You come home...

I don't understand why burglars think that the things they steal from the house won't cause the owner(s) pain and those things arent important. They think it's funny or that they think that rich people or others deserve it. Why dont someone steal the burglar's stuff and see how they feel?????

^Angel^ said:
For myself, I wouldn't get mad or upset because I have insurance... :D
so you have insurance... what about the personal belongings.. such as pictures of ur family, or even worse.. ur SSN, etc.. or your long time collection that u worked hard to keep it in nicely shape.

I do have insurance to cover, yet i'll still be pissed off because insurance only pays what it's worth right now.. not how much i pay for it. for example i have 2 year old t.v. that t.v. will probally not be covered by my insurance because its worthless.

i have identy theif insurance which i got this for free due to someone stole 4 computers from my student loan bank which contains everything whole information about me.. and other people as well.

and yeah i will request a police report on what they will do, etc.. and find out who do it.. and appear in court.. and stare on this theif's eyes whole court appearance.

it never happen to me before with the house thing.. but the car thing yeah it happened.. i was totally ticked off.. but i'm glad they found the guy.. and that guy paid all the damage expense and things stolen from my car.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
so you have insurance... what about the personal belongings.. .
Exactly. Insurance does not make up for personal belongings.

I do have insurance to cover, yet i'll still be pissed off because insurance only pays what it's worth right now.. .
I had a friend whose coin collection was stolen. He only got the face value of the collection, not the actual value. That is, suppose you have 200 silver dollars, that collectors would pay $2,000 for. But, the insurance says, 200 silver dollars equals $200, too bad. And then, suppose you have a $500 deductible. Well, you will not collect even one cent for that theft.

You can get special insurance riders (additional) for valuables and collectibles, but that does increase your premium.

in my opinion, insurance is not worth my money. You're wasting money on something that never happens and u end up paying more than what it's worth. Renters insurance isn't worth the money, they only pay less than the value on something that is REALLY worth. It's part of our lives, anyhow.

sequoias said:
in my opinion, insurance is not worth my money. You're wasting money on something that never happens and u end up paying more than what it's worth. Renters insurance isn't worth the money, they only pay less than the value on something that is REALLY worth. It's part of our lives, anyhow.
i second that about renters insurance.. but the other hand of owning a house.. its a wise choice to have insurance, since the damaged door, windows, roof, etc.. they cover the cost of damage items. also many mortgage companies requires you to have homeowners insurance.

sequoias said:
You never know when something awful will happen. Insurance isn't perfect and does not make 100 percent replacement but it is a big help to people who lose everything. So many times I read in the newspaper about families who lose everything in an apartment fire. They had no insurance. Then they have to beg for people to help them get new clothes, furniture, appliances, etc. They should have renters insurance. Sure insurance does pay less than the value on something, but that is better than getting nothing.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
... also many mortgage companies requires you to have homeowners insurance.
Yes. Until the house mortgage is paid off, the house actually belongs to the lender, and they don't want to lose it.

If someone tries to break in my mom's house and I would piss off then I would call the polices quick.

just a tid bit information....

when someone breaks in ur house, apt, etc.. don't i mean DON'T touch ANYTHING! because fingerprints is a big help.. and if you touch something.. that help's gone....

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i second that about renters insurance.. but the other hand of owning a house.. its a wise choice to have insurance, since the damaged door, windows, roof, etc.. they cover the cost of damage items. also many mortgage companies requires you to have homeowners insurance.

German law require Property insurance for every house/apartment owners.

The renter who rent the apartment are also including, too because the landlord or social have to pay property insurance for every renters.

Household insurance, flood insurance, thunderstrom insurance, glass insurance etc. are voluntarily.

Reba said:
You never know when something awful will happen. Insurance isn't perfect and does not make 100 percent replacement but it is a big help to people who lose everything. So many times I read in the newspaper about families who lose everything in an apartment fire. They had no insurance. Then they have to beg for people to help them get new clothes, furniture, appliances, etc. They should have renters insurance. Sure insurance does pay less than the value on something, but that is better than getting nothing.

It's sad that US law did not require property insurance. It's better to have property insurance because of fire etc.

My glass door was damage thru renovation work so I informed insurance company straight way. They come to check our glass door and agreed that it's impossible to repair and then question how it happened etc. They required the invoice where I should replace damage door. I did. They cover full to follow the invoice of new glass door. They also cover new freezer fully due thunderstrom and electricity fix last year because of proof. Insurance company need proof in which list of value items you have. They paid you less of worth items if there're no proof.
My insurance company suggested us to take the picture of furniture and worth goods, etc etc etc then gave them to keep in the file until the case comes.... (fire) then they pay full because there're proof. I have to take the picture if there're renew etc. and give them to insurance company to file...

I beleive US insurance company would pay you full if you have proof thru photos? Better question your insurance company about this.

Reba said:
Yes. Until the house mortgage is paid off, the house actually belongs to the lender, and they don't want to lose it.

:confused:

The house is belong to you after the house mortgage pay off, not lender?

It's you, not lender who pay mortgage house for years until pay off.

Could you please explain clear what exact is. :confused:

Reba said:
Exactly. Insurance does not make up for personal belongings.

Like what I say in my previous post over proof.

I had a friend whose coin collection was stolen. He only got the face value of the collection, not the actual value. That is, suppose you have 200 silver dollars, that collectors would pay $2,000 for. But, the insurance says, 200 silver dollars equals $200, too bad. And then, suppose you have a $500 deductible. Well, you will not collect even one cent for that theft.

You can get special insurance riders (additional) for valuables and collectibles, but that does increase your premium.

Very sad and unfair... :(

Reba said:
Amen!

Our house was broken into a few years ago. Most things could be replaced by insurance (after the deductible). But what upset me the most was the theft of my sterling silver baby things. My great aunt gave them to me when I was born, and they were engraved with my name and birthdate. They included a fork, spoon, and rattle (shaped like a little barbell). I wanted to pass them down to my daughter. But they are gone. :(

I'm very sorry to hear about this. :( I can image it's hurt feeling to lose value things you can't replace. :(

Liebling:-))) said:

Could you please explain clear what exact is. :confused:
basically its the lender's house. and yes you still own the house.. but you're making payments toward the lender. really the lender bought the house for you.. and u have to pay them back. once you don't make payments.. lender has rights to take the house away from you. cuz its basically their house.. on their money.

liebling- i'm surprised germany law requires those.. and i didn't know they have thunderstorm insurance.

here in USA. if you are having mortgage.. its normally required to have insurance.. we normally have 1 insurance that covers everything from theif, damage due to nature(except flood), frozen pipes.. and anything that's not ur fault. also covers when someone got hurt at ur home. and if ravensteve sue you for been hurt at ur home insurance cover it if he wins.

however you have an option to have flood insurance (most people don't need flood insurance) if you live near a river.

...I beleive US insurance company would pay you full if you have proof thru photos? Better question your insurance company about this.
Photos and receipts are helpful but not always required. The amount you get paid depends on the kind of insurance. There are two kinds: 1. full replacement value, or 2. fair market value.

Suppose someone steals your 27" TV that is 15 years old. Its "fair market value" is the amount you could get if you sold that TV, maybe $20. Its "full replacement value" could be $400 to buy a new 27" TV.

Full market value is better coverage but the monthly premiums cost more. The buyers have to decide what is best for their situations.

Also, it depends on the deductible. If the homeowner has a $500 deductible, and the TV is worth $400, then the homeowner gets nothing.

We have a $1,000 deductible. That keeps our monthly rates lower. That is the reason we did not make an insurance claim for the lightning damage to our house electronics last year. The total cost was less than $1,000.

Also, if you submit too many claims, too often, your insurance rates can increase, or the company can cancel your policy. Insurance companies don't like frequent-claim clients.

After I pay off my mortgage in full, then the house belongs to me completely, unless I neglect to pay my property taxes. If I don't pay the taxes, the house can be taxen by the state and auctioned.

I pay the mortgage to the lender/bank. The lender/bank owns the house until it is fully paid off. If I don't pay my mortgage, the house can be taken by the bank and sold for auction.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. :( I can image it's hurt feeling to lose value things you can't replace. :(
Yes. Some things are worth more than money.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
...when someone breaks in ur house, apt, etc.. don't i mean DON'T touch ANYTHING! because fingerprints is a big help....
The police didn't check for fingerprints in the two break-ins that we had. They said it was kids that broke in, and minor kids' fingerprints were not kept on file.

I remember when my friend's car was broken into. The thief stole his camera equipment. The police dusted the interior and exterior of his car. What a mess! Black powder everywhere!

Back