A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

My pipes are loud and I also ride with my driving lights and high beam on all the time. My light bar actually wiggles a bit so that combined with the high beams create kind of a strobe effect.

yep, excatly me too. High beam on ALL the time ftw!!

Yes, that is the correct way to read that statement. The placement of the word "most" is the key.

Maybe the cost factor in the scheme of things is not important because how often would you need to buy the fluid? Maybe once in the lifetime of your bike ownership?

Hubby suggests, if your brake filler opening is above a painted area, just drape a tarp over the area to protect it.

yup. it looks like surgical room :lol:

Added led and removed pegs today. loving it!
img5017x.jpg

img5014d.jpg

saw 2 bikes on the way home from work. today's crappy rainy weather.

this poor fella's riding Ducati cuz he's wearing jeans and sneakers... all drenched
10sbtyg.jpg

this guy's riding BMW bike. I noticed that he has same gear as mine from same company Motoport so I know he's dry as a bone. It's got nice waterproof inner clothes (removable)
2djcvmo.jpg

I don't know what to make of this :shock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWmqv8reSjA]YouTube - COOL CHINESE MAN RIDES MOTORCYCLE IN AN UNCONVENTIONAL WAY[/ame]

I thought riding "side saddle" was for girls. :lol:

I'll be riding soon. Today, the delivery of the back rest and luggage rack arrived. Hooray!

I also got my pink leather gloves today. ;)

I took a short ride with TinCanSailor (Hubby) the other day, just around the neighborhood. It was fun but not comfortable without the back rest (sissy bar). I like holding onto TCS but in that position the front of my full-face helmet hit the back of his, so I had to keep my head and neck twisted sideways to avoid clunking. That's not a comfortable way to ride. :(

I'll be riding soon. Today, the delivery of the back rest and luggage rack arrived. Hooray!

I also got my pink leather gloves today. ;)

I took a short ride with TinCanSailor (Hubby) the other day, just around the neighborhood. It was fun but not comfortable without the back rest (sissy bar). I like holding onto TCS but in that position the front of my full-face helmet hit the back of his, so I had to keep my head and neck twisted sideways to avoid clunking. That's not a comfortable way to ride. :(

ah yea I know the feeling. it's a typical issue when doing 2-up. That's why some of them wear three-quarters (open face) helmet and goggle.... or even half-helmet.

btw Reba - be careful about rally ride like Myrtle Beach Bike Week and have a blast! If it's something like the rally I attended - it can be daunting for beginner cuz riding in group especially a huge one can be stressful and intimidating. The biggest I rode in was over 5,000 bikers :shock:

know some "group riding" etiquette and just relax... ya'all will be fine :cool2:

lol you make me feel like a little kid again with a surprise present!
bliss_smilie.gif
That's how TCS (Hubby) feels too! When we get a delivery, I text him at work, "Merry Christmas". He knows what it means. :lol:

That's how TCS (Hubby) feels too! When we get a delivery, I text him at work, "Merry Christmas". He knows what it means. :lol:

I've always wondered what TCS means. Is it initial name?

btw Reba - be careful about rally ride like Myrtle Beach Bike Week and have a blast! If it's something like the rally I attended - it can be daunting for beginner cuz riding in group especially a huge one can be stressful and intimidating. The biggest I rode in was over 5,000 bikers :shock:

know some "group riding" etiquette and just relax... ya'all will be fine :cool2:
We'll be riding up by ourselves most likely because we can only go for one week day (work schedule, budget). TCS's permit is good for daylight hours only, so we have to be back before 8 p.m. (Like Cinderella, or else the bike turns into a pumpkin.)

We've been to MB a few times before (not on the bike), so we don't need to go to any "tourist" stuff. We already know the area. We'll stick to the venues outside the city itself. We would like to check out the vendors and admire bikes.

A couple years ago we were in MB during Black Bike Week. It's usually held two weeks after MB/Grand Strand Week. Mostly sport bikes then, and I saw my first two Can-Am Spyders on the road then. A lot of guys wore the helmets that look like Spartans.

The reason we were in MB during that week was because I was taking the written/computer portion of my RID NIC certification test. It was the closest testing site. The bike week was just a bonus. :lol:

Black Bike Week 2010

I've always wondered what TCS means. Is it initial name?
It's his screen name for AllDeaf. TinCanSailor. In the US Navy, a destroyer ship is nicknamed a "tin can". (Aircraft carriers are "bird farms" and to sub sailors, all surface ships are "targets." :lol: )

Did you read TCS's introduction thread post?

I can call him TCS now, not just "Hubby." :)

He'll be posting here later, depending on his work schedule.

We'll be riding up by ourselves most likely because we can only go for one week day (work schedule, budget). TCS's permit is good for daylight hours only, so we have to be back before 8 p.m. (Like Cinderella, or else the bike turns into a pumpkin.)

We've been to MB a few times before (not on the bike), so we don't need to go to any "tourist" stuff. We already know the area. We'll stick to the venues outside the city itself. We would like to check out the vendors and admire bikes.

A couple years ago we were in MB during Black Bike Week. It's usually held two weeks after MB/Grand Strand Week. Mostly sport bikes then, and I saw my first two Can-Am Spyders on the road then. A lot of guys wore the helmets that look like Spartans.

The reason we were in MB during that week was because I was taking the written/computer portion of my RID NIC certification test. It was the closest testing site. The bike week was just a bonus. :lol:

Black Bike Week 2010

lol!!! I still haven't figured out what's up with the helmet mohawk. We do have one infamous biker in NYC who rides on same street everyday wearing helmet mohawk. Several bikers at rally wore it too. I don't know what it means or what's so special about it. :dunno:

369784342_300cf43e05.jpg

It's his screen name for AllDeaf. TinCanSailor. In the US Navy, a destroyer ship is nicknamed a "tin can". (Aircraft carriers are "bird farms" and to sub sailors, all surface ships are "targets." :lol: )

Did you read TCS's introduction thread post?

I can call him TCS now, not just "Hubby." :)

He'll be posting here later, depending on his work schedule.

oh?? I didn't see thread. cool!!!

lol!!! I still haven't figured out what's up with the helmet mohawk. We do have one infamous biker in NYC who rides on same street everyday wearing helmet mohawk. Several bikers at rally wore it too. I don't know what it means or what's so special about it. :dunno:

369784342_300cf43e05.jpg
I guess it's just a fashion statement. :giggle:

Back