A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

wheres the RG500's??

ah yea I know the feeling. it's a typical issue when doing 2-up. That's why some of them wear three-quarters (open face) helmet and goggle.... or even half-helmet.
We don't hit any more since I installed the back rest. :lol:

Thanks for the link to the ADV forum--I can't get enough of it! Many, many tips for any kind of riding. I enjoy reading about the road trips and looking at the pictures.

I know right? I read some incredibly fascinating road trips - so fascinating that I pulled a few all-nighters!!! I was so groggy at work. :lol:

I check out Flea Market and Face Plants often as well. Be careful!!! It will steal many hours of your time!!! :lol:

2jab53k.jpg

wheres the RG500's??
Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles.
Hunter S Thompson
Like human cannonball Mario Zacchini said, “Flying isn’t the hard part; landing in the net is.”

Of course, that wasn't a problem for Hunter. :lol:

When you are parked in a public place, do you stow your helmet or take it with you?

If you stow it, how do you secure it? With a lock, or in a saddle bag, or . . . ?

When you are parked in a public place, do you stow your helmet or take it with you?

If you stow it, how do you secure it? With a lock, or in a saddle bag, or . . . ?

it's always a big question for us. It depends on the situation. If you were at rally or similar - they just leave it on their passenger footpegs, seat, or mirror. Some stows it away in rear/side cases. for me - I stow it in my rear case.

if you want to go extra measure which costs money to buy these parts - 2 ways to do this... throttle lock or license plate lock -

kur6247_1.jpg
helmetguard1L.jpg

it's always a big question for us. It depends on the situation. If you were at rally or similar - they just leave it on their passenger footpegs, seat, or mirror. Some stows it away in rear/side cases. for me - I stow it in my rear case.

if you want to go extra measure which costs money to buy these parts - 2 ways to do this... throttle lock or license plate lock -

kur6247_1.jpg
helmetguard1L.jpg
I knew about the bike frame locks but I didn't know about these. Yeah!

While searching for helmet locks on-line, I saw that some of them looked just like the cable locks for guns that I have hanging in the closet, not being used. Bonus! I now have two free helmet locks! :lol:

While searching for helmet locks on-line, I saw that some of them looked just like the cable locks for guns that I have hanging in the closet, not being used. Bonus! I now have two free helmet locks! :lol:

yep you could use that! I have one too. just be careful cuz those metal cable can scratch your paint or chrome so if you want to - you can just wrap it with some tape or whatever. One can use those traveler lock with cable.

yep you could use that! I have one too. just be careful cuz those metal cable can scratch your paint or chrome so if you want to - you can just wrap it with some tape or whatever. One can use those traveler lock with cable.
My locks and cables are completely covered in soft plastic. One's a bright yellow Mossberg, and the other's a red Ruger.

My locks and cables are completely covered in soft plastic. One's a bright yellow Mossberg, and the other's a red Ruger.

ah dang. mine's metal cable. definitely scratches my gun. that's why I don't use it. better tape it up!

tincan sailor lol, funny how you reply to my signature

but i was really worried that everyones forgetting the fabulous two strokes... like this...

RG 500 Gamma

Suzuki RG500 Gallery

cuz i rode quite alot of those, and bloody missing them but the problem is I can't afford it now giving the prices of petrol and oil as it is now, - its pretty much now prohibitive! god those were the days, I remember doing 190K in Benmore Avenue in my hometown which is a short suburban road, just long enough to reach the speed then brake real HARD like 200M to turn left doing 30k to 50Ks...LOLthe street was probably no more than 1.5Km long...or with the straights being less than 1.2Km long!...get the picture four strokes cant do that unless its the biggest Meanest Race replica (or modded to match as close to the actual race brothers)

I had fun today. testing out the gears of my friend's definitely my next purchase!
30102_391831009510_502984510_3776137_4294239_n.jpg

whats da bike?

if you can afford it, donate me a worked Spondon RG'V'500, aka RGV chassis with RG500 heh heh...(put the V-twin 250 into a go-kart kit lol)

whoa Endemic. slow down. I had to hold onto my table :lol:

tincan sailor lol, funny how you reply to my signature

but i was really worried that everyones forgetting the fabulous two strokes... like this...

RG 500 Gamma

Suzuki RG500 Gallery

cuz i rode quite alot of those, and bloody missing them but the problem is I can't afford it now giving the prices of petrol and oil as it is now, - its pretty much now prohibitive! god those were the days, I remember doing 190K in Benmore Avenue in my hometown which is a short suburban road, just long enough to reach the speed then brake real HARD like 200M to turn left doing 30k to 50Ks...LOLthe street was probably no more than 1.5Km long...or with the straights being less than 1.2Km long!...get the picture four strokes cant do that unless its the biggest Meanest Race replica (or modded to match as close to the actual race brothers)

Yes, two strokes could be fun. My first motorcycle was a blue Suzuki X-6 Hustler two-stroke. I bought it in 1968 (used) when I was age 16.

I don't have a picture of it but it looked like this:

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/uploadedImages/articles/issues/2009-01-01/Suzuki-Hustler1.jpg

my bike? it's 09 gsxr 600

i knew it was a GSX-R (or they just call it GSXR now for its so long it has evolved from the GS, GSX models of the early 80's...
didnt know it was a 600, it must be pretty quick, probably could kill a GXS-R750 (dont think it would touch that 1100 though) of the 1986 time. (loved the old model they do like more like a race bike than they do now, imo)
but yah what's the next bike you're talking about? the hayabusa???

if i had money to get a bike, (any bike) it would be a MV Agusta F4 (750) they have they have a 1000's but i dont like the wheels...and the 750 is plenty fast enough...they are sized like a 250...which suits me Im not a big boy...but i rode like a crazed clown lol

cheers

Back