ChicagoBlue...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's another way to extinguish the fire but what if the fire becomes so strong that you can't even get close enough to throw the lid on it? That's why I said a fire extinguisher is the best way.

Agree.

I find it hard to believe that Mark would have left hot oil on the stove. If anything, he was overly cautious about things he did.

yea. based on my observation on his behaviors thru postings and reasonings, I feel that he had OCD on safety-related issues.

I doubt he committed suicide either. He had a sense of grandeur and "mission" so committing a suicide would be beneath him.

but then... anything's possible.

Do you have any idea what would involve the FBI?

I posted in #36 this is was being looked at as possible crime scene. So I guess this is why the FBI is involved. I am hoping the investigation will show that Mark's death could had been prevented if the proper alarms had been installed in his apartment . If this is the case . I am very concerned if the fire and police departments are even aware that Mark was deaf. This has to be used as part of their investigation .

A wet towel could make flaming oil splash. It could probably spread the fire because the oil stays on top of water.

A wet towel could make flaming oil splash. It could probably spread the fire because the oil stays on top of water.

I thought so but then again... what are you going to do? let it flame high?

in any case... everyone should always have a fire extinguisher in their kitchen. mine's on top of the fridge, away from the stove. it would be foolish to place a fire extinguisher close to stove and you can't reach it if flame's out of control.

I posted in #36 this is was being looked at as possible crime scene. So I guess this is why the FBI is involved. I am hoping the investigation will show that Mark's death could had been prevented if the proper alarms had been installed in his apartment . If this is the case . I am very concerned if the fire and police departments are even aware that Mark was deaf. This has to be used as part of their investigation .

I would think they've been told of Mark's deafness. His landlady knew and Derek may have also told them.

I don't think having the proper alarms so soon after he moved in would be construed as a crime, but I could be wrong.

I hope that Derek would find more details about it like, did he go to police station and follow up on the status etc...

Someone may have gotten the agencies involved in the investigation wrong and then it got copied. The link for FF's post says this "Rogers Park District police said Monday night that the buidling is considered a crime scene and the police Bomb and Arson Unit and the Fire Department's office of investigation is looking into its cause." which makes more sense than the usual agency associated with the initials FBI.

FBI. Bomb and Arson Unit. Same thing as far as it being investigated as a crime, not an accident.

I think, "best" depends on the situation. If possible, I believe covering the fire is the safest way. I have a friend who tried to move a grease fire in a pan to the sink and got burned badly. In that case, he should have just covered the pan.

I'm not sure, but I think fryers have lids.

That's what my friend did..she moved the pan with the hot oil out of my kitchen into my front deck to throw it out and she stumbled and guess where the oil ended up at.

Bomb unit is involved? Wow

Bomb unit is involved? Wow

no it's just one big consolidated unit - cost-effective that way since bomb and fire share very similar characteristics.

I wish there was some way for AD to contact his family. It would be wonderful to share with them his photographic record of his beloved Chicago. I don't think his family knew about all his accomplishments. It would be good for them to have some documentation of his brief life.

I wish there was some way for AD to contact his family. It would be wonderful to share with them his photographic record of his beloved Chicago. I don't think his family knew about all his accomplishments. It would be good for them to have some documentation of his brief life.

Maybe Derek can?

Derek can ask police department to relay the info/stories to them. or we can write a wonderful tribute about Mark to Chicago's local newspaper.... the same reporter who interviewed Mark before about plays.

I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking about this too Reba and Jiro , sending all Mark's photos to his family , I am sure this would mean a lot to them . Mark was a very dear man and I only hope he knew that he has friends here.

I've been told that the best way to get information to share with Mark's parents would be via 4101 N. Ravenswood. One of my friends is supposed to go over there. I'm not sure whether they can give out information because of HIPPA rules, but maybe they can pass on information to Mark's parents.

If anything, it's possible that police got hold of Mark's parents.

It's a criminal investigation, Derek needs to stay out of it.

inquiring is not interfering. frequent follow-ups would keep them on their toes. maybe. maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back