Votes: 43 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

racheleggert

Reaction score
Any opnion on marrying an foreginer? Please no bashing or point finger to particular race group, thanks! I hope that this thread is much better than my other thread. I hope that this thread isn't too offensive like other thread. I am trying to be nice.

If I love him, then of course I will marry him regardless his citizenship.

My husband considers me as a "foreigner" because I have citizenship to Finland.

I know a Russian-born American citizen deaf friend who fell in love with a Brazilian deaf man.
I know a French deaf woman who married an American Deaf man.
I know plenty of people that married foreigners. I live in SAn Diego so a lot of people here are married to Latin Americans (Mexico, Guatmelan, et cetera).

Thats good to hear. I don't have any judgmental against your decesion. It is 258 to hear from people and which country citizens they are married to.

I am a foreigner married to an American. Did I marry him to get a US citizenship? No, I didn't. He and I got married out of love.

I'm very historian part of foreigner background from my family..

I'm very happy w/my man who part of heritage foreigner related his relatives too.

Yep. It doesn't matter who I marry as long as I marry someone who makes me happy (and I make her happy).

That said, I have a weakness for certain foreign women. That Yulia Tymoshenko? Yum. She's an economist too! (Shh on her politics)

Smart women make Endymion go ga-ga.

Is this thread better than previous thread that I made? I noticed that people are much happier here in this thread.

As for me- I haven't dated any foreigners, but I prefer to be married or dating a US citizen unless there is good reason. If I find my man to be citizendigger- hes out of my life, no offense.

racheleggert said:
Is this thread better than previous thread that I made? I noticed that people are much happier here in this thread.

As for me- I haven't dated any foreigners, but I prefer to be married or dating a US citizen unless there is good reason. If I find my man to be citizendigger- hes out of my life, no offense.

Yes, it does look good-- ;)

As for me...whether or not anyone would consider an angel a 'foreigner'... :lol: ;)

Seeing others of various cultures dating, to me, that's their business and all I can hope is if it goes further than dating, wishes them all the best and that it's love which is what holds them together despite their cultures, etc.,.... :)

Judging by the direction of the thread, your concept of "foreigners" refers to non U.S. citizens. I'm happy to see how the interpretation of your question played out.

I'm not concerned about the legal status of my partner as much as I am about being happy with him. No, not just happy, but head over heels in love and utterly, completely crazy for him. It'd have to be mutual too!

voted ; MAYBE

like some said, whoever makes me happy and i can make him happy. doesn't matter where they come from.

to marry a foreigner, you have to be head over heel in love and willing to content with living in two different countries..... thats mean you or your partner are more likely going to miss home.

I voted maybe...

I wouldn't mind marrying an European girl -- but, I don't do Internet-dating...

To be more bold, all of us except for the Native Americans are from "foreign" blood. Just a little fyi.

I am 1/3 Italian, 1/3 American and 1/3 Puerto Rican and, even thou I was born in New York City. Does that means I am a foreigner since I am an American ? :lol:

Some thinks that I am fully Italian... some thinks that I am fully Puerto Rican. I guess, my hereditary fools them. :rofl: Sorry, I had to laugh ! lol

Well, I've never dated to black, chinese, asian guys or what ever that are " foreigners " ... never experienced one myself, except white.

Endymion said:
That said, I have a weakness for certain foreign women. That Yulia Tymoshenko? Yum. She's an economist too! (Shh on her politics)
Oooh! Very nice, as long as she's not discussing any numbers! :lol: As for me, Ann Curry makes me go ga-ga. ;)

Seriously though; I'd prefer to date U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The real trick to it all is that I'm not too picky on what ethnicity they are, or even if they're born here. And yes, they'd have a modicum of intelligence. But, hey, if I do find a special connection with someone a continent away, I could do it comfortably.

me_punctured said:
I'm not concerned about the legal status of my partner as much as I am about being happy with him. No, not just happy, but head over heels in love and utterly, completely crazy for him. It'd have to be mutual too!
For a minute there, I thought you found a special someone? The comment, boldfaced above, gives me pause. However, I will gladly err on the side of caution and wish you heartfelt congratulations. And please do give me more details, so I can plot the guy's sudden demise. :lol:

Generally speaking, you're correct. True love will easily span ethnic boundaries, 1,000's of miles, bridge completely disparate cultures, and bring two special individuals into a blessed union. Just as easily, true love can find smitten couples living a block apart in the same town in Anytown, USA, and a casual glance is usually all that is required.

Eyeth said:
For a minute there, I thought you found a special someone? The comment, boldfaced above, gives me pause. However, I will gladly err on the side of caution and wish you heartfelt congratulations. And please do give me more details, so I can plot the guy's sudden demise. :lol:

Touché, Monsieur Eyeth, touché.

I thought I had typed in "my hypothetical partner", but I was thinking that it sounded somewhat highfaluting in its way and opted for "my future partner" instead. Somehow I never got around to fulfilling my mission!

Whether I have already found that special someone shall remain a mystery to the public eyes of AD.com. Bwahahahaha!

It is much more fun to marry foreigner, as our children are lucky to have dual citzenship - two passports, and can live and work in Europe or Australia/NZ.

And they are lucky to travel further to visit them on holiday, one disadvantage is they don't see one family regular.

And it is interesting to see which country they support in sports such as Rugby - etc :)

Back