith can trust in the Bible. By the same token, those who do have faith will never understand why the rest cannot see the Bible as they see it.

That is way it always has been and always will be.

One thing for sure, WE ALL WILL FIND OUT THE TRUTH ON OUR FINAL DAY!

:gpost: Well said!!! I agreed.

There are different ways how they use the word, "Bible says so". It's depend on the topic. For instance, many verses there people quote do misusing them. Using the Bible must have life applications, the purpose of writing( this part is must know the reason why its written, its relating culturals) and etc. Bible knows you doesnt apply. It is God knows you. Now, many time what has happen to many churches misusing the scriptures to so called "casting the stone". Like religious quoting the law to Jesus about a woman who commit adultery should be stoned, again religious leader quoting Jesus about healing, plucking wheat, carrying cot, and etc violate the law of "working" on Sabbath and etc. Same as today, many focusing on "their" sins than "my" sins. Even tho pastors using scriptures been out of balance with other scriptures that people doesnt know. For instance, they follow the pastor's teaching, bec the Bible says. The key point is, do we read ourselves, Genesis to Revelation, and keep studying it? Bec my early christian life, there are so many things i believe in what I experienced, but the more i learned, I begin to realize so much mistakes I have done, and even overlooked the Body of Christ misusing and causing alot of problem. The more close of your relationship with God, you will begin to see what went wrong. But God never give up on us. Sometime I do see the difference btwn how Jesus do with people than what Paul has treating people. If you notice Galatians, Phillipians, Colossians, Romans and etc, There are different topics. Bec different culture. Same as today. We have to know the person well to minister. As the word "Bible says so", we have to becareful how to use them.

Truth in The Bible

Here are some examples:

* Clay Tablet, Ebla. Photo copyrighted.The discovery of the Ebla archive in northern Syria in the 1970s has shown the Biblical writings concerning the Patriarchs to be viable. Documents written on clay tablets from around 2300 B.C. demonstrate that personal and place names in the Patriarchal accounts are genuine. The name “Canaan” was in use in Ebla, a name critics once said was not used at that time and was used incorrectly in the early chapters of the Bible. The word tehom (“the deep”) in Genesis 1:2 was said to be a late word demonstrating the late writing of the creation story. “Tehom” was part of the vocabulary at Ebla, in use some 800 years before Moses. Ancient customs reflected in the stories of the Patriarchs have also been found in clay tablets from Nuzi and Mari.
* The Hittites were once thought to be a Biblical legend, until their capital and records were discovered at Bogazkoy, Turkey.
* Many thought the Biblical references to Solomon's wealth were greatly exaggerated. Recovered records from the past show that wealth in antiquity was concentrated with the king and Solomon's prosperity was entirely feasible.
* It was once claimed there was no Assyrian king named Sargon as recorded in Isaiah 20:1, because this name was not known in any other record. Then, Sargon's palace was discovered in Khorsabad, Iraq. The very event mentioned in Isaiah 20, his capture of Ashdod, was recorded on the palace walls. What is more, fragments of a stela memorializing the victory were found at Ashdod itself.
* Another king who was in doubt was Belshazzar, king of Babylon, named in Daniel 5. The last king of Babylon was Nabonidus according to recorded history. Tablets were found showing that Belshazzar was Nabonidus' son who served as coregent in Babylon. Thus, Belshazzar could offer to make Daniel “third highest ruler in the kingdom” (Dan. 5:16) for reading the handwriting on the wall, the highest available position. Here we see the “eye-witness” nature of the Biblical record, as is so often brought out by the discoveries of archaeology.

While there are ample examples of Biblical accuracy and truth, the
Truth of the Bible will ALWAYS come down to a mater of faith.
We were not there, we can only read the account. I choose to
believe, (but like Thomas, not until much research). Others will
choose not to believe. That will be between them and God in
the next plane of existance.

I only mentioned the bible (a copy or edition of the Bible book), I am referred to, not God.

Where and How I learn my limit from? is from my parents, school etc. because they know me in real life which the bible book doesn't.[/FONT]

You got a good point here, Liebling.

Well, When you post a topic says " Bible say so" what do u mean by the bible says so? U are saying we must required to follow the bible or be ordered to follow? If that the case then honstly no one is required to be force to by the book of a bible. The bible is just about GOD words and history that goes way way back to the bible time lines. But the Bible is also a book about cause and effect! It contains literally hundreds of different laws, each carrying the power of cause and effect for those who keep or break them.

Well, When you post a topic says " Bible say so" what do u mean by the bible says so? U are saying we must required to follow the bible or be ordered to follow? If that the case then honstly no one is required to be force to by the book of a bible. The bible is just about GOD words and history that goes way way back to the bible time lines. But the Bible is also a book about cause and effect! It contains literally hundreds of different laws, each carrying the power of cause and effect for those who keep or break them.

Usually when people say "because the Bible says so", it means they
believe the Bible is the Word of God and that if the Bible says a thing
it has to be true. While I believe this to be true God also expects us
to read this book ourselves and not listen to other peoples interpretations
of it. The problem is not with the Bible. The problem is we as a society
have lost so much of our previous knowledge base that we are trying
to interpret without an adequate understanding. I would never try to
interpret a verse out of the Bible into ASL unless I was very certain I
knew the meaning, context, and greek and hebrew definitions and the
contextual uses for those words. Whew! I would not want that on my
conscience and if I did interpret a (single) verse I would ask several
native Deaf people, knowledgeable in the use of other languages if they
thought I was correct. The whole message of the Bible is simple enough
for a child to understand. But studying purpose, meaning and intent of
individual passages, chapters and books, needs to be done with prayer,
(if you are a believer). It doesn't matter to you if you are not a believer.

Ahh... No, ADers.

I used a title "Because Bible Said So!" because it's common for people said, "Remember what Bible said..." "because bible said so..." and "etc" that I disagreed.. Why? Some people use quotes toward other people when they have a different belief, that should not have done (imo) to each other.

That was why I suggested and explained when I picked this title.

I think we, inculding myself, should drop it off for now. Shall we?

Using quotes from the Bible and to change it, I wouldn't. the Bible is written as it was in the first place. Let it as it was written. It is a real Bible. And using quotes to mock people will not solve anything, but make it worse...
Do you mean that the Bible mocks the people?

Where and How I learn my limit from? is from my parents, school etc. because they know me in real life which the bible book doesn't.
The Bible is the God-speaking.

"...The Bible book doesn't"? The Bible teaches that we are limited because the Bible said we are little lower than angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back