Poor my foster dog

horselover61

Reaction score
Hi

My poor foster dog, Max. He just came in the house with the damage eye in the right. I dont know what happened. I will take him to the vet tmw. What should I do in the mean time??

Here is pix of Max.

It looks bad, take him to the vet NOW. See if there is a 24 hour emergency vet clinic in your area.

Oh my goodness. I agree with LD. It's definitely an emergency. If I were you, I would take that dog to the emergency now. Keep us posted

I would take him ER now.. because dont want more farther damage.. and infections..
if you go now, you have more chance to save eye.. and him too..

If you dont have transportation, call animal control for help to give you transportation plus they can investiage whats wrong, maybe its crime.. who knows.. if dog attack.. they can get owner and dog proscetion.. sp?..

I am sorry about it

Oh wait!!.. You said you foster the dog..
what organization did you volunteer to foster the dog?

if orgnizations.. CALL them NOW... they will come and help..
if your own or a friend.. send ER.. :)

DoofusMama said:
Oh wait!!.. You said you foster the dog..
what organization did you volunteer to foster the dog?

if orgnizations.. CALL them NOW... they will come and help..
if your own or a friend.. send ER.. :)

It is Pomposse.com

I just send her email and waiting to hear from her. She never answer the call.

Pomeranian said:
It is Pomposse.com

I just send her email and waiting to hear from her. She never answer the call.

call is the best not email.. because.. people dont get on computer 24/7.. I am sure they will ok'ed you bring dog in ER..
cuz it looks bad.. espically that small size of dog..

Pomeranian ... I just saw Pomposse.com. Very Interesting. You have a good heart. In meantime, can you call Emergency Vets and explain that you are fostering dog and see if they can help you or at least go over there. Do your best as you can.

Call Vet911! Call Vet911! Call Vet911!!

I suggest to take Annie's advice to call the organizations and then call the 24 hours vet and take him to there for emergency!!

Also your regular vet clinic should have a vet on call for emergencies. Check and see if there is a number for that too. That number is what you would call afterhours...it may be a pager but the vet should call you back.

Pomeranian said:
Hi

My poor foster dog, Max. He just came in the house with the damage eye in the right. I dont know what happened. I will take him to the vet tmw. What should I do in the mean time??

Here is pix of Max.

I am aware that you live in Mass right? If yes - Where do you live? If live near Boston area ... Best to go to VCA hospital, Weymouth (the best reputation compare to the Angell Memorial Hospital, Boston) - the 24 hours emergency. This is where I work! An Infected eye is very painful. Keep me posted. If not heard from the foster agency .. just go anyway. It will be taken care of later on. It is a very high chance the eye will be removed. It looks very bad.

You mentioned earlier that it takes 1 1/2 hour for you to drive to Boston from your home (re: Big Dig collasped) Pretty too far to come out here huh?

Last edited:
Pomeranian said:
Hi

Here is pix of Max.

*click the picture* oh yikes it give me goosebump and look bad eye so better take your dog to vet NOW! before goes bad :-S

I think she took the dog to the vet right now because that is an emergency !!! and she is not waiting until Monday and the dog is at the vet center now so say a prayer for the dog and for her too.

THE POOR THING. I HOPE EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY. LET US KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE HOW'S EVERYTHING WENT. :tears:

Took him to the vet. He is either gotta lose his eyes or put him down. I am waiting to hear from the Pomposse.com.

I am frightening and waiting to hear from Loushell who is the owner of the pomposse.

I tried to call her but left answering machine. I hate that machine.

So I did send her email with the information what she want to be done for that poor dog. The vet said that he may have been attacked by other dog which the owner of the dog never let me know about it. That :pissed: me off. That owner should be responsible for what happened to that dog.

Pomeranian said:
Took him to the vet. He is either gotta lose his eyes or put him down. I am waiting to hear from the Pomposse.com.

I am frightening and waiting to hear from Loushell who is the owner of the pomposse.

I tried to call her but left answering machine. I hate that machine.

So I did send her email with the information what she want to be done for that poor dog. The vet said that he may have been attacked by other dog which the owner of the dog never let me know about it. That :pissed: me off. That owner should be responsible for what happened to that dog.

Both eyes?? Or just one? I hope that dog is not going to be put down. He deserves to have an happy life with one eye. I understand it costs $$$$!

Back