Young couples should get married and get pregnancy

Sorry, I am going to have to say I disagree with your statment. They are a bit too young to get married to know what they want. Just because they have a child does not means they should be married or forced to be married. People should get married for the right reasons, not the wrong reasons.

I absolute agree. I've seen too many people choose to stay together because of kids or get married because they have a kid together. It is necessary for love to thrive and for marriages to succeed by two people who are in love, not for the sake of a child that they created together. ;)

I absolute agree. I've seen too many people choose to stay together because of kids or get married because they have a kid together. It is necessary for love to thrive and for marriages to succeed by two people who are in love, not for the sake of a child that they created together. ;)

Amen! you got that right.

for some reason, parents thought both kids should get marry to save some money to share their live and great benefit for kids. Without marriage, they wouldn't able to support enough but hard life.

I am sorry I disagree. Coming from an experince...kids today is not mature enough to be rushed. My daughter was in a rush at 17 then got pregnant shortly after and they weren't ready. They had no money and no place to live. They couldn't afford a rent that I had to help them out and helped to provide my 2 grandsons by living with us...they still have ALOT to learn. She is twenty now and having another baby. Were they ready, that was still a big NO. Her husband's parents and we are still helping them from time to time even thou he still cannot hold a job or pay the bills and he is stuck in huge debts. They made a choice and learn from it. We cannot help them forever and they got to learn to do on their own once they made few mistakes being rushed in the first place and still...

My parents are 'another story.' And it was back then, they were very mature than we were in their time. My mother got married at 15 while my dad was 29, and they are still happily married. But for me at 16 is a no-no, I was never ready so does my daughter...It is not the 1950's anymore. Everything is so expensive now, hard to find a really good job that pays well, gas is going sky rocket, food are expensive too, especially formlua, diapers, and baby food. I think you may want to think twice before you give a go-ahead...

I am so sure that a mother would love to have a baby so young so that they will see each other for much long time. Yes, it can be expensive things going on unless your parents are "rich" that can help their daughter to take care of her and her baby as well. 30 years old parents are okay as long as they are stable to take care of financial. Unfortunately, my cousin is 42 years old has two young daughters which are now 2 and 4 years olds. When the kids turn 30, their mother will be 72 years old. The kids wish to see her young and live longer and more energy to go out with them. That is a sad part about it. It is not about too bad. Life is so important that opportunity to see each other. Your heart should be loved and enjoy longer with your children-adults no matter what.

Webexplorer - While I gracefully understood what your point is about having children at a early age in order to bond with them for years to come, so and on.

In a way, It is nice to be able to have all of the time to yourself to share with your children but, on the other hand, it also means you have to make a huge sacrifice. Once a child comes in your life, you will no longer be "free" to do whatever you want to do or be able to please yourself at any time. That moment will come to you sparingly when you become a parent. A child will turn your world upside down -- not that it is a bad thing because, it is wonderful to have a child -- but I am saying that, when you do have one, it also means you will have to go to every length to accommodate their needs in every sense.

That is also why, I gracefully disagree with your perspective because it does not matter how old you are to have a child, a love for a child beats the age at any time. However, like everyone says, it comes with huge responsibility and much beyond that. Would a teenager be ready for that? No. Teenagers are in their golden years of 'discovering' theirselves. When a teenager has a child, they are 'forced' to grow up a lot faster without being able to understand theirselves at the same time.

Teens are in their phase years of experimenting everything they can get their hands on. What they don't realize is, sometime a wrong experiment concludes a hefty price.

Do you realize the high rate of divorced by a young kids??? Oh Brother!!!

I have to disagree with ya. It is the parent responsible to make sure that they spend their time with their kids while they are growing up as much as they can. Like I do right now and knowing that my son wont be in the house forever and will leave the nest.

Well here is the opinion from a 17 year old...

I now I am mature enough to be in a serious relationship but I don't think i know exactly what I want in a mate. I have a general idea but I don't know much more than that because i haven't expierenced as much as i think i should before i setal down. I couldn't imagine getting pregnant right now I don't have someone i love and trust enough to have a baby with, I don't have a good enough job nor do many teens my age. I have college and a life i want to live free from that responsibilty, if i got pregnant now i couldn't travel and i would have a hard time getting financially stable, did you know there is a statistic that says a baby in it's first year of life will cost about $15,000 i don't make that in 3 years. how many of you make that in a year? There for i think your totally wrong I want to wait till i'm in a commited marriage with someone i love and trust and know well and i am finacially stable before i even think about having a baby

I am so sure that a mother would love to have a baby so young so that they will see each other for much long time. Yes, it can be expensive things going on unless your parents are "rich" that can help their daughter to take care of her and her baby as well. 30 years old parents are okay as long as they are stable to take care of financial. Unfortunately, my cousin is 42 years old has two young daughters which are now 2 and 4 years olds. When the kids turn 30, their mother will be 72 years old. The kids wish to see her young and live longer and more energy to go out with them. That is a sad part about it. It is not about too bad. Life is so important that opportunity to see each other. Your heart should be loved and enjoy longer with your children-adults no matter what.

Older parents age have nothing to do with the situation. But put it this way, Younger teenagers still should not have kids or baby period until they finish high school or college. They need to realized their educations come first before settilng down so young. Once they realized having a baby, it not so fun job. Being a parents is a very very big responblities. Back in those days like 1900 to 1940 or 50's they were allow to be married if they made a mistake in first place. But today kids have more options to either keep the baby, abortion or give up the baby for adoption. But remember teenagers can't handle being a parents. Most of the teenage girls committed crimes dumping their baby in a dumpter to die. Most of these girls are scare to death to go to anyone for help.

Webexplorer - While I gracefully understood what your point is about having children at a early age in order to bond with them for years to come, so and on.

In a way, It is nice to be able to have all of the time to yourself to share with your children but, on the other hand, it also means you have to make a huge sacrifice. Once a child comes in your life, you will no longer be "free" to do whatever you want to do or be able to please yourself at any time. That moment will come to you sparingly when you become a parent. A child will turn your world upside down -- not that it is a bad thing because, it is wonderful to have a child -- but I am saying that, when you do have one, it also means you will have to go to every length to accommodate their needs in every sense.

That is also why, I gracefully disagree with your perspective because it does not matter how old you are to have a child, a love for a child beats the age at any time. However, like everyone says, it comes with huge responsibility and much beyond that. Would a teenager be ready for that? No. Teenagers are in their golden years of 'discovering' theirselves. When a teenager has a child, they are 'forced' to grow up a lot faster without being able to understand theirselves at the same time.

Teens are in their phase years of experimenting everything they can get their hands on. What they don't realize is, sometime a wrong experiment concludes a hefty price.

I agree with my pal jo here!

Today's times 72 would be considered the new 50. :)

That's your opinion. I strongly disagree with this. That's way too young to get married and cannot enjoy her/his life. What about college? College is also important for future job.

shel90's post
Uh huh...no way! I would rather enjoy my early adulthood being single and free.

I want my kids to experience different experiences while during young adulthood rather than being tied down with lots of responsibilities.

Also, at 16 and 18 years old, what kind of jobs can they get to be able to support a family?

GarnetTigerMom's post
Sorry, I am going to have to say I disagree with your statment. They are a bit too young to get married to know what they want. Just because they have a child does not means they should be married or forced to be married. People should get married for the right reasons, not the wrong reasons.

*A*M*E*N*

Shel90's post
Today's times 72 would be considered the new 50.

True

Oh dear, you are such pathetic ! Nowadays, those kids are very immature at those ages. Not like 1950's.

* Knock your head *

I respectfully disgree that all kids or teenagers are very immature. They could be mature only if they are being treat as young adult with respect instead of baby/little children/kids.

Yes, I agree that some kids and teens act like immaturity... I would say it's not just them but adult from 18 years old as well.

Well, the ages are only number.

Alan, my younger son's Godmother had her 2nd child at age 43 with her 10 year younger husband. She already had 29 years old daughter during her previous marriage. She told me about the comparison child upbringing between her 1st and 2nd child and said that she feel more mature mother than she was with her first child at 29 years ago. She do not feel that she is 53 years old and said that her 11 years old child make her young...

Anyway, I married to my hubby when I was 22 and my hubby was 30 years old. We do not feel ready/mature to be parents but enjoy our marriage life and travel a lot and have our good jobs and make sure our dream wish fulfilling... Everything what we have then start family at 7 years later... I become first mother when I was just 30 years old. I am 43 years old now and will be 44 few months time but I do not feel that I am too old... Why worry about ages for?

Anyway, I don't beleive to hurry my boys to become parents but focus their own future and wish first before they feel ready to be mature parents then... Their wish should come first.

well my grandmother was 30 when she had my mom and she still live
i not mind the ages

Today lot of older women are having children late age so, lot had to do with job career came first for them and settling down and whatmore older couple have more patience to handle children and experinces. I have my child late 30's so no regret.

for some reason, parents thought both kids should get marry to save some money to share their live and great benefit for kids. Without marriage, they wouldn't able to support enough but hard life.

I don't agree with their thought, single can be fine and very survived, compared to married couples.

Oh dear, you are such pathetic ! Nowadays, those kids are very immature at those ages. Not like 1950's.

* Knock your head *

Oh well, Just suggest to better to not bash on webexplorer's views, just likely to show an kindness.

It's your choice, just give some help.

Webexplorer, I don't agree with you about marriage at minors because divorce rate is an issue and their behavior pattern isn't very ready for real world, when considered to start marry with other person, divorce rate is so higher on young people, plus just rather to wait until 20's or 30's then marriage can be ready without any worry about divorce, when person who is divorce and not take their kid then they have start to pay the child support, that's so tough to some people to save their money for everything.

What world are you living in? Marriage is one of a huge commitment, it comes with many responsibilities, people should not get married out of the feeling of necessarily. People need to be 100% sure of what they want in a marriage, would they vow to be with each others for better and for worse? Marriage is not something should be taken lightly. It's a commitment a commitment for life. :)

Nobody should never use "money" for a reason to get married.

Back