Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
A HAZZARD FUNDRAISER FOR THE HURLEY HIGH REBELS ON OCTOBER 2nd

The national USA Today story about the school spirit at Hurley High School in Buchanan County, Virginia has produced a groundswell of support for that community and their tradition of displaying the Confederate Battle Flag as their school symbol. Their forthright and unapologetic defense of that tradition has set a clear standard for common sense and heartland values in battling the radical cultural cleansing that is sweeping through America. They are supporting us, so let’s support them.

At 7 p.m. on October 2nd, Hazzard County will go to Buchanan County for an old fashioned fundraiser for the Hurley High School Rebels. I’ll be there with Cooter's Garage Band and the General Lee to help raise money for Hurley High’s athletic and educational programs.

It is clear by the language of the USA Today writer that he doesn’t understand the people and the values of the Appalachian South. He calls respect for the Battle Flag “the party line”, and mocks the County as if its citizens are not aware of national politics and different viewpoints. But the people of Buchanan County come across as folks who know the value of community and traditional values. They have “done us all proud.”

As October 2nd gets closer, we’ll be posting more details about the fundraiser and the concert. This will be an opportunity for those of you who live within a few hours of Buchanan County to join in for a good cause. It is also a way of saying “thank you” to a group of real “stand up” citizens. Buchanan borders Kentucky and West Virginia and is in the heart of some beautiful mountains. And it isn’t too far from Hazard, Kentucky!

It will be a great time to fly our Rebel flags with pride.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1481669115487656/

At Virginia's Hurley High School, the Confederate battle flag is everywhere and means everything.

Recently came upon a posting... I do not think people realize that it is old, Jun 10, 2014... but it is interesting how quickly views change when people want to spin something... I do not mean to restart anything... but in June of 2014 South Carolina even admitting that the Confederat flag was heritage and protected under the heritage act...
So, i am curious and a bit embarrassed to not know since y'all are so close... what is the SC actual stand on this? I know government buildings and offices... but was the heritage age revoked?
Article in question: http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...lag-at-citadel-ok-ag-says#.Vdo9-pRX25s.mailto

You don't realize the racist/slavery been exist before Confederate. They just doing for civil right what people want. It's about civil legal. Confederate just afraid of change while US (union) probably the first change civil in history. Unless anyone can point me wrong.

Confederate states afraid of change because US set slavery free. Slavery wanna to leave Confederate State behind. Slavery tired of Confederate use them in bad way. Confederate don't wanna slavery have their Civil Right. They don't wanna slavery to vote. What if Slavery wanna vote Freedom. Confederate don't wanna them be freedom. IF Confederate State own this country, THEN you won't see me Typing on Internet and reply you. My ass be at slavemaster's backyard picking cottons.

I feel the flag is part of my heritage because my ancestors fought and died under that flag. Where they flawed men? Yes but we all are. We shouldn't erase our heritage because it wasn't perfect. In fact we should remeber it and strive to be better. I don't have a racist bone in my body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confederate states afraid of change because US set slavery free. Slavery wanna to leave Confederate State behind. Slavery tired of Confederate use them in bad way. Confederate don't wanna slavery have their Civil Right. They don't wanna slavery to vote. What if Slavery wanna vote Freedom. Confederate don't wanna them be freedom. IF Confederate State own this country, THEN you won't see me Typing on Internet and reply you. My ass be at slavemaster's backyard picking cottons.

I think you should support to ban USA flag. USA has a plenty of nasty histories, so...

I think you should support to ban USA flag. USA has a plenty of nasty histories, so...
Oh, you are still obsessed with our country flag. Don't you see that even in Rodney King's case, the cops who were wrongly abusing him were found guilty under the American flag?

nIGpfF0.jpg

It represents our freedom. As in the past, so many Americans, especially narrow-minded whites were horrible to innocent Americans like blacks, deafies, women and so forth because they didn't know what the flag represented. They were uneducated so they were fools. End of the story. (There are still many Americans who don't know what it represents.)

So... you condone what happened to Native Americans, slavery, women's rights, to name a few under American flag.... that is what Karissamann is saying.

Oh, you are still obsessed with our country flag. Don't you see that even in Rodney King's case, the cops who were wrongly abusing him were found guilty under the American flag?

nIGpfF0.jpg

It represents our freedom. As in the past, so many Americans, especially narrow-minded whites were horrible to innocent Americans like blacks, deafies, women and so forth because they didn't know what the flag represented. They were uneducated so they were fools. End of the story. (There are still many Americans who don't know what it represents.)

So... you condone what happened to Native Americans, slavery, women's rights, to name a few under American flag.... that is what Karissamann is saying.
Thanks for making my point. Who were those people who did the horrible things to innocent people? If you don't know, I can answer for you. Those people didn't know what the USA flag represented. They didn't care about the flag because they thought they had power over the flag. The flag doesn't give those horrible people the rights to do the wrong. In other words, it's people, not the flag.

For instance, the flag represents that the women can make choices such as abortion. It's the people who want to stop it, not the flag. Those people are horrible for failing to honor the flag.

The same goes with the Confederate flag.... goes both ways.

Thanks for making my point. Who were those people who did the horrible things to innocent people? If you don't know, I can answer for you. Those people didn't know what the USA flag represented. They didn't care about the flag because they thought they had power over the flag. The flag doesn't give those horrible people the rights to do the wrong. In other words, it's people, not the flag.

For instance, the flag represents that the women can make choices such as abortion. It's the people who want to stop it, not the flag. Those people are horrible for failing to honor the flag.

Hell no, it's not the same. The Confederate flag didn't represent freedom for all kinds of people (just for white people only). LMAO

I hate to step back in this... but... you do realize that the American flag flew longer and at the same time as the confederate, right? You also realize that the same things that were happening in the south, were also happening in the north? Finally, do you also realize that slavery, oppression, and injustice happened and is still happening all under the American flag....
A flag may have ideals attached to it... but in the end it is just a piece of cloth... it's meaning nothing but what people give to it.
All these calls for banning things, is not because of what it represents; it's about control....

. . . Finally, do you also realize that slavery, oppression, and injustice happened and is still happening all under the American flag....
"(S)till happening all under the American flag," meaning with US government sanction?

I'm amazing about some people don't understand about confederate flag.

I can't fix the stupid. :lol:

Well, those chicken****s stole natives' homelands, hunted Blacks for slavery, and treated women like sexual objects or animals... right under the USA flag.

Do you realize that Northern States did have slaves, don't you know?

Also Blacks in Africa sold other Blacks into slavery.

Point is that the flags has nothing to do with how people are treated. It is up to each individual to do right thing by others and himself. Others that don't do right by others is cause of their own decisions. Not cause of flag or country or etc they happen to live under.

I hate to step back in this... but... you do realize that the American flag flew longer and at the same time as the confederate, right? You also realize that the same things that were happening in the south, were also happening in the north? Finally, do you also realize that slavery, oppression, and injustice happened and is still happening all under the American flag....
A flag may have ideals attached to it... but in the end it is just a piece of cloth... it's meaning nothing but what people give to it.
All these calls for banning things, is not because of what it represents; it's about control....
I understand you completely. That was the past. Even in the 50s, 60s and 70s, minority people were not treated equally under our national flag. Those white people who thought we didn't deserve equality were mean and didn't deserve to live. Look at today, we have equal access as hearing people (not 100% anyway). IMO, the USA flag represents the US constitutions. That's why they are in every courtroom. The big issue is that people like so many politicians/civilians don't like what it represents as the old-fashioned people in the past. Gay marriage, abortion, black lives matter and so forth. The USA flag currently supports them since the flag is under the US constitutions. Remember JFK saying that a black student could go to any college because s/he is a human being like you and me because of what the USA flag represents. Of course, a lot of people oppose what the flag represents. Again, the issue is like you said, control while those fools completely fail to understand what the flag represents today. Ban our national flag? LOL

I understand you completely. That was the past. Even in the 50s, 60s and 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and even now, minority people were not treated equally under our national flag. Those white people who thought we didn't deserve equality were mean and didn't deserve to live. Look at today, we have equal access as hearing people (not 100% anyway). IMO, the USA flag represents the US constitutions. That's why they are in every courtroom. The big issue is that people like so many politicians/civilians don't like what it represents as the old-fashioned people in the past. Gay marriage, abortion, black lives matter and so forth. The USA flag currently supports them since the flag is under the US constitutions. Remember JFK saying that a black student could go to any college because s/he is a human being like you and me because of what the USA flag represents. Of course, a lot of people oppose what the flag represents. Again, the issue is like you said, control while those fools completely fail to understand what the flag represents today. Ban our national flag? LOL

Fixed that for ya.

the flag is under the US constitution? In what manner? The only things I see is related to the actual item- displaying it, desecration/destruction of it. I don't see anything about "what the flag represents". That is created by people in how they view the flag. The flag represents what PEOPLE THINK not what's written in a 200+ year old document.

Fixed that for ya.

the flag is under the US constitution? In what manner? The only things I see is related to the actual item- displaying it, desecration/destruction of it. I don't see anything about "what the flag represents". That is created by people in how they view the flag. The flag represents what PEOPLE THINK not what's written in a 200+ year old document.
Can you tell me why the flag is in every courtroom?

vjEc6lM.jpg

IwstGLp.jpg

They are there to represent the US constitutions. Aren't you aware of that?

BTW, you don't have my authorization to modify my quote under forum rules. In other words, who the hell do you think you are?

Last edited by a moderator:
And my point about not getting rid of history just because parts of it are flawed. It is all flawed. In fact I live in an area where there is still a lot of racism and sexism but many fly the american flag over their homes.

Back