Deaf Protest, Washington, DC., Sept. 6-9

So.... Obama isn't here, because he is in Alaska. Won't that help?

What I see... lot of deaf work for government and yet, complain. I felt, it's their attitude who being ass to someone who reject for the job. I know it can be fact but we don't know the fact if HR decide against their personal or think it's awkward or whatever.

To me, I think it's bad move to move for protest.

So.... Obama isn't here, because he is in Alaska. Won't that help?

What I see... lot of deaf work for government and yet, complain. I felt, it's their attitude who being ass to someone who reject for the job. I know it can be fact but we don't know the fact if HR decide against their personal or think it's awkward or whatever.

Its too late now for suggestions, etc, etc....

Not really, it could be bad start. Its already set and planned. Remember, mistakes can lead to huge rewards.

Just like MLK did back in 60's he started with small, and over time it gets grow and grow more to the point where more people got their attention. Getting everybody's attention overnight is kinda impossible task for anyone.

give a chance, hold your doubts because it COULD help you, or your friends.

Deaf Lives matters!

Obama is just one person, he does not have absolute power. Even if he is there and noticed and asked congress where they never heard of may likely discount Obama credit, so forget just one person. The more politicians heard, the better it comes out.

I have this gut feeling that they should not use the slogan, "Deaf Lives Matter"....there are so many slogans that can be made up/apply to the deaf

http://deafnation.com/nobarriers/deaf-protest-preparation-day/

ASL only, no captions.

Looks like DeafNation will be covering it. And Charles is there so looks like he was able to get together some funding.

The sad thing is... The owner of DeafNation fell for their trick which led him to think the deaf protest was set as a purpose to help the jobs, educations, and ADA. The only reason the deaf protest was set because Charlton came in some fast food restaurant, demanding a 'deaf' discount for the food but the workers rejected him so he went and set up the deaf protest just for his own selfish gains. :giggle: If you went to look at the videos that is related to deaf protest, you'll notice lot of comments from the deaf people asking what was going on. Like some people said, the poor communication, bad organization, and the lack of patience will be their biggest fall in deaf protest.

I have this gut feeling that they should not use the slogan, "Deaf Lives Matter"....there are so many slogans that can be made up/apply to the deaf

Agreed with you, I know a few friends who are black and they felt really appalled that the deaf protest stole the one of the famous black slogans and turned it into a deaf slogan.

Not intended to be offending, it was intended as if it applies to all walks of Deaf, from poor to rich, from healthy to screwed up, straight or crooked.

Can you prove it? Are you thinking Chariton is the only person dealing with problems? I can bet you my arse that there are plenty others like chariton dealing with daily battles. The problems that Deaf faced on daily basis may be far worse than you think it might be.

I would WAIT and see how it comes and what they have to show, time will tell. If we refuse the patience, then we could be dead sucker losers after all do we want that, eh? Impatience is truly hallmark of screw ups.

Chariton could have done for himself, but really... you know nature takes care of it because it ends up shared, shared, shared so many times, how come its just for himself? You see, the more he had it shared it proves that theres people out there knowing for real that there is issues for Deaf with jobs, if there really isn't many Deafies having issues, there won't be much of sharing, and this would have been unheard of, right?

The sad thing is... The owner of DeafNation fell for their trick which led him to think the deaf protest was set as a purpose to help the jobs, educations, and ADA. The only reason the deaf protest was set because Charlton came in some fast food restaurant, demanding a 'deaf' discount for the food but the workers rejected him so he went and set up the deaf protest just for his own selfish gains. :giggle: If you went to look at the videos that is related to deaf protest, you'll notice lot of comments from the deaf people asking what was going on. Like some people said, the poor communication, bad organization, and the lack of patience will be their biggest fall in deaf protest.

Agreed with you, I know a few friends who are black and they felt really appalled that the deaf protest stole the one of the famous black slogans and turned it into a deaf slogan.

Can you prove it? Are you thinking Chariton is the only person dealing with problems? I can bet you my arse that there are plenty others like chariton dealing with daily battles. The problems that Deaf faced on daily basis may be far worse than you think it might be.

I would WAIT and see how it comes and what they have to show, time will tell. If we refuse the patience, then we could be dead sucker losers after all do we want that, eh? Impatience is truly hallmark of screw ups.

Chariton could have done for himself, but really... you know nature takes care of it because it ends up shared, shared, shared so many times, how come its just for himself? You see, the more he had it shared it proves that theres people out there knowing for real that there is issues for Deaf with jobs, if there really isn't many Deafies having issues, there won't be much of sharing, and this would have been unheard of, right?

Yes, I understand that, however... People have to keep on fighting for the rights just like what they did for women, black, and LGBT. You can't just expect everything to work out smoothly for you after the first time.

Yes, some people do deal with the problems daily, and it apply for some deaf people too but it's not as bad as Charlton make it out to be. I suggest you read the whole thread and you'll see why there's some things that is wrong with the current deaf protest going on.

The protest itself is fine and I support it for a good cause but I don't support their missions/goals which is to basically have themselves get the special treatments just because they're 'deaf'. They need to learn the difference between the rights, and the privilege. Just because a job didn't hire you doesn't always mean they're discriminating you due to your inability to hear. Hearing people have the same frustration about jobs as well and they don't get hired often. They need to learn that getting the job is not a right but more of a privilege. If you want to get the job,you have to earn it.

Not intended to be offending, it was intended as if it applies to all walks of Deaf, from poor to rich, from healthy to screwed up, straight or crooked.

It is naturally true that ALL lives matter but it wouldn't be respectful to take another group's slogan and use it?...

Last edited:
What bothers me,is the utter lack of an idea we Deaf should really take a look at....SOLIDARITY.
Rather then bitch about the protest, or go out of your way to stop people going for what ever pet reasosn.....solidarity should be the norm, not what looks to me to be preety well, low brow high school ckick back bitting, amongst people, rather then issue statements that state do not go, instead concept called solidarity is more a positive approach..going to this protest doesnt negate going to any other, it doesnt negate protesting at Deaf schools, its not an either or...
The utter contempt for solidirity is alarming, its also clear and makes sense..
No wonder we are getting assimilated faster then we can sign no! No wonder we havnt stood a chance against those who want to rid the world of people like us..
If this thread is anything go by...our ability in understanding and organizing politically is close to grade school...
This guy is at least organizing...
The rest who bitch at home, issuing face book statements of dont go, should learn an interesting idea....
SOLIDARITY
Instead
Its like the cheapest reality tv.ooooohhhh hes a felon.....shhhhhh ohhhhhh dont go...
(Shakes head)
Yes, that's what she also said in her vlog.

http://www.deafvideo.tv/413541

Watch her sign for Solidarity between 1:49-1:50. ;)

It is naturally true that ALL lives matter but it wouldn't be respectful to take another group's slogan and use it...

maybe, or maybe it would even better, sharing makes community stronger, if we wish respect black, and leave motto to them, both of us won't get much of anything, but if we add ourselves sharing same kind of pain that other group endured, its a way that we are NOT alone dealing with issues, sharing shows equality... no sharing, then its dividing.

You have to hire lobbyists to make the congress to listen.

I don't have any passionate about the congress - they don't listen to you and us, except for important person from corporation with tons of money.

Fixed it for ya. :cool2:

Back