Deaf Protest, Washington, DC., Sept. 6-9

I came across this-
(Only in ASL- no voice-over, nor text/transcript or captions (which doesn't help the deafblind...).

http://www.deafvideo.tv/405504

Seems to me all this guy does is rant really... no real info on the protest itself... just a personal opinion and giant rant about what others are saying and about the ADA. Don't know if this guy is associated with Charlton or not.

I'd leave a comment but you have to sign in to leave one. :P

(loved the last video comment though-- he was not impressed this guy called himself "Dr".)

Oh, that's Wesley Arey and he has had nothing to do with this Charlton. Wesley is just a comedian who is a painter by trade.....the Dr came in after over a year of showing audiences how to paint........for the protest, he's saying he is representing the grassroots and has invented a weird looking sign for grassroots...lol, just a clown who can help make noise at the protest and let others take care of dealing with politicians if they get that far.....

Charlton Edward Lachase

HELLO EVERYONE DEAF, DEAF/BLIND, AND HARD OF HEARING

FOCUS 3 WORDS

PIGGY THEORY
SLEEPY THEORY
CRABBY THEORY

WE MUST STOP THESE THEORIES.

WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP

PLEASE YOU FOCUS THE DEAF PROTEST AND SUPPORT OUR DEAF FAMILIAR TOO

DEAF PROTEST
SEPTEMBER 5-6, 2015
10AM-4PM
ELLIPSE PARK
SAT-SUN

SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE

Piggy Theory? Sleepy Theory?

I've heard of the "crabby" aka Crab Theory but not the other two.

second technically there isn't an "Ellipse Park"- it's only called the Ellipse and is within President's Park.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ellipse

Hope people don't get lost...

Rockin'robin - Ah, yeah, he made a vlog to try and explain about those three theory... To be honest... They don't even have anything to do with the deaf protest and they're only just trying to belittle the grassroots. :giggle:

10or4lj.jpg

They set their own Facebook page called "DEAF PROTEST" and I've seen some of those posts/vlogs and it killed some of my brain cells.... Oh my god... Stupidity begets stupidity.

I'm not going to deaf protest due to tight money and don't want to overspend with my credit card.

As unable to drive, it means I have to pay for cab or shuttle to airport and pay round trip to fly to DC, also pay for food and hotel stay.

Motel is cheaper but bed mattress is very HARD like table.

Not worth...

Charlton Edward Lachase

HELLO EVERYONE DEAF, DEAF/BLIND, AND HARD OF HEARING

FOCUS 3 SENTENCES

$15 MINIMUM WAGE
WE DON'T HAVE TO WORK
GIVE US FREE HOUSES AND MEDICAL CARE

WE MUST FOLLOW THESE ABOVE.

WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP

PLEASE YOU FOCUS THE DEAF PROTEST AND SUPPORT OUR DEAF FAMILIAR TOO

DEAF PROTEST
SEPTEMBER 5-6, 2015
10AM-4PM
ELLIPSE PARK
SAT-SUN

SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE

Just fixed it.

Oh my...

I'm not going to deaf protest due to tight money and don't want to overspend with my credit card.

As unable to drive, it means I have to pay for cab or shuttle to airport and pay round trip to fly to DC, also pay for food and hotel stay.

Motel is cheaper but bed mattress is very HARD like table.

Not worth...

If you go, and you were happen to meet someone you love, and then it is all worth it, right? :lol:

If you go, and you were happen to meet someone you love, and then it is all worth it, right? :lol:

In my experience, most deaf people are ignorant and brainwashed so not worth for me.

Deaf Protest in DC by Charlton - must be a lot of low function people. :ugh:

Who knows.. I won't go so far to say that they're low functioning... gullible maybe.

As for Mr Dreyer up in that FB post-- he generalizes way too much. I'm sure there are many deaf people who actually y'know..WORK and can't take time off to go to this protest. There's little to no information about it so I would not be surprised if people would not take time off for a protest they know very little about. I don't know what the percentage of SSDI/SSI people who don't "want to get off" of SSDI/SSI is but I can tell you that some DO need it and can't outright work or travel (as their SSI/SSDI amount is such a small amount it's barely enough for rent/food). There are a few who WANT to go back to work (or find work)... Going to a protest takes time away from that task (and again... too little information).

If there was an organized protest that I knew about well in advance sure I'd consider going- or if I were still in/around DC area sure I'd still go.

It just feels all kinds of wrong to me I don't know why. The idea/reasoning behind it is fine but the rest of it is what bothers me.

Who knows.. I won't go so far to say that they're low functioning... gullible maybe.

As for Mr Dreyer up in that FB post-- he generalizes way too much. I'm sure there are many deaf people who actually y'know..WORK and can't take time off to go to this protest. There's little to no information about it so I would not be surprised if people would not take time off for a protest they know very little about. I don't know what the percentage of SSDI/SSI people who don't "want to get off" of SSDI/SSI is but I can tell you that some DO need it and can't outright work or travel (as their SSI/SSDI amount is such a small amount it's barely enough for rent/food). There are a few who WANT to go back to work (or find work)... Going to a protest takes time away from that task (and again... too little information).

If there was an organized protest that I knew about well in advance sure I'd consider going- or if I were still in/around DC area sure I'd still go.

It just feels all kinds of wrong to me I don't know why. The idea/reasoning behind it is fine but the rest of it is what bothers me.

Yeah.

I also noticed most jobs WANT people to have more experiences. Most jobs won't hire people if they have less than 6 months of job experiences. :(

Yeah.

I also noticed most jobs WANT people to have more experiences. Most jobs won't hire people if they have less than 6 months of job experiences. :(
They won't hire you either if you don't have "recent enough" experience either. I have many years experience yet the gaps in my history is more important to them than what I know.

They won't hire you either if you don't have "recent enough" experience either. I have many years experience yet the gaps in my history is more important to them than what I know.
Yeah. :|

I feel that they won't give a try or chance for new employees.

Yeah. :|

I feel that they won't give a try or chance for new employees.
A lot of times it's true.. they will tend to stay "in-house" and hire from within. Their logic is to save on training costs, orientation and all that. I've seen it both ways and have gotten chances where they'd hire me where I'd likely have to learn how they do things.

A lot of times it's true.. they will tend to stay "in-house" and hire from within. Their logic is to save on training costs, orientation and all that. I've seen it both ways and have gotten chances where they'd hire me where I'd likely have to learn how they do things.

Some community colleges do offer "refresher courses"....not sure if employers offer that tho'....

As for hiring Felons, the new Courthouse in my City, the Construction Company hired Felons, many without experience....they got jobs thru their "friends" working there...But the down side of that...is my City had to turn around and sue the Construction Company for "shoddy" work...roof leaking and many problems...ongoing for a few years.

Feel workshops would benefit deafies....training for jobs...

Something some guy made several days ago, thought you guys might would get a kick out of it!

dcvamg.jpg

Sad thing is that it's pretty accurate too about why he's doing the dad protest.

Oh and I also feel bad about the deaf protest because turns out we have this as well!

2cpc8rm.jpg

Some community colleges do offer "refresher courses"....not sure if employers offer that tho'....

As for hiring Felons, the new Courthouse in my City, the Construction Company hired Felons, many without experience....they got jobs thru their "friends" working there...But the down side of that...is my City had to turn around and sue the Construction Company for "shoddy" work...roof leaking and many problems...ongoing for a few years.

Feel workshops would benefit deafies....training for jobs...

Yes, without work experience or skills can be very dangerous and risky.

Something some guy made several days ago, thought you guys might would get a kick out of it!

dcvamg.jpg

Sad thing is that it's pretty accurate too about why he's doing the dad protest.

Oh and I also feel bad about the deaf protest because turns out we have this as well!

2cpc8rm.jpg

I'm pro-confederate so no surprise about deaf protest and pro-confederate compete around others. :lol:

It looks like deaf protest and pro-confederate protest are about 1.4 mile apart.

It looks like deaf protest and pro-confederate protest are about 1.4 mile apart.

Bet it's gonna be very LOUD with 2 Protests on the same day...wondering if the White House has sound proofed walls?....:giggle:

Back