Children with body-pieces/tattoos

Opal

Reaction score
I see more and more school children to received tattoos and body-pieces as it is trendy nowadays, I am wondering if any of your kids has it?

My 2 daughters has two holes each ears, and I think it's enough, and other daughter has one hole each.

I know a girl who is only 13, has tongue pieced, nose pieced, three holes ear pieces, and navel-pieced.

One day my daughter went and ask for another hole for her ear, and was told she cannot do that without my written permission lol - Thats great isn't it, as it need parent's signature before they give it to your children!!!

Do you support that idea?

No, I don't support my children having tattoo or body-pieces under the age of 18...They would have to wait until they get to that age.....I do have one tattoo around my ankle and I had that when I was 30 and the only body-pieces for myself would be on my ears that it.....I am hoping my boys wouldn't think of getting any body-pieces.... :ugh:

If my daughter wants to pierce her ears...I will allow her to. It does mean that she would have to maintain the cleaning of her ears and keep track of the billion loose earrings she's likely to have all over the place.

Should she approach me asking to get a navel or nipple ring, or something rash like that, I will of course, tell her "absolutely not." But then when she stamps her feet and demands to know why, I'll sit her down and say, "Melissa...how many 20-something, 30-something year old women do you see with navel rings?" She'll have to think long and hard on that one...because I do believe (please do correct me if I am wrong) that most navel piercings are done by teenagers (17-19) and girls in their early twenties. MOst of them get infected or "annoying" and are removed.

So...What's the point? Wanna make a fashion statement? I'll loan you the money for a clip-on. You wanna pierce your nipples? Go ahead...do it when you're an adult. Just don't ever let me find out. LOL.

Malfoyish

I do allow for my children when turns teenager whatever if their choice of piecered or tattoo. Espically My eldest son wanted piecered on his tongue but not ready to have it. I told him, please don't take piecered on his tongue reason why you're still underage so can wait until turn 16 yrs old. I know He really figets habits and to take the any object and put into his mouth, and also where kept him busy foreplay on his mouth. I begged him don't take any object. I know he is figets due he is A.D.H.D.

You wanna pierce your nipples?
OWWW!!!! Who would want to pierce their nipples? Well that's maybe slightly better then piercing what' s "down south" (if you get my drift)

I wouldn't let my son to have any piercing on any part of body.. maybe one hole on the ear is fine. but others no thanks.. i'll keep saying no till he turns 18.. then he's on his own.

as for tattoo.. i'll wait till he turns 18.. 18 and up is enough and good.. yet, hope he didn't get any tattoo/piercing that i wish he won't get it.

deafdyke said:
OWWW!!!! Who would want to pierce their nipples? Well that's maybe slightly better then piercing what' s "down south" (if you get my drift)
*Shuddderrrs* i know! I was at a party and this girl came up and asked if id like to have my nipples piereced..I said "Hell no! then she showed it to me as she just had it done, I almost gagged..it was swollen and bloody! I said uuhh, excuse me i gotta go and talk to my friend over there"..she just laughed! I was appalled that she had a lot of nerve to ask and show me her bloody nipples....... :crazy:

Well i'm for it. If they wanna do it let them, if it's ugly and gross it's their problem coz it's stuck with them for the rest of their lives.

I have 16 peircings. 8 in each ear, and they're just in my EAR. None of that new peircing that other thing on your ear...mine are in the lobe and cartlige.

I also have a tattoo. It's a clover and it's on my foot. It's the size of a looney, so i can easily cover it.

I guess it all depends if you think these things through. Some people are stupid and think they'll like having a chain linked from their ear to their eyebrow to their nose, lip, nipple, belly button and prince albert in 60 years, so let them think that and get back to them when their skin starts to sag and the chains get caught to their oxygen tank. Then you can tell them "I told you so"

I am SOOO appalled that there are kids under 18 year old who have permanent tattoos!!! That is appalling, and it shows that they do not appreciate their bodies as it is.

I would allow my kids to have ear piercings, but not like the billion earrings in the ears, that's disgusting. As for navel piercings, I would prefer for them to wait until they're at least 16 and they are responsible for all cost, care, and maintenance, and for their health insurance in the event it does get infected due to improper care (the bill really adds up, I bet!!). Maybe that'd make them rethink their decision.

Tattoos, I would make them take a year of waiting before getting one -- and make sure they're still interested in the same design they wanted originally -- if it changes, then it's likely they won't be happy with it.

I do have two tattoos (got it when 19 and 23) -- I keep them very discreet -- a lot of people don't believe I have tattoos. And navel piercing when 23. And I have ear piercings but rarely wear my earrings anymore.

****FYI, don't let your daughter wear dangling earrings up until she's at least off the playground. I got my ears pierced in 3rd grade, and I was wearing medium sized earrings and one of my so-called friends at that time literally ripped it out of my ear, so now one of my piercings hang lower than the other side -- which sucks since I now only wear small earrings and have to loosen the normal one (and risk losing it) or tighten the ruined piercing (and risk my lobes turning red/purplish!)****

I find pierced tongues a turn off, I just find it disgusting.

Plus, I believe that there should be a law barring anybody under 18 from getting tattooed.

Why?

Because of the infections that they can get from uncleaned needles at tattoo places. There are a lot of tattoo places that don't clean their needles and it can give you illnesses or infections.

Any child should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be allowed to get a tattoo nor their tongues pierced. That is a decision a parent should never permit till the child is of legal age.

Why would anybody want to destroy their bodies like that?

I meant, pierced tongues?

Yuk.

I thought it was illegal for anyone under 18 to get tattoos. The only way around it, I believe, is that if they did it outside of the shop, or gosh did it prison-style.

Ugh!

Sweet_KJ said:
I thought it was illegal for anyone under 18 to get tattoos. The only way around it, I believe, is that if they did it outside of the shop, or gosh did it prison-style.

Ugh!

Not everywhere, some people can get it with permission, sometimes without. Minors should not be granted the permission at all. Parents should know better because a lot of children end up regretting getting tattooed.

Banjo said:
Why would anybody want to destroy their bodies like that?

One tattoo doesn't hurt to have and it don't destroy their bodies...since I do have one and nothing wrong with that!... :)

^Angel^ said:
One tattoo doesn't hurt to have and it don't destroy their bodies...since I do have one and nothing wrong with that!... :)

First of all, I was talking about piercing, not tattoo. But yes, tattoo can do some serious harm to your body if not done properly.

It's not okay when you're 15 and without the parent's permission!

Personally, I think there need to be a law barring children with or without permission from getting tattooed because of the risks.

Many people get tired of their tattoos and have to go through the laser surgery in order to remove it which costs a lot of money.

That's a decision for an adult to make, not a parent's decision. If one of my future children get a tattoo without permission. I'll have to force that child to go through a laser surgery because I was disrespected and was not consulted with in order to show that I am a serious parent and will do what I believe is important by sticking to my principles.

I shall not let a child get away with no consequences with disobeying me even if it is going to cost me a pretty penny.

every good reputation tat/piercing shops would NEVER do a procedure to a kid under 18 period!!! even if the parents gives permission they would still refuse -- due to higher risks of being sued or whatever later

my neice when she was like 13/14 years old -- she pierced her navel ON HER OWN and secretly and managed to hide that secret for a couple days til my brother in law (her dad) busted my neice having the pierce on her navel and he went thru the roof and my neice refused to remove it so he had to call my sister and have her get home and remove the piercing but in the end according to my sister it became infected and was difficult to remove so they had to take my niece to the ER and have it removed AND she was given a tetanus shot plus antibiotics -- but man -- my sister and her hubby were FURIOUS with my neice!!!!! i agreed with them banning her from body piercings of any kind -- she already has her ears pierced (1 in each ear) and 1 on the cartlidge part of an ear and that was enuf -- she also ASKED ME to shh shh and take her to a tat shop so she could get tattooed (she was 14/15 i think) and i said NO WAY is she going to get a tat!!!! she said i could keep it a secret -- i told her secret or not -- shes NOT getting 1 period! she said why qq i told her she can wait til shes 18 -- she got upset but :-x cuz i told her no further discussion is needed (this happened after she found out i have a tattoo :roll: )

Im all for the ears and navel.. It's because I have two piercings on my left ear and three on my right and my navel's pierced.. Its not that bad if they learn how to take care of it.. The ears are not hard to take care of at all, if you get them done professionally and clean them! But the navel piercing is the hardest because you have to pay attention to it all the time and clean it all the time.. If my children are not reponsible i would say no until they learn they can be responsible enough.. If they rebel against me, i would pop their eyes out.. lol.. Im kidding.. :)

Red~Rum said:
I see more and more school children to received tattoos and body-pieces as it is trendy nowadays, I am wondering if any of your kids has it?

My 2 daughters has two holes each ears, and I think it's enough, and other daughter has one hole each.

I know a girl who is only 13, has tongue pieced, nose pieced, three holes ear pieces, and navel-pieced.

One day my daughter went and ask for another hole for her ear, and was told she cannot do that without my written permission lol - Thats great isn't it, as it need parent's signature before they give it to your children!!!

Do you support that idea?

*nodding* I know who you're talking about, RedRum...I'd say she's spoilt -- but can't say anything because her Mum decided to let her have those piercings. I did ask her if she was sure if she wanted to let her daughter have her tongue done as I have one myself and she approached me in regards of how it was done and where I had it done, etc.

Me, personally...I think it'd be best if kids waited until they're at least over 16. My step daughter's only 14 and her Mum let her get her nose, belly button done...and now she wants her tongue pierced, but thankfully, her Mum refused until she's 18.

As for tattoo's -- I have 2 myself and they're not huge like some people's tatts. Tiny heart right on the web between my index finger and thumb...and a small unicorn on my right ankle. No one notices those until I've directed their attention to it or the topic comes up about tattoos and I show them.
I don't think kids under 18 should get tattoos at all until they're over 18, period.

as of last week on friday my daughter had her 2nd ear piereces (2 holes each ear) now.. she is almost 11 (will be 11 this October) she begged ad was behave great, helpin out etc.... so I decide to let her have one.. but nothing else more until she is over 16-18 depend on how she is..

now her behavior is back to "Argh" I have decide to take her priviledge away!

Wendy

Back