You come home...

backerman

Reaction score
... to find your front door has been kicked in and your computer and your digital camera (or something equal to that) has been stolen.

Are you more upset that someone has invaded your personal space and touched stuff that belongs to you? Or that your stuff is gone?

How do you react? Your first thoughts?

First I would be really angry cause my things would be gone, cause if your computer is gone you have to worry about what the private things you have on it and would have to worry about all your email/finances/friends and whatever else. But then after that, I would be more pissed that my home was invaded and worry if something like that would happen again

People who do things like that are really fucked.....

For myself, I wouldn't get mad or upset because I have insurance... :D

YUP it happen to me few years ago before my parents got divorced. I came home from college found door open at my parent's house and realize most of things were gone include my tv in my bedroom, guns in my dad's gun cabinet (include my grandfather's old wesson silver gun i believe that the name), jewelry and they did try steal our 35 inch tv but lucky found it in middle of living room seem they got panic and left the tv on the floor. I found tv remoter on the sidewalk and also found my coins in pillow case bag. OFC i call my parents and called police and no the case hasnt solved.

IT did strike me so upset and angry but just glad i was not there when it happen.

Yes, I'm the same as ^Angel^ as well. I have household insurance.

Hmm...I don't know what I will react, but probably will getting mad and then call my mom to tell her about what happens. She will tell me not to worry because everything will be okay...

If my front door was kicked in, first thing I would do would exit the house immediately and ask my neighbour to call the police because my house would be considered a crime scene, ie. robbery. The police would be able to find prints if I am lucky enough and you just never know if the robbers are still in the house. You just do not want to take any chances at all with your safety.

This one watches too many "CSI" shows!! :aw:

Hmm... well strange thing happened a month ago. We moved from one apt to another apt. We had everything out of old apt except like vacuum cleaner, 2 old computers that aren't even used, and few other small items. Well when I went to go pick up the last load and turn in the keys, I found out someone stole our vacuum cleaner. Nothing else was stolen, not even the 2 old computers. I don't understand. I was so mad cuz I had to spend another $100 on another vacuum cleaner. We still don't know what happened to it.

If stolen items of belong our stuffs gone.. I would be very upsetting more and values things won't be same get new replace it.. Ain't easy for us. Espically computer.. I would be very upsetting more than 110% because need important use emails, checking other stuffs what I use stored it.

Of course, we have insurance but more burden... *sigh* really hate it..

Insurance doesn't matter when it comes to sentimental items. Someone could break into my house and steal my tv's, vcr's, etc., and yeah, I'd be rather pissed, but as far as I'm concerned, they can take whatever they want as long as the things I hold dear to me (sentimental items) are left alone. TV's and vcrs can be replaced, photos can't be.

AlleyCat said:
Insurance doesn't matter when it comes to sentimental items. Someone could break into my house and steal my tv's, vcr's, etc., and yeah, I'd be rather pissed, but as far as I'm concerned, they can take whatever they want as long as the things I hold dear to me (sentimental items) are left alone. TV's and vcrs can be replaced, photos can't be.
Amen!

Our house was broken into a few years ago. Most things could be replaced by insurance (after the deductible). But what upset me the most was the theft of my sterling silver baby things. My great aunt gave them to me when I was born, and they were engraved with my name and birthdate. They included a fork, spoon, and rattle (shaped like a little barbell). I wanted to pass them down to my daughter. But they are gone. :(

I have been broken into many times the issue is this... the ONLY thing that i give a damn abt was my money i was saving up for my trip out to DC for educational purposes, it wasn't stolen but most of my video tapes of me was gone that hurt but the man was caught 6 months later and then he tried to escape and then he was killed in a car wreck after it happened. one less dangerous man but still he should just have served his time and stopped stealing it was mainly for drugs....

and the other time was broken into but nothing stolen....

now we got dogs and poeple ard here so they don't steal or break in.

I'd be upset if my home got broken into.. I would never feel the same with the security.. I would always be watching my back all the time.. If they steal my personal belongings that can never be replaced.. I would be hysterical! such as t.v. couch etc I wouldn't care, (insurance)

One of my friend's room was broken into recently (she lives in halls). She came home from a late night out to find that her laptop was stolen, she was relieved it was only her laptop as her car keys, ditigal camera, tv, freeview were all there within reach.

Although she had insurance, she was very upset because all her photos and her work were on that laptop and she didnt have them saved anywhere else, all her photos lost. She was also worried about the fact that the thief would come back and break in again, she could not sleep by herself in her room, someone had to sleep with her or she slept in someone elses room. It shook her up a lot and took her a while for her to get back to normal again. She has moved out now to a room on the second floor, so shes relieved that she can get back to normal

(takes out my weapon - mop) and hunt down who did it..
hehe.

its no fun to have things stolen.. it sad you even if you dont have household insurance.. eek

Reba said:
Amen!

Our house was broken into a few years ago. Most things could be replaced by insurance (after the deductible). But what upset me the most was the theft of my sterling silver baby things. My great aunt gave them to me when I was born, and they were engraved with my name and birthdate. They included a fork, spoon, and rattle (shaped like a little barbell). I wanted to pass them down to my daughter. But they are gone. :(

:hug:

I'm sorry to hear this, Reba.

I have to say... You guys are right. When it comes to having property stolen, the thing to first be concerned with is your LIFE. Never, ever walk into a place that you suspect has been broken into. Back out, and go to a neighbor and call police. As for the taking of items, you're right. It's taking of the sentimental items that makes you feel the most violated. Just the idea of someone being in your house rummaging through drawers invading YOUR space is enough to make anyone rageful.

I know, because, our house was broken into 15 yrs ago?

Oceanbreeze said:
:hug:

I'm sorry to hear this, Reba.
Thank you.

... It's taking of the sentimental items that makes you feel the most violated. Just the idea of someone being in your house rummaging through drawers invading YOUR space is enough to make anyone rageful.
Yes. It gave me the creeps. I washed ALL our clothing items because I didn't know what they touched. Ugh!

I know, because, our house was broken into 15 yrs ago?
Was anything taken?

Reba said:
Thank you.

Yes. It gave me the creeps. I washed ALL our clothing items because I didn't know what they touched. Ugh!

Was anything taken?

Yes. We had property stolen and cash. The thugs were looking for whatever they could to buy drugs with. We recovered a few of our items from pawn shops later on, but most of what they stole was gone. Later, it turned out to be a gang of HS kids prowling the neighbor. We moved shortly after this.

Ugh!

I never have my house broken in but I have some things that was stolen when I was a student at high school. Yeah I wasn't happy but I had to learn to control myself and report it to the school about it.

Cookie Monster said:
If my front door was kicked in, first thing I would do would exit the house immediately and ask my neighbour to call the police because my house would be considered a crime scene, ie. robbery. The police would be able to find prints if I am lucky enough and you just never know if the robbers are still in the house. You just do not want to take any chances at all with your safety.

This one watches too many "CSI" shows!! :aw:

LOL...same here. ;) I would think the same as you. :D

Back