What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he have medical insurance?

He's supposed to. Semi drivers can't drive without those. Not sure what kind he has, if any.

If I were able to, I could set up some sort of medical funding to help them, and as for visiting them, that would be nice, but like my stepmom said, he's unabld to do a lot right now, and given that he's been in and out of the hospital, pretty sure their bills are sky-high, which is why I wanna do something, but not sure HOW. They live in a country portion of Illinois, and the nearest major city is Springfield, IL,160 miles northwest of there. There's too much unpredictability right now to even try.

http://www.gofundme.com/

He's supposed to. Semi drivers can't drive without those. Not sure what kind he has, if any.
If he has good insurance, maybe the bills won't be so bad. That is rough about him not being to work, though. Maybe he can get some kind of compensation for that. Is he an independent trucker or does he work for a trucking company?

Learned on FB that my aunt who is ill with brain cancer flew in style in a privately owned jet from Phx to Atlanta with my other aunt and her daughter. Was nice to see that big smile on her face inside the luxurious jet. At first I thought it was my cousin's jet but learned that it was a friend of my other aunt who loaned them her jet as a treat. Awwwww

If he has good insurance, maybe the bills won't be so bad. That is rough about him not being to work, though. Maybe he can get some kind of compensation for that. Is he an independent trucker or does he work for a trucking company?

Trucking company. He's one of their most reliable workers, and he's been driving for nearly 25 years, and the trucking company is in Broadview, IL, just south of Chicago. And the last I heard, they still had bills over $1,000 that they owed, and that's more than likely increased tenfold.

Learned on FB that my aunt who is ill with brain cancer flew in style in a privately owned jet from Phx to Atlanta with my other aunt and her daughter. Was nice to see that big smile on her face inside the luxurious jet. At first I thought it was my cousin's jet but learned that it was a friend of my other aunt who loaned them her jet as a treat. Awwwww

Wow, so nice to know people with private jets, lucky! wish I did, I absolutely despise flying commercial airlines.

I just found out my Dad has had a light stroke, and he can no longer drive his semi truck. My stepmom tells me he's been in and out of the hospital the last month, and they are having it very rough.

Iam sorry and hope he gets well soon!

Wow, so nice to know people with private jets, lucky! wish I did, I absolutely despise flying commercial airlines.

My cousin from my dad's side owns one so I thought it was his plane at first. I never flew in his plane. It is a Lear Jet.

Also, my uncle from my mom's side owns one too but a single engine Cessena. He invited me to fly with him one time and I refused. I was too scared because it was such a tiny plane.

Anyways, I think it was an one time thing for my aunts as gas costs are so high to fly that far.

Hopefully that will be the only kink in the works with the new house and everything else will be good. Seems like something comes up when its something new I even saw a new mobile home missing the toilet tank cover once lol How are the kitties settling in?

After a few days now we haven't found any other issues other than what a little mudding and paint can do. The kitties have been freaked out, far more than I thought they would be. They're still kind of hiding. I think a few more days they'll be fine. Thanks for asking!

Trucking company. He's one of their most reliable workers, and he's been driving for nearly 25 years, and the trucking company is in Broadview, IL, just south of Chicago. And the last I heard, they still had bills over $1,000 that they owed, and that's more than likely increased tenfold.
I hope things work out for them, and that he has a full recovery.

My cousin from my dad's side owns one so I thought it was his plane at first. I never flew in his plane. It is a Lear Jet.

Also, my uncle from my mom's side owns one too but a single engine Cessena. He invited me to fly with him one time and I refused. I was too scared because it was such a tiny plane.

Anyways, I think it was an one time thing for my aunts as gas costs are so high to fly that far.

I know what you mean about the small planes, I won't fly in them. My daughter isn't too happy with me about that as she has her small plane pilot license. Just can't bring myself to go up with her.

I hope things work out for them, and that he has a full recovery.

Yeah, not so sure about that. Last time he was in a hospital, his truck hit a patch of ice in Iowa, and destroyed his truck's fuel tanks, and split his head wide open. Because of that, he now has to have reading glasses to read. I'm not sure what kind of shape he's in, but by the sounds of it, not great.

I just found out my Dad has had a light stroke, and he can no longer drive his semi truck. My stepmom tells me he's been in and out of the hospital the last month, and they are having it very rough.

I am sorry to hear this , will you be able to go see him?

I am sorry to hear this , will you be able to go see him?

If I could drive, yes. That's one of my pet peeves in a family situation-- not being able to drive. :| It is for safety reasons that I can't, so there's that.

I'm pretty sure I know what caused it, and it's not an infection. I think that being around an idle Metra locomotive a few too many times may have done it. That, and being around train horns, as well. Both of these more than likely did my hearing in.
I would still go have it checked out-- could be a build up of wax in there too that's blocking your hearing. Would be better to have a definitive yes or no from a medical professional rather than guesswork on your part even if you do think you know what caused it.

If I could drive, yes. That's one of my pet peeves in a family situation-- not being able to drive. :| It is for safety reasons that I can't, so there's that.
Is there a bus or train? What about your brother or some other relative? Could you get a ride with one of them?

Is there a bus or train? What about your brother or some other relative? Could you get a ride with one of them?

Train, yes. Relatives willing to drive 45 minutes to Effingham to pick me up? Not so much. And my brother and I haven't spoken to each other in nearly 15 years, since he dissed my Dad a long time ago.

Train, yes. Relatives willing to drive 45 minutes to Effingham to pick me up? Not so much. And my brother and I haven't spoken to each other in nearly 15 years, since he dissed my Dad a long time ago.
I'm sorry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back