You know you're a 70's kid if.......

Yup, I was remember from my parent who raised in 70's and share with them, I know about TV dinner in aluminum foil tray isn't safe for microwave, it can cause fire, yup, happened to me at few time, I was heat hamburger with foil then went fire up and had opened the door then pulled it out so quickly.

In 1970's, I remember about no cochlear implant in USA, severe to profound deaf people have wear strong BTE or bodyworn hearing aid, don't matters if little or no benefits and they have use sign language, however in some cases, they could learn to read the lips.

Is it true that 1970's car has poor emission regulation like low mpg, such as 10-15 mpg for economy car?

As I recall from people saying, it was the 1970s fuel shortage that triggered auto manufacturers to develop better fuel economy cars (along with laws requiring it).

They need to do that again. It's harder now because it's so easy to sue everybody when the guy with the most expensive lawyer wins, whether it be right or wrong.

Is it true that 1970's car has poor emission regulation like low mpg, such as 10-15 mpg for economy car?

trust me i had a 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix. Powerful car with the trans-am 400 cubic-inch (6.6 litre) motor. It sucked so much gas i was getting 10 mpg!

Besides it was a big-ass car

trust me i had a 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix. Powerful car with the trans-am 400 cubic-inch (6.6 litre) motor. It sucked so much gas i was getting 10 mpg!

Besides it was a big-ass car

Cadillac and Mercury cars get worse than 10mpg as they were equipped with over 500 cubic inch V-8 engine :eek3: If you drive around city, you probabaly get few as 7 mpg!

Movies: Kiss Meets The Phantom
All Cheech N Chong

Rock Groups: Rush
Kiss
The Who
Boston
Led Zepplen

Cartoons: The Flintstones
Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour
Tom & Jerry

TV Shows: Little Rascals in black & white noy colour
Andy Griffith
Dragnet
Adam 12
The Munsters

Guys with shoulder length hair
Livi jeans where the in thing
The Saying in my day was Sex Drugs and Rock & Roll
we got our 1st colour TV in 1971
My mom got her 1st Dishwasher in 1973
Dad bought mom her 1st Microwave Oven in 1976

Those wher the days to be brought up we played outside and walked to see friends seldom used the phone. I was born in 1962 I think we had a good life growing up and I found a link on the history of the Microwave Oven

Microwave Oven

i was born in 70's.. but i do remmy i was in school... i saw cartoon.. yea it was tom jerry.. it continue to late 90! wow.. oh yea i remmy i watch movie star war first movie!

but when i grow up .. later like late 80 or 90 or so.. i read about nixon, end of Vietnam war.. and oil crisis, and Iran hostage..

nixon did resigned before congress or something they plan to impeach him..
nixon did end vietnam war..
oil crisis did mess the price up twice during 70 i think.. maybe i wrong..
Iran took american people until 80 bec of reagan says let them go when i take the office! as he grin.

i wasnt watch tv at all i was too young and play alot just like other kids do..

I watched a LOT of tom n jerry toons plus the three stooges when it was on the wtvk (now wvlt tv) channel at 4 pm.

A few recollections

Movies: American Graffitti, Jaws, Godfather, Star Wars, Rocky, Saturday Night Fever. Some theaters still had double features.

TV: Charlie's Angels, SWAT, Welcome Back Kotter, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy

Didn't like disco then and don't now. ABBA and Donna Summers were all over the radio. BARF!!!

Volkswagen Bettles aka Bugs were everywhere.

LBJ and Truman died within weeks of each other. You also had Watergate and 'Nam POWs returning to the States. I couldn't understand why guys were kissing the ground and then their wives.

Iranian students overran and seized the American Embassy and took 50 hostages. They were held for 444 days and weren't released until Reagan was sworn in as President. Carter's handling of this was a major reason he lost the election.

I joined the Navy in '79. The recruiter wanted me to join their nuclear program, but I just said 'NO!' This was a few months after Three Mile Island meltdown.

ABBA was one of my favourite bands of all time, but I don't listen to them any more though.
I don't listen to anything any more :giggle:

hehe I am a 70's kid!

I remember

*Banana republic and Benetton were very popular back in my time. :aw:
*everyone loves to say "wheres the beef!" :giggle:
*i remember the movie rated are limited like G PG R and X. :eek3:
* a shirt with the collar up <--- I REALLY HATE IT when I see any GUYS do that and i tend to pull their collars down. :giggle:
*lots of PLAIDS clothes or decoration or everywhere. :giggle:

oh boy i sure miss being in 1970's. :aw:

my parent raise in 1970's and my parent graduate in 1970's one each years of my mom graduate in 1976 and my dad in 1971 if im correct or im mistake on my dad's graduate years.

im sure they have no things include:
computers
mircowaves
television
everythings!!!!!!!!!!

im forgot add this ONE! my late grandfather died in 1976 that why

I remember I was a senior, I was wearing a mini-skirt with fish net stockings and black platform shoes, with afro hair. (I had a perm at the time. LOL. I looked terrible...(My mother was right..) Also, I was very thin, I used to weigh 118 and 5'6' tall... My mother didn't like what I was wearing and she told me to go and change my clothes and cut my hair, etc. I told her that it's my decision and that's my body, etc. I was rebel at the time. She decided not to say anything to me. Poor my mother.
When my graduation came, I decided to change myself, I bought a nice new dress.. and got my hair done, that makes my mother happy. I did that. I had my picture taken and a couple of months, I graduated H.S. in 1975, to get my diploma and full 4 years college scholarship.
I went to parties, to the beach (not far from my parents' house. My friends and I played volleyball, we had a cook out with my parents right on the beach, and so on... what wonderful memories we had!!!), and also, went to the concerts a lot. (I went to see The Rolling Stones 5 times, Led Zeppelin 5 times, The Who 4 times, and other bands, with my hearing friends. I had a wonderful, wonderful time with them...)
We rarely watched TV because we always went out all the time and also, we traveled a lot all over the world.

Back