Deaf Protest, Washington, DC., Sept. 6-9

I get the feeling there's gonna be 500 people there.....

I bet there are no one to show up but Charlton.

maxresdefault.jpg

More and more protesters are backing out now. :lol:

And most politicians would be out of DMV (DC, MD, VA area) area on their vacation so they won't hear a thing about the protest.

It really shows very poor planning, I wouldn't plan a protest when everybody leaves the town.

And most politicians would be out of DMV (DC, MD, VA area) area on their vacation so they won't hear a thing about the protest.

It really shows very poor planning, I wouldn't plan a protest when everybody leaves the town.

Also, I think this is an appropriate time to say he have a really poor plan with the deaf protest considering he was begging for some people to give him the money to travel from his home place in Florida to Washington DC. He also expect someone that live in Washington DC to provide him the room to stay for two nights because he can't afford to rent a hotel.

-shaking my head really hard- He 'planned' this protest yet he can't even afford to travel and stay at a cheap hotel so he had to resort to begging the so-called deaf community for some 'donations'. He's really lacking in sense of responsibility which is one of the many reasons why he make a horrible deaf leader. He was claiming that he's the first ADA leader and that we all should be 'thanking' him for helping us, LOL!

I had wondered if any of the Deaf organizations/groups supported or even knew about the protest along with businesses like Sorenson, ZVRS, Purple etc... not a peep out of them.

This group says it knows there won't be a lot of politicos there; they say they are just going to make noise and attract the media and that this is the first of many protests to come and they expect that, along the way, they will become more sophisticated, have some political supporters, some money, etc. They say that since the smart defies have failed to represent them for over 100 years, that they can't do worse so......

I had wondered if any of the Deaf organizations/groups supported or even knew about the protest along with businesses like Sorenson, ZVRS, Purple etc... not a peep out of them.

I think they are just hanging in the background, secretly hoping some good will come of this...after all, it is quite different than anything I've ever seen.....stranger things have happened......it is a foregone conclusion that this protest will happen so I am trying to see the good in it.......they need to behave, though....

I think they are just hanging in the background, secretly hoping some good will come of this...after all, it is quite different than anything I've ever seen.....stranger things have happened......it is a foregone conclusion that this protest will happen so I am trying to see the good in it.......they need to behave, though....

Yeah, Tousi...Hoping they don't get "rowdy"...and don't forget their umbrellas.....Can't bring chairs or back packs either....guessing some will be sticking bananas & water bottles into their undies....got a weak bladder?...don't forget ur Depends.....:giggle:

Yes, without work experience or skills can be very dangerous and risky.

You guys. That's not what I mean. :|

I had some experiences and my previous jobs were not that dangerous. I can't see how being a hotel cleaner, for explain, can have high risks?? Cooking food or washing dishes shouldn't that difficult task.

I'm pretty sure that some employees do have experiences but they have a hard time to find a job that leads to have more time on hunting. That will effect on their resumes so bad, especially mine...

Just watched a video of this guy...(forgot to remember his name) but seems he is responsible for the $$ that is donated....He had on a very nice looking expensive gold chain and diamond rings on his fingers (3 or 4 to be exact)....asking for more donations...and telling deafies to look for aluminum cans....even look for $$ on the ground...and send it in.....:eek3: :shock:

Well....I posted that he did have a very nice gold chain and diamond rings....why not pawn them to donate?....*never got a response*

Here is what one commenter posted.....

"Rather than protest in Washington in front of people who don't understand our issues and can't do anything about them anyway, we should be protesting in front of deaf schools that spend more than a million dollars each to educate deaf students and yet teach them few employable skills.

Deaf schools should be constantly asking the kids, "What are you going to do to support yourself when you leave here? What are you going to do here to achieve that goal?" But if the schools don't have the programs to teach real job skills that are in demand, what are the students to do?

The NAD could have a program called "REAL JOBS" that identifies work that "makes sense" for deaf people and then pushes the programming necessary for them to acquire those skills. Think: plumbing, electrician, landscaper, beautician, accountant, culinary, etc. etc. Jobs that need knowledge of skills but not necessarily a college degree. NTID and Gally reach the "elite," now let's focus on the next level -- vocational jobs for the masses of deaf people."

IMO....this is a truly truthful and wonderful response....agree whole-heartedly with it.

NAD will participate with protest. :hmm:
If the protest is not all about labor, and NAD will back out immediately.

I am a little surprised that NAD will send a representative there considering all they know is the date and a 'general idea' of what the protest is about and "no idea about any other information".

:hmm:

I am interested to see this resource site they are working on though.

+1 to what RR posted above also.

I am a little surprised that NAD will send a representative there considering all they know is the date and a 'general idea' of what the protest is about and "no idea about any other information".

:hmm:

I am interested to see this resource site they are working on though.

+1 to what RR posted above also.

They are sending the CEO, no less......

They are sending the CEO, no less......
Interesting.....
Well chariiton is a young man...may this all be a learning experience for him, in organizingand all that.....
I hope its huge...
But i know the world as such....so...
Wish the protest the best.....

Looks like they are going in right direction, hmmm Hope this turns out to be positive movement.

Why comparing apples with oranges?

This thread have NOTHING to do with the rebel flag.

There have been protests in the past where they don't expect much to show up only to find out very crowd protests.

I personally would hopefully that this is going to be a major positive turn around.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/31/rally-alabama-secession/71452364/

Secession movement expected 300 people to come but only 30 people show up so it means not all of 800 will show up to deaf protest.

Be prepare what I am going to say about rebel flag in that tread over there...

Back