What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's possible to get receipts online. Many businesses send a receipt to the email address.

That wooden spoon on a boiling pot does not work-- at least for me it never did. Still overflowed...:p

Thank you for solving this for me before I wasted an hour of my night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It's possible to get receipts online. Many businesses send a receipt to the email address.

That wooden spoon on a boiling pot does not work-- at least for me it never did. Still overflowed...:P

Uh, yeah.... he has no idea how to use e-mail, and no, don't ask why.

I just learned this, and now I want to try it... :hmm: I'm more curious, how in the hell... does it prevent it.... :shock: Scientifically speaking... how does it prevent it from boiling over? :hmm: Now I'm going to be looking this up and experimenting with Mac and Cheese instead of studying because THIS MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE! :laugh2:

I could be totally wrong but i think it has to do with the wood absorbing the heat. Again i could be wrong.

He knows how to post and sell sh*t online but doesn't know how to use email? Color me... I believe someone is full of sh*t.

He told me himself. He keeps asking me to teach him how to use it, but here's the thing-- he is 5 months younger than I am, and he's not anywhere as technology savvy as I am, and my roommates envy my knowledge of how to fix and set up stuff, so his asking me how to teach him to use e-mail falls in the category of awkwardness.

age has nothing to do with the ability to use or not use technology or anything else. There are some things I can't do like other guys my age or any age really- including my father. He's great with car stuff... I'm a dumbass with cars but does not mean I am a dumbass in general. So knock it off. There ARE people who for whatever reason and no matter how hard they try will still have difficulties.

Still, I'm feeling like Mew... seems kind of fishy... if he knows how to get online and purchase stuff online, doing email is not hard.. that said... if he doesn't have email... how in the hell is he even BUYING or DOING anything online with money? 97% of businesses online require an email address!
---------------------

The wood probably does absorb the heat/steam but the handle is so narrow that it would only catch what's in the middle... you still have to worry about the far edges from the handle. I even once tried to put TWO wooden spoons in a cross pattern and it still didn't work. It may work well if the temp is somewhere between med- med high- but it starts to go kaplooey at med-high to high.

Last edited:
age has nothing to do with the ability to use or not use technology or anything else. There are something I can't do like other guys my age. So knock it off. There ARE people who for whatever reason and no matter how hard they try will still have difficulties.

Still, I'm feeling like Mew... seems kind of fishy... if he knows how to get online and purchase stuff online, doing email is not hard.. that said... if he doesn't have email... how in the hell is he even BUYING or DOING anything online with money? 97% of businesses online require an email address!
---------------------

The wood probably does absorb the heat/steam but the handle is so narrow that it would only catch what's in the middle... you still have to worry about the far edges from the handle. I even once tried to put TWO wooden spoons in a cross pattern and it still didn't work. It may work well if the temp is somewhere between med- med high- but it starts to go kaplooey at med-high to high.

Yeah, I know they require an e-mail address. I wondered about that, too.

age has nothing to do with the ability to use or not use technology or anything else. There are something I can't do like other guys my age. So knock it off. There ARE people who for whatever reason and no matter how hard they try will still have difficulties.

---------------------

Exactly... Buying and selling crap online requires that! ( Email )

Mark,

As far as computer competency is concerned... I'm 27 and I'm completely computer retarded... However, I have a 19 year old cousin who would make 40 year old computer hackers look like a two year old. Age has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Please don't try to talk yourself up. Any time you do that it's just like when men talk about how big their dick is... and nobody likes that... it just pisses people off...

I learned that spider man 2 is already out on the other side of border a d i shall go see it!!!

Dude..... Dreamer...

Spiderman 2 has been out for years....

Spiderman 3 has been out for years even.... :shock:

Spiderman 3 sucks though.... just throwing that out there.... Spiderman 2 was... meh... it was okay I suppose.... meh.... meh... eh... meh...

I'm only crossing the border if I can go in a fat suit and plaster fake acne on myself or something so I don't have to hear "Hey Mame" yelled at me every two feet. :squint:

I don't speak Spanish! You knew what I was talking about! :squint: Pi**es me off.... :mad: :pissed: :mad: If I could kick them and get away with it... I would.... :mad: How disrespectful, it's like guys yelling " A Babah " it's the Spanish equivalent! :mad:

I don't speak Spanish! You knew what I was talking about! :squint: Pi**es me off.... :mad: :pissed: :mad: If I could kick them and get away with it... I would.... :mad: How disrespectful, it's like guys yelling " A Babah " it's the Spanish equivalent! :mad:

I know! LOL Try "Aye mamacita!" When they pass by in those ridiculous looking cars. I just toss my hair to cover my face then I hear "chingow!"? :crazy::laugh2:

You could say this one is ridiculous car... ;)

MexicanFiesta2009026.jpg

I know! LOL Try "Aye mamacita!" When they pass by in those ridiculous looking cars. I just toss my hair to cover my face then I hear "chingow!"? :crazy::laugh2:

Dont worry they wont yell that at you. They will just grab your butt and run away. Lol.

Ugh.... and Tampa is the worst.... :mad: Well, not as bad as Miami I suppose... So it could be worse! :hmm: :mad: I flip them the bird... :D Your drug habits and crappy income has no power over me, kthx. Go try in the ghetto. :D

Dont worry they wont yell that at you. They will just grab your butt and run away. Lol.

They wouldn't get the chance to run away, I carry a taser, a gun and mace... take your pick. I prefer the taser, because they freeze up and drop like a log. It's quite hilarious really when you get to see it in person. If you're really lucky, they pee themselves. ( Yes, I have tased someone before, and I will GLADLY do it again! :D )

Ugh.... and Tampa is the worst.... :mad: Well, not as bad as Miami I suppose... So it could be worse! :hmm: :mad: I flip them the bird... :D

That's funny - I'm planning move to Texas after get a degree from college - take around 1 year. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back