Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Thus my statement that it still happens under the American flag today... it is not just a yester-years kind of thing...

Yep.....

I changed the picture in my signature and it was my decision, not Alex or moderators. :)

Also, confederate symbol is allowed on avatar and signature in this forum for years and in fact, it is not considered as hate and racism.

If you are offend by my signature, time to get tough.

And yet we do... and if we give them aide it is saying we agree with it... the US stamps almost everything it does with flags and name... so yet the flag goes there as well... so I see it as under the US Flag... we all have different ideas, opinions, and views...
I understand. I was sticking to the strictly legal use of the phrase, meaning that a land is under a flag only when the country represented by that flag is in full political control of that land. That means, only its own country and territories, where the flag is literally flying over its government buildings. Giving aid to a country doesn't put it under a nation's flag.

Sadly, the US does provide aid to other countries that it shouldn't but that doesn't put them under our flag. If they truly were under the US flag they could be controlled by the US. I think it's obvious that they aren't under US control, and pretty much do what they want. :(

I think this is really stupid topic to discuss about, whats so fuss about these flag that represents a losing government? War is terrible thing happened to humankind, all due to the fact that war was necessary to remove bad government, the third Reich for example, do we really need to support or respect these flags and having them flown in public places? If that happens, what does that really means? Same principle as these rebel flags.

Maybe you Americans don't know that this country was owned by United Kingdom, why isn't there UK flags flown around here? The answer was very simple, we won the war against them and we do not want have anything to do with them ANYMORE, right? Hence on why we don't have UK flags flown in general public around here. Same concept goes to Rebel flags.

I am not wasting my time reading this whole thread since its really.... ahem I don't give a **** about what you think anyway.

I understand. I was sticking to the strictly legal use of the phrase, meaning that a land is under a flag only when the country represented by that flag is in full political control of that land. That means, only its own country and territories, where the flag is literally flying over its government buildings. Giving aid to a country doesn't put it under a nation's flag.

Sadly, the US does provide aid to other countries that it shouldn't but that doesn't put them under our flag. If they truly were under the US flag they could be controlled by the US. I think it's obvious that they aren't under US control, and pretty much do what they want. :(

So why suport them then?

I think this is really stupid topic to discuss about, whats so fuss about these flag that represents a losing government? War is terrible thing happened to humankind, all due to the fact that war was necessary to remove bad government, the third Reich for example, do we really need to support or respect these flags and having them flown in public places? If that happens, what does that really means? Same principle as these rebel flags.

Maybe you Americans don't know that this country was owned by United Kingdom, why isn't there UK flags flown around here? The answer was very simple, we won the war against them and we do not want have anything to do with them ANYMORE, right? Hence on why we don't have UK flags flown in general public around here. Same concept goes to Rebel flags.

I am not wasting my time reading this whole thread since its really.... ahem I don't give a **** about what you think anyway.

But the confederate flag is not representing a government... then or now... nor was it a foreign one... it was Americans as a whole with a disagreement about government and state rights...

UK owned Canada but not USA. Not true at all. We all fight back the British not to control the Patriots as they wanted to be free and independent from the UK. That is why Betty Ross make the American Flag for the 13 colonies. Then later add more stars on the American Flag for other states in USA. But that was years later when the Deep South wanted to have a confederate flag for the civil war between the North and South of United States.

Arent you an American? American should know that UK once owned America, thats until July 4th, 1776 when bunch of American colonist from Massachusetts down to Virginia joined together in Philly to declare independence from UK, and yes, used to be we got UK flags flying all over America, we fought and won the war against UK, the last UK flag flown here in USA was taken down in September 1783 at New York harbor and replaced with United States flag for the first time, should we keep that UK flag? Hell no! We gave to the red coats and kicked their arse back on their ship and ship them back to England. Then George Washington went to Wall Street in Manhattan and took oath to become our first president.

UK owned Canada but not USA. Not true at all. We all fight back the British not to control the Patriots as they wanted to be free and independent from the UK. That is why Betty Ross make the American Flag for the 13 colonies. Then later add more stars on the American Flag for other states in USA. But that was years later when the Deep South wanted to have a confederate flag for the civil war between the North and South of United States.

Honestly, we should move on.

Anyway, anyone of you think our national flag should be banned, write a letter to Congress instead of wasting your breath here. Good luck!

If you're not bothering to read this thread or "give a **** about what we think," then why post this? Thanks for your non-contribution.

I may not have had much to say in this thread but I've been keeping up with reading it and seeing different viewpoints. Clearly this thread has had an impact for some.

Again, thanks for your lame-*** response.

Your entitled to your opinion. Anytime when there is war involved, there is nothing pleasant about it. The south wants separate from the union so that they keep the slavery ideology where the North believes in machines instead. The war was bloody enough in our own country where brothers bleeds other brothers blood.

Rebels have lost and surrendered, what the first thing they need to do? Replace their rebel flag with white flag so therefore Rebel flag shouldn't be flown in pubic.

If you're not bothering to read this thread or "give a **** about what we think," then why post this? Thanks for your non-contribution.

I may not have had much to say in this thread but I've been keeping up with reading it and seeing different viewpoints. Clearly this thread has had an impact for some.

Where is it written in stone, as far as the Civil War is concerned, that the loser has to give up their flag? What is happening regarding this issue is thought control....in a nutshell...

Last edited:
Honestly, we should move on.

Anyway, anyone of you think our national flag should be banned, write a letter to Congress instead of wasting your breath here. Good luck!
ahh so now we can't just have a debate /discussion about it?

That's what we're doing here y'know.

Lets have different perspective here, say if the South have won the war, separated from the North, they are entitled having their own flag flown in public, right? Unfortunately, this isn't the case because they have offically lost the battle where they have dismanted their flag and raised white flag, which later becomes offical United States flag.

There's a difference between flying a national flag over or at a government building or facility, and flying one at a private residence or commercial building. There's no rule about flying flags at residences (other than HOA restrictions). I've seen flags representing the Confederacy, Harley-Davidson, Great Britain, Mexico, football teams, colleges, the 50 states, etc., flying from houses and businesses.

I think the only time a foreign or "loser" flag might be prohibited is if the flag is being flow to show active rebellion by what it represents. That is, if someone in the former Confederacy flew that flag during Reconstruction, it might indicate that the person was continuing to stir up rebellion against the Union. Same for the British flag if someone was flying it in the new United States immediately after the Revolution. It might appear that they hadn't accepted the authority of the new federal government. An example today might be someone flying an ISIS flag--it might look like they were supporting a group that is an active enemy of the USA. Even then, it wouldn't be illegal on private property. In bad taste and offensive and not smart? Yes. But legal.

It's fine if any of you disagree... feel free to leave this thread if this is not for you. Some members have ancestry and many have relations to the Confederate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and we should leave it at that. This thread is the discussion of the flag and their history. Everyone is different what they believe in.

Yes, 1st amendment makes it legal for those who fly any flags on private property. Some are taking risks to fly such flags (ISIS, Rebel, Nazis) to be targeted for vandalism, theft, or violence.

There's a difference between flying a national flag over or at a government building or facility, and flying one at a private residence or commercial building. There's no rule about flying flags at residences (other than HOA restrictions). I've seen flags representing the Confederacy, Harley-Davidson, Great Britain, Mexico, football teams, colleges, the 50 states, etc., flying from houses and businesses.

I think the only time a foreign or "loser" flag might be prohibited is if the flag is being flow to show active rebellion by what it represents. That is, if someone in the former Confederacy flew that flag during Reconstruction, it might indicate that the person was continuing to stir up rebellion against the Union. Same for the British flag if someone was flying it in the new United States immediately after the Revolution. It might appear that they hadn't accepted the authority of the new federal government. An example today might be someone flying an ISIS flag--it might look like they were supporting a group that is an active enemy of the USA. Even then, it wouldn't be illegal on private property. In bad taste and offensive and not smart? Yes. But legal.

Bahahahahahaha Best post I've read on here all year!!!! :rockon:
:applause::applause::applause:

Back