What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned today that I actually still remember the full ASL alphabet that I was taught as a young child from a friend. At least that's one step to check off in my journey to learning the language. :)

That the burst pipe in the basement did more damage than was estimated, and I won't have my shower back until the end of the day tomorrow. That irks me greatly. However, they do have a 72-hour time frame to get repairs done, but the problem is that it's already exceeded 24, so now I need to consult with someone about that, as City law mandates it be fixed within 24 hours, and it's already past 36.

Hmm. Says that I don't have much of a case if they're making an effort to fix the problem within the 72-hour time frame, which they are, so there goes that. However..... there's still two others I can make a case on-- the bug problem and the CO2/Fire Alarm requirements mandated by law. Turns out that getting a visible CO2/Fire Alarm is a Federal AND State law, and since my unit has neither, that's gonna be a sticky point for them, since they were the ones who asked me to look into that back in September.

Hope they get that pipe fixed,.....and soon, like today! Good luck on that.

Hope they get that pipe fixed,.....and soon, like today! Good luck on that.
They'd better get it fixed today. They have until tomorrow morning @ 4 AM before the 72 hours expire. If it's not fixed by then, I can then use the laws I know about to resolve the situation.

I just learned that my rental apartment broke a City law by renting a unit to me with a bedbug problem, which they weren't supposed to do. Now I have the firepower I need.

I just learned that my rental apartment broke a City law by renting a unit to me with a bedbug problem, which they weren't supposed to do. Now I have the firepower I need.

I told ya I bet your landlord does not care about breaking the law, you should do a research on him and see if you can find anymore dirt on him. That would rally help your case. See if the health department have cited him for any other housing codes .

I told ya I bet your landlord does not care about breaking the law, you should do a research on him and see if you can find anymore dirt on him. That would rally help your case. See if the health department have cited him for any other housing codes .

:hmm: Know any PI's I can hire? :lol: They're screwed, that much is a given.

I just talked to one of my fellow Council members about my present situation, and she tells me that they may have to reimburse me for new furniture (Not an option, but sheets, maybe?) and possibly move me to a new unit within the building, also not an option. The only one on the table is either breaking the lease and/or moving out, and we're going to work on that sooner rather than later.

I learned that my college's website is back online so I can continue my school work. Hooray! :)

JACKPOT. They have a LONG list of failed inspections/building violations, the most recent one being just last month. Furthermore, several of the violations I'm looking at now are still there. That does not help them whatsoever, and gives me more ammo I can use.

JACKPOT. They have a LONG list of failed inspections/building violations, the most recent one being just last month. Furthermore, several of the violations I'm looking at now are still there. That does not help them whatsoever, and gives me more ammo I can use.

Can you made printouts of this ? You have by him by the you know what . :giggle: I knew the guy was is bad news , I better be careful that my computer does not get any cockroaches in it.

Can you made printouts of this ? You have by him by the you know what . :giggle: I knew the guy was is bad news , I better be careful that my computer does not get any cockroaches in it.

I'm gonna try. Not gonna be easy, but I can find a way to print the violations, several of which are still unresolved. That means this place could be considered a safety hazard. And I can't show ADers without revealing my location.

learned that I have one cousin vacationing Italy and another in Peru. Damn..I am green with envy for my cousins who get to travel so much.

That pretzels exist that have peanut butter in them. Nom nom nom !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back