Your very, very first relationship...

Did you read the article? Probably something that we all instinctively know, that someone who makes us laugh and who laughs with us is on the same wave-length. Quite interesting to see it written up like that.

Did you read the article? Probably something that we all instinctively know, that someone who makes us laugh and who laughs with us is on the same wave-length. Quite interesting to see it written up like that.
I know what you mean about humor. I can remember many times cracking a joke with the ex GF and getting a funny look. I would then say "humor alert" so she would know it was intended as a funny.

Everyone says you'll just know when you've found the right person. I knew when my hubby sang Elvis love songs to me in the grocery store. It was goofy and funny. I figured that he must really love me to do that.

Aw! That's a nice one. No one has ever sung Elvis love songs to ME in the grocery store!

You can sing to your hubby at the grocery store and maybe he'll join in? :lol:

:lol: Uh, no. Trust me, NO one wants to hear my singing!! That's something reserved for the privacy of my own shower.

I used to sing in a choir, though. I was told I had a decent voice. However, even then, it was the sort of voice best suited to blend in with a choir, not to stand on its lonesome own.

Flash mob!

Guys, take note! Girls are suckers for singing.

I guess I am the "shameless hussy". I pursued hubby while at church. He had the lowest self-esteem and a lady at church mentioned that we would be good for each other. She's known him since he was 4 years old. So, I started leaving Hallmark cards on his truck. After about 8-10 weeks, he finally got up enough nerve to ask me for a simple lunch after church one Sunday. It moved on from there. We dated for 6 months, got engaged and then married after another 6 months. I'd say we are a good match, because he is still suffering from low self-esteem and I am more of a strong independent person. Since losing my hearing, he has gotten stronger and I have withdrawn more.

I'm sorry to hear you have withdrawn more, but nice that he has continued to gain strength throughout your marriage.

3. The very first steady relationship was lasted 5 months. We were old enough (legally and proper age for relationship.) Yes, we still keep in touch via e-mail/aim/text/facebook and meet-up/hang out/party for more than 12 years as good friends. Of course, we n-e-v-e-r d-a-t-e-d (used). I'm with my man for almost 6 years now.

Some of you ADers, your posts sickened me. Are you saying that a person who's paralyzed down to her/his waist should not have a relationship/marriage because she/he could not be able to have sex? Wtf?! I can't fathom how daring way in selfishness some of you to ever said that sex is important. What would you do at once in near future you find your partner or spouse is no longer physically able to have sex with you? Leave him/her for another? *blowing raspberry* Sex is just reproducing the babies. *smfh*

Since some of you said sex is so important for you, well just watch out in future and one day you no longer feeling sexually in your hormones system, paralyzed from an accident, etc. So how would you feel if that happens to you? Think about it. :)

People who get paralyzed still have sex. Just so that you know... And they're free to have a relationship, marriage, etc? I don't see anything here on this thread that says that people shouldn't be in love just because they can't have sex?

Sex IS an important part to having a healthy relationship. Would you rather be in a sexless relationship? Only emotional? Who will be there to satisfy you? Even paralyzed people have their own needs. There needs to be some kind of a balance. If someone wants to wait until marriage, that's fine as long as the significant other respects that choice also.

Think about it. Even old people have sex and STI is pretty rampant in their community so I think it'd be hard for our "sex hormones" to just go away.

1) First serious relationship lasted for almost 2 years. (During college)
2) At the time, I thought I was going to marry him. I was very much in love with him. It was devastating when we broke up, but I realized later that we would have never worked it out after college. He was the perfect college boyfriend, but it would have never worked out in the long run due to different priorities.
3) We do keep in touch once in a while. I'm in a serious relationship and he's already married with a kid. I even went to his wedding. :)

People who get paralyzed still have sex.
Really? Is that always the fact?:roll:

Just so that you know... And they're free to have a relationship, marriage, etc? I don't see anything here on this thread that says that people shouldn't be in love just because they can't have sex?
Well, duh love is seperate from sex. Love is number 1 and sex is on the very bottom...Jesus was sexless. I'm sure there's many ones out there just like many deaf and hearing friends that I have who are asexual...so why should they have sex since it's not important to them?

Sex IS an important part to having a healthy relationship.
Are you really sure? Maybe it's just to you.

Would you rather be in a sexless relationship?
Seems you have a problem with that.

Who will be there to satisfy you?
Love is enough to satisfy and it does apply to anyone else. Love is never wrong.

Think about it.
Even old people have sex
Yeah, tell me about my best friend's grandmother,my grandmother,my future brother in law's parents and numerous of elders who are no longer sexually active after being married to same person for more than 30 years. and STI is pretty rampant in their community so I think it'd be hard for our "sex hormones" to just go away.[/QUOTE]

We're not talking about asexual people here. Completely different topic.

I suggest you read about Kinsey. Good read about sex.

And for old people having sex, they just don't tell you about it. They secretly have sex and you may not want to think about it. :laugh2:

Open your mind about this subject instead of telling me that paralyzed people and old people don't have sex. They DO.

I do feel that sex is sacred, reserved only for the one I love. I don't go sleeping around. I don't have a problem with a sexless relationship, but in my personal opinion I have my own needs that I'd like to satisfy. :lol:

Oh boy, what an half-ignorant. You're telling me that I have never heard of Kinsey? Sorry, it's too late for you to suggest me to read Kinsey book because I already have over a decade ago...even there has a film based on a story about him. He had an experience an open marriage relationship....and dammit I ain't following his suggestion based on that. He even had an experiment with another male....of course I found it disgusting.

You still deny that those relatives and family friends of mine who are long-time married who are, as matter of fact, no longer sexually active...well fine, so be it all you want. If my grandmother, my ex's mother, my best friend's grandmother, and my S.O.'s grandmother wouldn't tell you their secret that they're still sexually active...then they would have remarried a new husband after all of their first husbands are deceased for more than a decade ago...speaking of your quote "old people that still have hormones that are hard to go away"....
Get real.

You're right about Kinsey's personal life. He isn't exactly the person I'd want to emulate, either.

But - you're wrong about old people not having sex. Maybe the individuals you mentioned are not, especially if they are widowed and don't believe in sex outside of marriage.

But many, many older people (by which I mean age 65-plus) are still perfectly healthy and enjoying robust sex lives, either in marriage or in dating relationships. It's actually a big problem in nursing homes, as staff cannot always tell if the sex is consensual or not. The staff has to figure out the line between giving people privacy vs. protecting people's safety.

Anyway, just speaking of the still-married elderly, sex might slow down, no one is pretending they are still 25 years old, but it's still a part of normal life for more old folks than you may think.

Oh boy, what an half-ignorant. You're telling me that I have never heard of Kinsey? Sorry, it's too late for you to suggest me to read Kinsey book because I already have over a decade ago...even there has a film based on a story about him. He had an experience an open marriage relationship....and dammit I ain't following his suggestion based on that. He even had an experiment with another male....of course I found it disgusting.

You still deny that those relatives and family friends of mine who are long-time married who are, as matter of fact, no longer sexually active...well fine, so be it all you want. If my grandmother, my ex's mother, my best friend's grandmother, and my S.O.'s grandmother wouldn't tell you their secret that they're still sexually active...then they would have remarried a new husband after all of their first husbands are deceased for more than a decade ago...speaking of your quote "old people that still have hormones that are hard to go away"....
Get real.

:laugh2::laugh2: You're only thinking about yourself. I was talking about in general. If you don't agree with Kinsey, that's fine. I was just telling you to try and be open minded. I'm not exactly the ignorant one here.

I wasn't talking about your family, silly. If they don't have sex, well that's their choice and that's fine, but it doesn't mean that it's the same for everyone else in the general population. And that quote makes no sense? I never "worded it that way."

There's one more...I wanted to tell you that I remember watching tv a few years back, it was about the documentary interview with a Brazilian married couple whose living in Brazil, the husband was paralyzed down to his legs for the rest of his life and the wife fell in love with him and so did he. She acknowledged that he couldn't sexually function before they got engaged. The priest learned about them and tried to ban him from marrying just because he's in wheelchair and couldn't procreate. That was discrimination. Both of them fought back with the justice then they won the case and proceed to marry. And another one, familiar of Ron Kovic? He was the one who wrote about Born on Fourth of July, was paralyzed for life from 'Nam war...stimpy dick cannot get hard on, even Viagara didn't help at all. Tell me how he can have sex? I'm beginning to wonder about you being the expert at getting your quadraplegic partner/husband's dick being pumped hard on, and if he couldn't feel it at all (numb)? Hmmmmm....

Back