A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Pictures of my bike now that I have the saddlebags, toolbag, rack, and backrest installed.

Attachments

• fullbike2.jpg
    fullbike2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10
  • saddlebag1.jpg
    saddlebag1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 8
  • toolbag1.jpg
    toolbag1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 7
  • backrest1.jpg
    backrest1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 9
  • fullbike5.jpg
    fullbike5.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 9
Not bad! I am thinking to get 2009 GZ250.
2ez04ly.jpg

in NZ its called GN250, its been around for a long time... nice bike but not grunty enough for that highway riding. Like if you're gonna ride this in the open road, it'd get overheated, then if not, you'd still find it limited in its overtaking capability, might be better to look for a larger capacity like i dunno a 400 or 500 just forget about top speeds im talking about the ease of riding in open roads. Just for commuting with style, and small amount of freeway/highway riding its fine, but dont over do it, or else you'd be dissapointed. Its reliable, but dunno how reliable if taken on prolonged higher speeds riding sessions.

hell, if i want to get a used bike, Id liken a VFR700, odd size for NZ, its an american import (due to 750cc insurance restrictions in the 80's)...i rode one and loved it, it wicks up to speed so quick with so much ease its not funny, doing 200k's so so damn criminally EASY !!!...i feel in love with this one, but at that time had no money, and now still no money :( ...oh well such is life....

in NZ its called GN250, its been around for a long time... nice bike but not grunty enough for that highway riding. Like if you're gonna ride this in the open road, it'd get overheated, then if not, you'd still find it limited in its overtaking capability, might be better to look for a larger capacity like i dunno a 400 or 500 just forget about top speeds im talking about the ease of riding in open roads. Just for commuting with style, and small amount of freeway/highway riding its fine, but dont over do it, or else you'd be dissapointed. Its reliable, but dunno how reliable if taken on prolonged higher speeds riding sessions.

hell, if i want to get a used bike, Id liken a VFR700, odd size for NZ, its an american import (due to 750cc insurance restrictions in the 80's)...i rode one and loved it, it wicks up to speed so quick with so much ease its not funny, doing 200k's so so damn criminally EASY !!!...i feel in love with this one, but at that time had no money, and now still no money :( ...oh well such is life....

i knew it was a GSX-R (or they just call it GSXR now for its so long it has evolved from the GS, GSX models of the early 80's...
didnt know it was a 600, it must be pretty quick, probably could kill a GXS-R750 (dont think it would touch that 1100 though) of the 1986 time. (loved the old model they do like more like a race bike than they do now, imo)
but yah what's the next bike you're talking about? the hayabusa???

if i had money to get a bike, (any bike) it would be a MV Agusta F4 (750) they have they have a 1000's but i dont like the wheels...and the 750 is plenty fast enough...they are sized like a 250...which suits me Im not a big boy...but i rode like a crazed clown lol

cheers

I used to have a r1. which is 1000cc. i am not going to upgrade my bike anymore. I am in love with 600cc because since the 600 is pretty quick in curves road than 1000cc does and 1000cc will walk with 600 in the straight road.

Highlander - nice bike! but are you sure you want to go with 250cc??? didn't you tell me before that you're gonna commute it on highway? it's not going to be pretty.... riding 250cc at highway speed.... I hope you don't get nerve damage after a while

My jacket arrived today! Hooray! Now we are ready for the highway. :lol:

I look like a pink and white football player (because of the armored shoulder pads). :giggle:

That's right. I plan to get it and stay avoid from high speed for while and I am newer bike. I believe 250cc is safely for around 40mph. I stay avoid from highway as I can till trade it to get a 650cc.

Highlander - nice bike! but are you sure you want to go with 250cc??? didn't you tell me before that you're gonna commute it on highway? it's not going to be pretty.... riding 250cc at highway speed.... I hope you don't get nerve damage after a while

I knew you going to said something. Two big reasons why I choose 250cc:

1) It is afford and easy to pay off then trade to a 650cc later
2) More safely for newer like you suggest.

That's right. I plan to get it and stay avoid from high speed for while and I am newer bike. I believe 250cc is safely for around 40mph. I stay avoid from highway as I can till trade it to get a 650cc.

I knew you going to said something. Two big reasons why I choose 250cc:

1) It is afford and easy to pay off then trade to a 650cc later
2) More safely for newer like you suggest.

ah... a very good idea! You'll have a great safe fun! :rockon: Better hurry up before riding season is over!!!

oh btw - I just did a quick search. your bike can go up to 90mph but :hmm: I'm not sure if that's good idea cuz it'll vibrate like crazy after 65mph.... but hey - it doesn't hurt to find out, eh? just keep your rubber side down :lol:

oh btw - I just did a quick search. your bike can go up to 90mph but :hmm: I'm not sure if that's good idea cuz it'll vibrate like crazy after 65mph.... but hey - it doesn't hurt to find out, eh? just keep your rubber side down :lol:

That's what dealer told me about over 80mph but I won't bother it and I am sure it will become vibrate like crazy.

Not bad! I am thinking to get 2009 GZ250.
It's a nice traditional looking bike. :)

I had a Suzuki 250 many years ago, and it never overheated even when I rode the highways. I wouldn't think that Suzuki would have regressed in their technology since then, so it should be fine. My old bike had a top speed of 85 mph but I never took it over 70. :lol:

The only problem of overheating that I can think of would be if you're in a lot of heat and humidity while in heavy city traffic.

My old r1 did 92mph in 2 gear. :shock:

It look much better than before especially I love it's tail.

Thanks, D. Yeah eliminator kit and exhaust was on way to my door when i picked up the bike.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFla-d1lKA]YouTube - Reevu MSX1 Rear View Mirror Motorcycle Helmet[/ame]

What do you think of helmet with rear mirror? I just wonder what's happen if sun direct to rear of helmet and it blind you?

Don't forget to click a CC.

What do you think of helmet with rear mirror? I just wonder what's happen if sun direct to rear of helmet and it blind you?

Don't forget to click a CC.

whoa that's awesome. a very interesting concept. IMO - old-fashioned way works better cuz it's much safer and faster. simple 2 processes - look at your side mirror and then turn your head to look at blind spot before you turn. that's it. simple.

but I'd like to try on this helmet and make judgment. I don't know if the mirror thing will be distracting or not like what you said - what if the sun is behind my head? I think you can push it in to close it. :dunno:

Back