Any Vegan/Vegetarians Out There?

Wirelessly posted

I'm demivegetarian (no red meat) because my body does not agree with any red meat at all and allergic to fish but not shellfish. Lactose intolerant since 2008 and getting worse (cheese is affecting me no matter how little I ate now waaaaah) Found out I'm allergic to fungus in blue cheese (full back and arms rash with numb mouth and throat) scary stuff.

Jiro is right. I love raw tofu just as he said but I grate fresh raw ginger in it. For soups try Miso soup with tofu cubelets.
I also make a mean tofu bulgogi.

You'd be surprised how many products have gelatin in them (primary ingredient of jello). Gum, candy, marshmallows, mints, sour cream, yogurt etc. Pectin is a good gelatin substitute.

I totally forgot about gelatin. You can find kosher jello/marshmellow at either jewish food store or Seventh Day Advents (as they are vegetarian).

When I moved in with my cousin temporarily. His wife told me that my choice of being vegetarian was giving her a hard time in preparing food. I thought it over and didn't tell her this: Really the food industry is giving me a hard time.

When I moved in with my cousin temporarily. His wife told me that my choice of being vegetarian was giving her a hard time in preparing food. I thought it over and didn't tell her this: Really the food industry is giving me a hard time.

I would of simply said "ok don't worry about it. I can make my own food"

If the slaughter house had glass windows, everyone would be vegetarians.

So this thread reminded me of the fact that there is all kinds of nasty stuff in things we eat that we don't expect.

I love Taco Bell nachos. Yesterday I got some, and as I took a bite I thought, "hmm. I don't really know what exactly is in here." so I promptly googled the information.

Gag me. I'm literally feeling sick to my stomach writing this.

There is animal rennet in it!!

Needless to say, I threw out my nachos. I had to make a concerted effort not to throw up, I was so disgusted.

When I got home and told my carnivore husband, he couldn't help but laugh. He knew how much I loved those nachos.

Taco Bell- it was fun. I'm afraid it's time we part ways.

Or if people can easy see what is REALLY in their food...

Thats why I only buy from people I know. I haven't bought meat from store in a couple years now.

If you don't understand what is on the ingredient list - why eat it? << my motto to live by.

That said, tofu can rot in hell. :giggle:

So this thread reminded me of the fact that there is all kinds of nasty stuff in things we eat that we don't expect.

I love Taco Bell nachos. Yesterday I got some, and as I took a bite I thought, "hmm. I don't really know what exactly is in here." so I promptly googled the information.

Gag me. I'm literally feeling sick to my stomach writing this.

There is animal rennet in it!!

Needless to say, I threw out my nachos. I had to make a concerted effort not to throw up, I was so disgusted.

I wonder if people ever stop to ask themselves why junk food is so cheap. Whenever I would see a sign for saying burgers for 1 dollar at Burger King, it raises a lot of red flags. Don't think their meat comes from happy family farms, they come from industrial factory farming where standards are low and animal cruelty is high.

On a lark, I googled nutritional information about junk food and found out that on average, a typical meal of a soda, fries and a cheeseburger is about 1700 calories - that's a day's worth of calories for an average woman!

Hardee's bacon cheeseburger, for example, just the burger alone, is 1500 calories.

Taco Bell has one of the worst reputations as far as quality of their food goes.

I wonder if people ever stop to ask themselves why junk food is so cheap. Whenever I would see a sign for saying burgers for 1 dollar at Burger King, it raises a lot of red flags. Don't think their meat comes from happy family farms, they come from industrial factory farming where standards are low and animal cruelty is high.

On a lark, I googled nutritional information about junk food and found out that on average, a typical meal of a soda, fries and a cheeseburger is about 1700 calories - that's a day's worth of calories for an average woman!

Hardee's bacon cheeseburger, for example, just the burger alone, is 1500 calories.

Taco Bell has one of the worst reputations as far as quality of their food goes.

Hardees and/or Carl Jr's market their burgers to be north of 1000 calories. Its been working for them.

Hardees and/or Carl Jr's market their burgers to be north of 1000 calories. Its been working for them.

Which burgers, I wonder? If it was their plainest burgers without all the fixings, I could believe it.

Junk food is just that, junk. Anyone who thinks it's nutrition is kidding themselves.

Believe what? I said north of 1000 calories, not south.

I wasn't referring to you exactly. I just mean the gullibility of some people believing advertising of fast food chains.

p.s. when you say north of 1000 calories, do you mean more than or less than 1000 calories?

Back