Any Vegan/Vegetarians Out There?

I knew my post would offend some people :)

but it's logical. It's even more cruel to farm animals for not being the way they were designed to be.

hmm....I think factory farming is cruel. family farms, they're happily grazing in fields but factory farms are nightmarish and unfortunately that's where the majority of meat comes from so that's why I don't eat it.

Try watching "earthlings" sometime on youtube. they have subtitles.

hmm....I think factory farming is cruel. family farms, they're happily grazing in fields but factory farms are nightmarish and unfortunately that's where the majority of meat comes from so that's why I don't eat it.

Try watching "earthlings" sometime on youtube. they have subtitles.

absolutely. I agree with you. That's why I eat meat that are freely-grazed. It's a price to pay but not a big issue for me since I don't eat meat often - probably once or twice a week.

I too am very disgusted with the way "mass production" farms raise and slaughter animals. It is unpleasant to think about eating meat that was raised with fear and horror.

Long video, great speaker... not for the faint hearts thanks from a dear friend passing it to me. and yes there is caption option and its accurate

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4]Best Speech You Will Ever Hear - Gary Yourofsky - YouTube[/ame]

Have you tried the Morning Star "meats"? They are like meat - corn dogs, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, chicken patties, sausage - but all are vegetarian! I love them very much. I am mostly vegetarian (I will eat meat if nothing else is available, but will choose vegetarian if possible). I do not drink milk because I am lactose intolerant, but I do occasionally eat eggs.

As far as Tofu, my favorite things other than a typical stir-fry is to make lemon cheesecake (using tofu instead of the cream cheese) or to make a veggie/chip/pretzel dip (with tofu instead of sour cream).

Wirelessly posted

veal is baby cow meat right? I think that one is worst part about cruelty to animal for food (they dont let baby cow play or walk around they're forced to stay in tiny space to fatten up and keep meat soft) thank god I cant eat beef (body doesnt agree with it) chicken, turkey, seafood (no fish due to allergy) I dont care much about which is why I still eat them and pork too I dont have much feeling toward pigs like I do to some other animals

Wirelessly posted

veal is baby cow meat right? I think that one is worst part about cruelty to animal for food (they dont let baby cow play or walk around they're forced to stay in tiny space to fatten up and keep meat soft) thank god I cant eat beef (body doesnt agree with it) chicken, turkey, seafood (no fish due to allergy) I dont care much about which is why I still eat them and pork too I dont have much feeling toward pigs like I do to some other animals

yes. I do eat veal but rarely. It is dang good though.

I used to eat veal until I learned about it. Now, instead of Veal Parmigiana I eat eggplant parmigiana.

I just got into a huge and I mean HUGE argument with a friend over it. "You need meat! thats how we were brought up! we're supposed to eat meat!"

Now heres the thing, she was preaching at me. I kept my feelings on the subject to myself.

Rather than waste my breathe I just told her "look up Earthlings"

We don't just allow it, we cause it.

Humans can survive without meat. Some people say they need to eat meat for protein but there's soo many alternative sources of protein out there. People fail to acknowledge that not eating lots of meat can be better for your health.

I agree with that statement. Animals that are bred for the food chain are inhumanely kept whilst they're alive an then barbarically killed when it's time for them to enter the food chain. It's wrong

Well............. I was a vegan for a while. I ate a TON of protein every day and it got to the point where it was too expensive.

I had memory issues, and the week after i started eating meat again, things were back to normal.

I dont know how to explain that.

Well............. I was a vegan for a while. I ate a TON of protein every day and it got to the point where it was too expensive.

I had memory issues, and the week after i started eating meat again, things were back to normal.

I dont know how to explain that.

Exact same for my daughter.

Humans can survive without meat. Some people say they need to eat meat for protein but there's soo many alternative sources of protein out there. People fail to acknowledge that not eating lots of meat can be better for your health.

I agree with that statement. Animals that are bred for the food chain are inhumanely kept whilst they're alive an then barbarically killed when it's time for them to enter the food chain. It's wrong

Bill Clinton would say that.

Just went to Olive Garden and asked for no chicken on my pasta.... what happens? The plate is loaded with chicken!!!

Just went to Olive Garden and asked for no chicken on my pasta.... what happens? The plate is loaded with chicken!!!

I have learned that at a lot of restaurants that it is easier to ask for it on the side. Then I can either pitch it, or bring it home for the neighbor's dogs.

Back