Children with body-pieces/tattoos

Well, I got a navel piercing when I was 25. My parents were not thrilled about it. LOL My brother was excited. Weird. Seven months later, it got infected and ripped off. I have a swiss hole scar. My dad said, "GOOD."

I planned to have my tongue pierced, but thanks to local dentist on local news. He warned that tongue piercing can damage teeth, so I decided not to do it. Thanks to him.

I still have earrings though.

Well, if my kid wants tattoos or body piercings, I will tell him or her to wait until age of 18. I will also tell him or her not to put anything on her or his face.

Sweet_KJ said:
****FYI, don't let your daughter wear dangling earrings up until she's at least off the playground. I got my ears pierced in 3rd grade, and I was wearing medium sized earrings and one of my so-called friends at that time literally ripped it out of my ear, so now one of my piercings hang lower than the other side -- which sucks since I now only wear small earrings and have to loosen the normal one (and risk losing it) or tighten the ruined piercing (and risk my lobes turning red/purplish!)****

Yes, school children only wear sleepers earnings for school, for safety rules. I will not allow my children to have any more until they are 18 otherwise my husband will kill me lol.

Malfoyish said:
If my daughter wants to pierce her ears...I will allow her to. It does mean that she would have to maintain the cleaning of her ears and keep track of the billion loose earrings she's likely to have all over the place.

Should she approach me asking to get a navel or nipple ring, or something rash like that, I will of course, tell her "absolutely not." But then when she stamps her feet and demands to know why, I'll sit her down and say, "Melissa...how many 20-something, 30-something year old women do you see with navel rings?" She'll have to think long and hard on that one...because I do believe (please do correct me if I am wrong) that most navel piercings are done by teenagers (17-19) and girls in their early twenties. MOst of them get infected or "annoying" and are removed.

So...What's the point? Wanna make a fashion statement? I'll loan you the money for a clip-on. You wanna pierce your nipples? Go ahead...do it when you're an adult. Just don't ever let me find out. LOL.

Malfoyish

Personally I was thinking about beating the lil shits to the punch...Getting out cattle brand that say "Tattoo goes here"

Yeah, piercing on the ear is fine.

Here in Germany, the children can´t have body-piercing or tattoo without
getting the permission from their parents. Super!
Accord to law, the tattoo & piercing shop are not allow to give the children
until they are 18 years old. The´s the same example with DVD, Video, CD of
horror, Action, Violence, Wrestling etc etc... I feel good when they can´t
sell my sons DVD like this without get the permission from me... lol

My work colleague allowed to let her 14 years old son to piercing on his
tongue at 2 years ago. Her husband is real mad with her for that.

Look like this.. What a disgusting face...

Attachments

• face1.JPG
    face1.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 43
I have pierced nipples. I'll show 'em to you Defee! Just kidding.. nothing pierced other than one set of holes for my ears *giggle* Don't worry!

I wouldn't let my kids get anything pierced except for their ears. No tattoos for 'em either until they're legal enough to make that decision for themselves. We can laugh about it together later on. Their bodies, their choices as soon as they are legal - according to Norwegian laws here.

I have a tattoo I got at 18, and I really love it. It's very well hidden in the back. :)

Liza said:
I have pierced nipples.
I have a tattoo I got at 18, and I really love it. It's very well hidden in the back. :)

wowowo how do your hubby suck or bite your nipples like this to hurt you ha ha?

which tattoo you have at your back? butterfly or rose?
I am still thinking about having little tattoo "rose" back of shoulder but I´m tooooo chicken......

Well, I have total 2 holes of both ears... one little diamond on my left of 2 front teeth... lol

Liebling:-))) said:
wowowo how do your hubby suck or bite your nipples like this to hurt you ha ha?

which tattoo you have at your back? butterfly or rose?
I am still thinking about having little tattoo "rose" back of shoulder but I´m tooooo chicken......

Well, I have total 2 holes of both ears... one little diamond on my left of 2 front teeth... lol

LOL Just kidding about the pierced nipples. I dont have 'em pierced... altho I did want that once upon a time.. but no thanks now!

I have three little scarlet red stars in the back :) I should get them recolored... the ink is kinda fading. lol diamond on your tooth... my sis in law and her daughter have the same thing.. i think, glued on, though...

Liza said:
LOL Just kidding about the pierced nipples. I dont have 'em pierced... altho I did want that once upon a time.. but no thanks now!

I have three little scarlet red stars in the back :) I should get them recolored... the ink is kinda fading. lol diamond on your tooth... my sis in law and her daughter have the same thing.. i think, glued on, though...

ha ha ha....... I also like to kidding you over that nipples... ha ha ha....
No, it´s not glued but special laser. You can´t glue it yourself but dentist do it for you with special laser.

So we know I have 5 piercings and 3 tattoos, right? Only 4 of my piercings are on my ear, the other is on my face. That shows I dont mind piercings or tattoos.

However, I would, like anyone else here, not allow my child to get any. If they say "but mom you have some!!" Thats where I get to become cool and say "i did everything after i turned 18." I got my first ear piercings when I was 8 but they got infected and closed. 10 years later I got them done again, it was a month after i turned 18. Six months later I got my labret (facial, a little lower than the lip) done. I thought about what I wanted for my tattoos, they have a special meaning for me. I can understand how children or teenagers want them, but the fact they want them just to "be cool" is really dumb. I got jealous of my friend's whose parents let them be pierced or tatted before they were 18, and then when I looked again, it was really dumb.

I think I would prolly take my kid (if they wanted) to get a tattoo or piercing ONLY when they are 18, kinda like a b-d present, you know? My best friend's mom let her get her tounge pierced, for her 18th birthday. Piercings are ok, they are removable, they heal with little scarring, but tattoos are forever, Im gonna let my kid know that.

nah, i don't let my child to have pierced body part or tattoo til they are out to college. if my child wants one, i will explain pros and cons and my experience too.

I used to consider them when i was young but thank god, I didn't do it. Having tattoo or pierced body parts means you follow others, not happy with what God gave you beautiful skin, eyes, lips etc.. be proud of yourself. Don't need anything to alter yourself. :)

I agree with you, GeorgiaDeaf!! If my son gets one, I am kicking his a$$ and my husband would "beat the hell out of him". :shock:

Well.... I'd let my son get piercings when he turns 16... just as long as he doesn't stretch the piercings or whatever.

Tattoos, he can get them when he turns 18... I just hope that if he does get a tattoo, he'd ask me or my husband about getting a tattoo...

We can't tell him, "No you can't get a tattoo ever!" because both my husband and I do have tattoos, and we plan on getting two more tats each....

Same thing with piercings.... I'd tell him to wait until he's 16. We can't tell him not to get piercings either, because my husband wants to get his eyebrow pierced, and both of us has had our tongues pierced.

Just as long as a tattoo that he gets means something important to him, or the piercings are "reasonable", I'm fine with it. If it's just an impluse tat like... oh, an girlfriend's name or a piercing "down there", I'd say no and please reconsider.

I am fifteen and I currently have 4 piercings, 2 stretchings, and 3 tattoos. Now, I know most of you think that underage tattooing is moronic, and same with most piercings, but hear me out first. My three tattoos that I have are a small cross on my nape with the date of my baptism on it, Austrailian stars with Canadian maple leafs on my ankle showing where I came from, and a pair of hands gripping eachother on my shoulderblade in memory of friends and family that have passed on. All of my tattoos mean a lot to me. And yeah, if I didn't get them now, I would've gotten them later. As for my piercings, three are in my ear (an industrial, and a conch) and I have my nostril pierced. I have those because I believe self expression can be an art used in a right way. And now about the stretchings.. My earlobes were originally pierced at an 18ga, and now, I have them stretched up to a 00ga (the smaller the number, the bigger the hole). I plan on getting more body modifications later, but, I believe that any modification should be a spiritual expierience, not for a trend. If you would like to know more about body modifications, please, go to http://www.bmezine.com, and hear your childrens point of view. Not all of them want to be like Eminem or Britney Spears.

Anyone who wants a tatoo or piercing can wait until legal age, and pay for it himself without a parent's help. If that person isn't mature or responsible enough to earn the money, then that same person certainly isn't mature or responsible enough to make such a permanent decision.

Obviously after a "child" turns age 18, a parent can't legally prohibit a tatoo or piercing. A parent certainly can deny permission for children under 18 years.

There is no way I would allow my child to get a tatoo or piercing.

WBHarley said:
as of last week on friday my daughter had her 2nd ear piereces (2 holes each ear) now.. she is almost 11 ...
Not yet even 11 years old?! :jaw:

Reba said:
Anyone who wants a tatoo or piercing can wait until legal age, and pay for it himself without a parent's help. ... There is no way I would allow my child to get a tatoo or piercing.

Myself, I paid for all my body modifications, my parents weren't too happy about my descision to get the piercings, but, they figured that if taken out, they almost always heal completely (as long as you take proper steps, IE: daily cleaning). As for the tattoos', I find the best tattoos are the ones that have true meaning to a person. Like, I know I can't change where my true blood and passion is from, and I want to honour the people who have made huge changes in my life. Aslo, my parents said if I want it bad enoguh, I can get it, just I'm going to have to deal with the outcome, and if I want them removed, I have to pay for, and sit through the painful process of laser removal. But anyways, nothing agianst your opinion, I completely understand your reasoning. but that's just mine.

Reba said:
Not yet even 11 years old?! :jaw:

She took care of it.. I made sure she knows what kind of earrings that I allows.. these any large loops one I don't approve small loops.. that's fine with me..
Altho she's 11 1/2 yrs old now.. will be 12 this Oct.. as long she follows my rules, and has my permission on earrings.. last week she beg for large loops I said no.. not till shes over 15..

Wendy

AzerPhyre said:
I want to honour the people who have made huge changes in my life.
You couldn't think of a better way to honor them?

Back