Any Vegan/Vegetarians Out There?

even if I took a field trip at slaughterhouse, I'd still eat meat anyway. It's no different from how our ancestors butcher it except that slaughterhouse butchers a lot more animals in one day.

I find it comical that people's choice to be vegetarian is mainly cuz of "animal cruelty". Sorry but that's just me and it's silly. These farm animals are "designed" to be eaten. Mother Nature is not that nice. Mother Nature doesn't create useless animals for no reason.

You know, the whole debate on the veggie vs meatie thing, there's one super strong point. 3/4ths of our teeth are shaped to slice and tear at stuff like meat, for most of us we only have 4 bottom back molars to chew on plants cow style.

guessing it's just the taste as i hear the same from all non-asians who try it. one suggestion I can give is to learn or try to marinate or space the tofu before cooking it, that's how it is done in almost all restaurant dishes aside from the soups.

They also have the hard brown fried version, that's more acceptable to some people. It's not going to be sold at walmart and target though - have to go to asian groceries for that.

disgusting. it's just as bad as pouring milk & sugar in coffee. I like my tofu raw or unflavored.

You know, the whole debate on the veggie vs meatie thing, there's one super strong point. 3/4ths of our teeth are shaped to slice and tear at stuff like meat, for most of us we only have 4 bottom back molars to chew on plants cow style.

yea.

however - I'm cool with person's choice to be vegetarian for health reason. that's understandable and logical but I just can't get over it when a person chose to be a vegetarian cuz it sickens them to see poor Bambi being slaughtered. It just makes me wanna yank their chain because that person tends to be a huge hypocrite :nana:

don't take it wrong - I do believe that slaughterhouse and farms should be more humane and they should treat animals with dignity and respect. I can choose to not eat at McDonald if I disagree with they way they're raising and slaughtering animals and the way they cook it but it won't stop me from eating meat. since couple years ago, I rarely eat at franchise because they don't treat their food with respect. I eat locally.

Wow...

back on point: I HATE tofu! I tried my best for a year to like it but never have been able to. Someone told me if I made my own, it would taste much better but I've never tried.

Plain tofu... I can understand why you don't like it. Think of tofu as sponge, soaking up flavors as you marinate the cubed tofu pieces. Then stir fry them with veggies. Real good!

um.... it's Taco Bell... same franchise business like McDonald and Burger King. what did you expect???? Did you think it was healthy & organic or something?

lol.

Leave it to you to twist an innocuous statement into a negative. I would get Taco Bell nachos occasionally if I felt like eating something "bad". I wasn't going for their organic produce.

LOL

Last edited:
Plain tofu... I can understand why you don't like it. Think of tofu as sponge, soaking up flavors as you marinate the cubed tofu pieces. Then stir fry them with veggies. Real good!

I've tried all that already. Still don't like it. I just don't do well with gelatinous foods, the texture of it turns me off.

even if I took a field trip at slaughterhouse, I'd still eat meat anyway. It's no different from how our ancestors butcher it except that slaughterhouse butchers a lot more animals in one day.

I find it comical that people's choice to be vegetarian is mainly cuz of "animal cruelty". Sorry but that's just me and it's silly. These farm animals are "designed" to be eaten. Mother Nature is not that nice. Mother Nature doesn't create useless animals for no reason.

Um....ok...

Leave it to you to twist an innocuous statement into a negative. I would get Taco Bell nachos occasionally if I felt like eating something "bad". I wasn't going for their organic produce.

LOL

If eating something "bad" was your goal, Taco Bell's the way to go!

Hardees and/or Carl Jr's market their burgers to be north of 1000 calories. Its been working for them.

Sorry to be off topic, but I have to ask! It has been a source of friendly teasing for a while.

Does anyone remember Hardee's selling primarily roast beef sandwiches (not hamburgers) during the 90's?

Sorry to be off topic, but I have to ask! It has been a source of friendly teasing for a while.

Does anyone remember Hardee's selling primarily roast beef sandwiches (not hamburgers) during the 90's?

I do! And for a while they did fried chicken also.

I love tofu. I have made mousse with silken tofu and tofu tips over rice with frozen, thawed and well drained firm tofu. I think it is delicious. It isnt for eveyone. I know a kid who calls it "toe food". He just doesnt like it.
I have seriously converted skeptics with tofu salad sandwiches though.

Can we stick to vegetarian/vegan as the 'M' word is like a four letters word to us here? :wave:

LOL

no..... I'm referring to your previous post -

I've been a vegetarian/borderline vegan for 23 years. Everyone else in my family eats meat.

Did you not think Taco Bell food was "questionable"? If you wanted nachos... why don't you make your own? Make it junky if you like, too.

So this thread reminded me of the fact that there is all kinds of nasty stuff in things we eat that we don't expect.

I love Taco Bell nachos. Yesterday I got some, and as I took a bite I thought, "hmm. I don't really know what exactly is in here." so I promptly googled the information.

Gag me. I'm literally feeling sick to my stomach writing this.

There is animal rennet in it!!

Needless to say, I threw out my nachos. I had to make a concerted effort not to throw up, I was so disgusted.

:eek3: I just googled..... I don't think I can see cheese.... my biggest addiction the same way again...

Heres my thing, I want to do it for health reasons and because I just don't care to support the slaughter house, my guy is a carnivore though, my true test there lol. We have an understanding though when it comes to cooking.

Jiro, I understand what you mean by the ancestors had to eat animals for survival.... BUT, heres the thing, we don't have to now.

Heres my thing, I want to do it for health reasons and because I just don't care to support the slaughter house, my guy is a carnivore though, my true test there lol. We have an understanding though when it comes to cooking.

Jiro, I understand what you mean by the ancestors had to eat animals for survival....
just a slight correction. most of ancestors do not eat animals and they did not largely rely on animals for survivals until when humanity reached agricultural phase.

Look at nature - even omnivore species do not largely eat animals. Pigs, bears, primates, etc. It's very difficult to hunt for preys on regular basis. That's why some carnivorous/omnivorous species evolved into scavengers.

BUT, heres the thing, we don't have to now.
then that means we have to let our farm animals to go extinct.

and it's very dangerous to chose not to eat it simply because we have achieved technology to artificially create food. what if technology is gone? All you can do is hope that we go thru another evolutionary stage where we don't have to kill to eat.

Back