What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the result of my pinched finger.

It hurt for several hours, but I shook it off, and will be all right.

Yeah, I know. He's not exactly experienced at paying for stuff with debit cards like most of us here are-- he doesn't even have his own bank account to begin with

Well, one thing to take into account is that sometimes the business screws up or sometimes there are hackers that steal CC info. It would not be your fault. I should know because I had my CC # stolen a few months ago because I shopped at target. It wasn't Target nor my own fault but rather someone apparently broke into the system and stole CC info.

And as for bank accounts, some people don't have them to keep their money inaccessible from bill collectors. And sometimes people just don't earn enough money to make it worthwhile because some banks charge a monthly fee if you don't have a certain minimum balance every month.

Well, one thing to take into account is that sometimes the business screws up or sometimes there are hackers that steal CC info. It would not be your fault. I should know because I had my CC # stolen a few months ago because I shopped at target. It wasn't Target nor my own fault but rather someone apparently broke into the system and stole CC info.

And as for bank accounts, some people don't have them to keep their money inaccessible from bill collectors. And sometimes people just don't earn enough money to make it worthwhile because some banks charge a monthly fee if you don't have a certain minimum balance every month.

Or, in the case of Chase Bank, direct deposits that total $500 or more monthly, and they won't charge you for that. Now, I can understand why he doesn't have one-- he once wthdrew too much money, and didn't have enough to pay his rent, so that's why he's not trusted with one. That reminds me-- I gotta set up my rent for next month.

Speaking of Chase Bank, when I set up my rent just now, I spotted a new feature that I didn't know I had, and that would be snapping a photo of my checks, and depositing them directly into my account. I just may use that feature someday.

Here's the result of my pinched finger.

It hurt for several hours, but I shook it off, and will be all right.

happened to me tis week caught in door whole finger....I was having profanity free week cos of grandchild but he heard me use naughty word

happened to me tis week caught in door whole finger....I was having profanity free week cos of grandchild but he heard me use naughty word

Well, so happens to be I am standing in the exact same spit it happed at-- again, and I took extra care to avoid a similar incident.

I learned that my friend burned her whole arm with hot cooking oil by my accident at my house on Sat and she has been hospitalized since then. Came home from our camping trip to this news. Spent 3 hours at the hospital with her last night. 2nd and 3rd degree burns on her arm. *sighs*

I learned that my friend burned her whole arm with hot cooking oil by my accident at my house on Sat and she has been hospitalized since then. Came home from our camping trip to this news. Spent 3 hours at the hospital with her last night. 2nd and 3rd degree burns on her arm. *sighs*

I hope your friend feels better in the long run. Cooking oil is not easy to handle, and should only be used by those who have handled it before. I, myself had to learn the proper way to cook with it-- high heat is a bad idea-- medium heat is best. 2nd and 3rd degree burns are serious burns, and will take a long time to recover from. Wishing for a speedy recovery for your friend, although she has a long road ahead.

I learn something more about myself. I always thought that I d love to live in DC if anything is possible. WRONG!! My old soul is back that i want to live in NYC instead of DC!

Oh, wow, that's bad news. :(

Last week, a friend of someone at my church had a similar accident. While cooking, he spilled the hot oil on his arm, hand, leg, and foot. He's in a burn center and will be getting skin grafts.

Is your friend in a burn center? Will she need grafts?

I've always been afraid of frying. Fortunately, I don't eat too many fried foods. I also don't like the grease that cooking with oil leaves behind in the kitchen. If we have any fried food, other than stir-fried, it's either at a restaurant or cooked outside.

I hope your friend feels better in the long run. Cooking oil is not easy to handle, and should only be used by those who have handled it before. I, myself had to learn the proper way to cook with it-- high heat is a bad idea-- medium heat is best. 2nd and 3rd degree burns are serious burns, and will take a long time to recover from. Wishing for a speedy recovery for your friend, although she has a long road ahead.

so how did you cook it from the beginning if you have never handled it before? :hmm:

Because he spent over $100 twice trying to get it, and failed both times, and now they want him to send them proof of the attempted purchases before they refund him his money back. That's why a prepaid debit card should never be used, because you never know if it gets complicated.

ever heard of........ a receipt? :eek3:

mind... totally.... blown....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back