Would you date a hearie

I'm sure you have good reasons buy I find that line of thinking offensive, "thats how hearing people think" whats the difference in that and people saying thats how black people think

Look, you seem like a nice person, but you're out of touch on this one.

I've had several hearing people and guys approach me. When I come to the point of telling them that I'm deaf and explaining to them a bit about Cochlear Implant, they're usually cool with it and did usually ask me more about it. All of this is conducted in spoken language.

There were few incidents of guys coming up to me and speaking to me. And guess what? I couldn't even understand them half of the time! >.< They were just mumbling or don't move their lips much =/

feel free to contribute this thread - http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/85299-bluffing.html

I'm sure you have good reasons buy I find that line of thinking offensive, "thats how hearing people think" whats the difference in that and people saying thats how black people think

First: You shouldn't be offended. I'm not trying to offend. There's no better thinking styles - black, deaf, or hearing.

Second: It's our thinking - we're much more blunt culturally, we're more touchy-feely as opposed to the hearing population - one of many features of being deaf..

Third - Many deaf people wouldnt want to waste time with a hearing person that is insecure of the deaf, so they naturally bring in the "second comment in this post" and be blunt from the get-go.

You shouldnt be offended... like i said. :)

The question was about approaching a hearing woman, not the other way around.

Oh, I'd do it. And I have.

See: HOW you do it is the key element here. Sometimes girls are drunk and they're talking t you.... Gotta get the point across. They go "oh". Some go "Wow awesome" and get a paper/pen. Some go "WTF dude - why make me look like a fool?"

*shrugs*

...I've had several hearing people and guys approach me. When I come to the point of telling them that I'm deaf .... they're usually cool with it =/

when I had all my hearing I would have been cool with a girl ( that i was approaching) being deaf. only thing is I would have had no idea how to inpress her.

But in all honesty.. I dont really have that problem. Pretty much every time I go out I see people who sign (hearing or deaf). Or they come to me, like flies.

Blank Canvas - Care to share your observations from hanging out with me? Pwetty please?

when I had all my hearing I would have been cool with a girl ( that i was approaching) being deaf. only thing is I would have had no idea how to inpress her.

Lol, spend some time in this forum and I'll wager you'll get an idea how. xD LOL LOL LOL

ok well thats why I am here to bridge the gap and to understand what I don't, how are we not all human beings thats what I believe

That's okay. I am happy that you're here, but remember that acquiring a new perspective usually entails questioning or changing your previous perspective, not trying to apply it to every situation.

But in all honesty.. I dont really have that problem. Pretty much every time I go out I see people who sign (hearing or deaf). Or they come to me, like flies.

because you're delicious as a 2 feet long poop, full of methane bacteria, cellulose, and other undigested materials.

Back