ChicagoBlue...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, hard to imagine to rule it out as intentonal considering how well he held his own and the support he received during the circumstances he started in the past year. Doesn't make sense as it is for me, though it saddens me to know he died this way. He's now in a better place and give my condolonces to his family and those he knew very well.

after checking dozens of different space heaters from amazon including cheapest one... they are all equipped with "tip-over protection" and "automatic safety shut-off system".

this is horrible.... 2 ADers have died from lack of proper fire safety equipment for deaf. very very upsetting....

From what Derek said earlier the stove was apparently left on. I think a more plausible cause was that Mark was cooking french fries and forgot to turn off the stove before going to bed. Cooking oil can easily catch fire, don't ask me how I know. :eek3:

OMG....I am at loss for words. Just no way. That's horrible. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his closest AD friends.

From what Derek said earlier the stove was apparently left on. I think a more plausible cause was that Mark was cooking french fries and forgot to turn off the stove before going to bed. Cooking oil can easily catch fire, don't ask me how I know. :eek3:

yeah That's what I am thinking if it were the case. Last time he used FF for the oil skillet (not sure if he used the kind of cooking set) which was on saturday. It happened on sunday in an early AM and then fireman found his body in there on monday. that is so horrible to think about it.

My good friend ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on her whole arm from a cooking oil accident at my house last April. Oil is scary when not handled properly.

While the space heater or stove are plausible reasons for a fire, they don't explain why the FBI is investigating it as a crime scene. Even if the landlord was negligent (re fire alarm), that would not involve the FBI.
We will have to wait and see.

While the space heater or stove are plausible reasons for a fire, they don't explain why the FBI is investigating it as a crime scene. Even if the landlord was negligent (re fire alarm), that would not involve the FBI.

Do you have any idea what would involve the FBI?

I find it hard to believe that Mark would have left hot oil on the stove. If anything, he was overly cautious about things he did.

Tragic loss, I just recently heard. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Anything is possible. I'm sure there is more to this story. We will have to wait and see.

Oil is scary when not handled properly.

Indeed and throwing water at an oil fire makes it worse, believe it or not. It just spreads the damage and the best way to put out an oil fire is with a fire extinguisher because it has certain chemicals that will neutralize the fire.

Im confused a little. Did he moved into a new apartment or still at an old apartment?

I know but it has been a few days so names have should been came out already.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...man-in-critical-condition-20150215-story.html

Someone may have gotten the agencies involved in the investigation wrong and then it got copied. The link for FF's post says this "Rogers Park District police said Monday night that the buidling is considered a crime scene and the police Bomb and Arson Unit and the Fire Department's office of investigation is looking into its cause." which makes more sense than the usual agency associated with the initials FBI.

Someone may have gotten the agencies involved in the investigation wrong and then it got copied. The link for FF's post says this "Rogers Park District police said Monday night that the buidling is considered a crime scene and the police Bomb and Arson Unit and the Fire Department's office of investigation is looking into its cause." which makes more sense than the usual agency associated with the initials FBI.

Yes, Jane that's what I was thinking too, a mix up of what agencies were involved with the investigation.

Indeed and throwing water at an oil fire makes it worse, believe it or not. It just spreads the damage and the best way to put out an oil fire is with a fire extinguisher because it has certain chemicals that will neutralize the fire.

I think, "best" depends on the situation. If possible, I believe covering the fire is the safest way. I have a friend who tried to move a grease fire in a pan to the sink and got burned badly. In that case, he should have just covered the pan.

I'm not sure, but I think fryers have lids.

I think, "best" depends on the situation. If possible, I believe covering the fire is the safest way.

Yes that's another way to extinguish the fire but what if the fire becomes so strong that you can't even get close enough to throw the lid on it? That's why I said a fire extinguisher is the best way.

Curious what was his last name? i tried to google it up to see if they announced the name yet.. My deep heart goes to his family.

ADD TO EDIT:

MARK ENGLAND. thats what I am told.

I think, "best" depends on the situation. If possible, I believe covering the fire is the safest way. I have a friend who tried to move a grease fire in a pan to the sink and got burned badly. In that case, he should have just covered the pan.

throw a wet towel on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back