You know you're a 70's kid if.......

SimpleMan

Reaction score
K, I saw the 'you're a 90s kid' thread and I don't know if 70s was done yet, but thought I'd start a thread for it.

Here's a couple to start.

you know you're a 70's kid if:

You had an original GI Joe 'action figure' (He's not a doll!) :lol:
You had a Six Million Dollar Man 'action figure'.
You remember the TV show called 'Zoom' (I think there was a remake of this show in the 90s, but it didn't succeed)
You had Star Wars bubble gum cards (like baseball player cards).
You remember the actor Morgan Freeman being on the Electric Company kids tv show.

(I hope I'm not the only one)

my parents were just tweens/teenagers in the 1970's rofl... so I'd still be a sperm too.

HELLO MUMMY'S EGG!

Same here... swarming somewhere in the entire orbit :cool2:

I survived the 60s and 70s! Surely I missed 1960s and 1970's :(

We do not have computer games, internet, videos, DVD, cell phone, online chats........ - simple is we found friends from outside and play with neighbors children.

No baby/children safety seats, seat belts or air bags.

We spent all the day at outside than at home...

No microwave

I remember my Dad drank beer on the same time he driving...

I love rollskates, bicycle...

I remember my favorite TV
Bonic Woman
six million man
Bunny Bugs and Tom & Jerry Shows.
Dallas
Dynasty
David Cassidy and bunt family
Charlie Angels

My favorite superstars
David Cassidy
Osmond brothers especially Donny

I remember from copy Farrah Fawett's hair style in 70s during Charlie Angel... :giggle:

I wore mini skirt and mini dress... and also legging as well...

Good memory... *smile*

I will be back if I remember or one of you can fresh my memory...

no MICROWAVE?!?!

Yes, it's truth that we don't have microwave... :lol:

Oh yes, I forget to add one more...

Our first color TV was in early 1970s after have black and white color TV for long years since I was 60s baby... :giggle: I never forget how excited I was when I saw color TV... It was first and expensive color TV... like what we have flat LCD TV at 2000s... :giggle:

I was born in 70's!

yea I remembered...

Mork and Mindy (TV show)
Brady Bunch
Little house on the pariare
Happy Days
Laverne and Shirley
3 Company
Gillian Island (not sure if it was shown in 70's)
Cartoons...such as Tom and Jerry, others I don't remember

I remembered the clothing...yuck! yellow, green, orange, mostly dull colors! LOL! Bell pants, odd shirts

Gas price, I am not sure how much it was.

:shock:

no microwaves... i guess that i cant quick warm up on my foods in that decade. DAMN!

It's all about timing :)
Use foil to prevent from burning.

I remember the 70s real well.

Jack Percell's
Led Zeppelin
Tube tops
Disco
Shag hair cut ( I hated it)
Cream Magazine
The Bay City Rollers :roll:
Roller Derby
Kick Knocks ( they were ban)

Ah, the 70's! I was just a gleam in my parent's polyester jumpsuit wearing,
fu-manchu mustache sportin, afro pick plucking, disco duck dancing, eyes.:giggle:

I was in 70s, unfortunately, I was in other country with no memories.

I was born in the 70's, but I think I have more in common with the 90s. However, my family were late bloomers. We didn't get colour TV until the 80s, and our first microwave was late 80s. We used a toaster oven for that sort of thing, and a tea pot to boil water. That was before they started making tea pots out of stuff that will rust if it gets wet. I still rather reheat my pizza in the toaster oven because it's better than the microwave. We had a blue 1974 Ford Pinto in the 70s. We had no air conditioner, central heat was an oil heater in the living room, no vents to other rooms (we replaced it with a fireplace in the 80s).

My mom tells me gas prices in Spokane, Washington (we used to go there a lot for shopping) went up from 30¢/gal to $1.35/gal from 1970-1980.

i remembered my parents told me about the story that they partied so hard, i dont know what it is kind. Its like weeds, musics, peace, and stuffs that make HUGEST party.

I've seen home movies on 8mm film my parents made in the 70s, and it looked like all anybody ever did was have a good time .. hard to imagine doing now!

I was born in the seventies. :) I remember that our tv had these knobs that we had to turn to change the channel. No remote control! :giggle:

Back