ChicagoBlue...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not " curious ' about Mark . I liked Mark and I hated the way hated people bullied him all the time . Mark was a good man and harmed no one, we'll have some of our own quirks and we should not be bulled to death b/c of it.
Of course any of us who cared about Mark were curious about why he was gone.

Now be quiet and quit trying to start fights here in this thread.
cu·ri·ous
ˈkyo͝orēəs/Submit
adjective
eager to know or learn something.
"I began to be curious about the whereabouts of the bride and groom"

WGNTV replied to my email.....They state they still do not have a name for the victim.

WGNTV replied to my email.....They state they still do not have a name for the victim.

Maybe because all of his family hasn't been notified yet? or they haven't got the results from the autopsy including any dental records.

I wonder about his dental records , if that can be used to ID the body or does this only on TV?

I posted about 'Fair Housing and ' Mrs. Murphy Exemption ' on my thread about' Housing Discrimination Laws ' it's interesting how the Exemption law can about , however I do not agree it.

I'm shocked and sadden to read this thread.

RIP Mark and fly free.

Ahhhh...that is so so sad to read. I am definitely getting a smoke alarm system for the deaf this weekend.

You can order BRK smoke alarms that are strobes and are hard-wired into your house. I also have a weather alert flasher at work but I don't know the name of it right now. I will look on Monday and let you know. Remind me.

You can order BRK smoke alarms that are strobes and are hard-wired into your house. I also have a weather alert flasher at work but I don't know the name of it right now. I will look on Monday and let you know. Remind me.

I'm on the fence about wired alarms. If you lose power, you still need the alarm(if there isn't a reserve battery). I'd to 50/50 battery/wired.

Also, I'm looking into wireless connection to other alarms.

I'm on the fence about wired alarms. If you lose power, you still need the alarm(if there isn't a reserve battery). I'd to 50/50 battery/wired.

Also, I'm looking into wireless connection to other alarms.

The BRK are both battery and wired. I have two in my home.

The reason I mentioned just the wired earlier is because it's code here that they HAVE to be hard-wired. Battery is just the back-up.

When you say "hard wired" does that mean a company has to install them? Or, is it something my husband can do?

When you say "hard wired" does that mean a company has to install them? Or, is it something my husband can do?

If your husband knows how to do electrical, he could. I hired an electrician to do mine. I think it was $75. It shouldn't take more than an hour to do 2 of them. The strobes are about 150 each, though.

If your husband knows how to do electrical, he could. I hired an electrician to do mine. I think it was $75. It shouldn't take more than an hour to do 2 of them. The strobes are about 150 each, though.

Husband is pretty handy but usually he doesn't do electrical. I will definitely look into this.

Thanks

Husband is pretty handy but usually he doesn't do electrical. I will definitely look into this.

Thanks

Then you should hire an electrician , I wonder if you'll need to get a permit from your city hall to install this.

Then you should hire an electrician , I wonder if you'll need to get a permit from your city hall to install this.

Here in Minnesota, no permit as long as the electrician is licensed. In California where Angel lives, not sure. A call to city hall may be needed. I only had to get electrical permits for finishing off entire rooms, but not a smoke alarm.

I think permits are only required for structural changes, but I could be wrong.

Indeed and throwing water at an oil fire makes it worse, believe it or not. It just spreads the damage and the best way to put out an oil fire is with a fire extinguisher because it has certain chemicals that will neutralize the fire.
Since I have worked in the restaurant business for 25+ years. As a cook in a kitchen, we don't bother running for a fire extinguisher, we grab salt or baking soda, especially when it comes to oil that's on fire.

The Fire Extinguisher has to many chemicals in it, we would have to close the entire restaurant down if a fire broke out. The chemicals would be everywhere and we'd have to throw away so much food. At least with Salt or Baking Soda, we can put the fire out clean it up quickly and continue cooking.

Of course, not everyone reacts to fire the same. Most people flip out out of fear. I myself am used to fire, so I know how to react to it. Having grown up with a wood burning stove in my house as well as working grills that use charcoal. It's instinct for me.

The absolute worst thing you can do is throw water on oil fires. That is an absolute NO NO. Adding water to hot oil is like setting off a bomb and it will explode and splash oil everywhere.

Since I have worked in the restaurant business for 25+ years. As a cook in a kitchen, we don't bother running for a fire extinguisher, we grab salt or baking soda, especially when it comes to oil that's on fire.

The Fire Extinguisher has to many chemicals in it, we would have to close the entire restaurant down if a fire broke out. The chemicals would be everywhere and we'd have to throw away so much food. At least with Salt or Baking Soda, we can put the fire out clean it up quickly and continue cooking.

Of course, not everyone reacts to fire the same. Most people flip out out of fear. I myself am used to fire, so I know how to react to it. Having grown up with a wood burning stove in my house as well as working grills that use charcoal. It's instinct for me.

The absolute worst thing you can do is throw water on oil fires. That is an absolute NO NO. Adding water to hot oil is like setting off a bomb and it will explode and splash oil everywhere.

I was going to say that too , grab a box of baking soda and dump it on the fire . I have a big box of baking soda near my stove.

Maybe because all of his family hasn't been notified yet? or they haven't got the results from the autopsy including any dental records.

The landlord knew who their tenants were , you would think the police would use this info and have the FBI try and see who Mark used for his dentist through his insurance .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back