World War III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really beleive that WWIII will come? I don't.

Dennis said:
There is zero mention of "Russia" or anything that can be attributed to Russia in Ezekiel. You can interpret that passage to mean anything from Russia to America. You're just grasping for a scenario that could possibly fit your biblical prophecies, just so you can say, "I told you so! Believe in God or go to Hell!"

That's YOUR contribute. Go and find a history what " Russia " used to be called before.

It will come simply over the scarcity of resources that plague us now. Oil and water believe it or not are the two main ones but there are others as well. It possible that alternative forms of energy can replace oil but it is not definite. Water on the other hand is plentiful in the ocean but not easily converted into fresh water. There are many places in the world that are very critically short of water. It takes an viable economic system to deliever enough water to a very impoverish population and often growing one at that.

Add the chaos of immigration throughout the world where it can break countries up into smaller entities and you have enough to provide a spark to get WWIII going...the haves against the have nots, religious disagreements, and economic systems. Care to light a match?

Well, there's never a peace in the whole world. This world is full of greedy, unforgivin', cold hearts and hatred - I believe it has to do with different religions that caused it. Too many " want their own way ".

offical WW III is nuclear war! it based on Nuclear War....

right now we are fighting called " holy war" that is what terrors describe the war!

and yes there will be the Peace .. World peace when all countries become 1 ... 1 govement . 1 language , 1 religious , 1 currney and 1 Law.

google New World Order ! and u will see

skynet said:
offical WW III is nuclear war! it based on Nuclear War....

right now we are fighting called " holy war" that is what terrors describe the war!

and yes there will be the Peace .. World peace when all countries become 1 ... 1 govement . 1 language , 1 religious , 1 currney and 1 Law.

google New World Order ! and u will see

Yep, that will be in AntiChrist's time. True-believers who are faithful to God won't be there to see New World Order. But, we will see " glimpse " of it in some places such as " ink " fingerprint at some bank for cashin' checks, national ID cards, survelliance cameras on public streets/freeways/highways, all religions join together as " emunieum " ( sp ?? ), some churches started fallin' apart, cults growin', and many more. They are all around us now. To me, they are just like wolves preyin' on sheep.

Prepare for Jesus Christ's comin' ! :)

Since no one knows exactly when will this occur,
but some of us have seen some signs about
when time is very near to the end...
For example, if we see
too many problems such as
too many Floods appearing widespread all over
the US plus Hurricanes, Fires etc destroying
something like Warnings.
Thats my opinion. Thats all for now.

All I do is not to worry about the world's problems, and let's party!

Who wants to :cheers: with me?

faNatic said:
All I do is not to worry about the world's problems, and let's party!

Who wants to :cheers: with me?

Yeah I am with you. I am not worried about the world's problem!

CyberRed said:
That's YOUR contribute. Go and find a history what " Russia " used to be called before.

Hey, CyberRed, I love to contribute to Truth and Justice, as opposed to your Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. Thanks for playing the, "I love being educated by someone smarter than me!" game!

Russia, in it's history, has never been referred to as "Magog" or "Gog" or any other variation that you'd like to try. The bible is so generic that names can refer to anyone, and since I guess the author assumed everyone would know what he was talking about he never described them in detail. They were simply God-forsaken enemies of Israel, and boy, do those Israelites love to fight and kill in the name of their loving, merciful God.

Chew on this religious site that puts some great perspective on your chosen verses.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06628a.htm

Of course, the (greatly despised by Christians) Wikipedia has some great notes about Gog and Magog. Tons of cites to original material excerpted in Wiki, so no need to take my word or Wiki's words at face value.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog

So, we have references in the Bible that Gog and Magog refer to:

1) A person
2) A tribe / race
3) A place
4) Nations at the four corners of the earth

Quite consistent, the Bible is! So, I guess we grew from one Magog to a tribe of Magog to a land of Magog to everyone being of Gog and Magog. Uh huh. Except those pesky Christians, of course. Curses! :)

CyberRed said:
Yep, that will be in AntiChrist's time. True-believers who are faithful to God won't be there to see New World Order. But, we will see " glimpse " of it in some places such as " ink " fingerprint at some bank for cashin' checks, national ID cards, survelliance cameras on public streets/freeways/highways, all religions join together as " emunieum " ( sp ?? ), some churches started fallin' apart, cults growin', and many more. They are all around us now. To me, they are just like wolves preyin' on sheep.

Prepare for Jesus Christ's comin' ! :)

AMEN.. that is very true. but we dont know when time come .. NO men know .. but only god know.

non- believers will be left behind. they have ot accept the " Mark by the beast" if not then they get their head cut off.

there More going on this world .. u know the clone is illegal to created human right .. but there secret group who is creating clone that can sense human fear, future , their tho , where they go " physic alike." those clone kinda scare me.

and also China is waiting for us to HIT .. after we send all our troops to China and then Russian will send all their troops to america. Good bye America Defense!

VamPyroX said:
I hope we have World War III! It would be awesome to see a bunch of cities being nuked!

;)

That is upalling and horrible to say. Dont ever say that, do you have a heart?

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

:Ohno:

Dennis said:
Hey, CyberRed, I love to contribute to Truth and Justice, as opposed to your Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. Thanks for playing the, "I love being educated by someone smarter than me!" game!

My Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt ? I don't think so. I have my own faith in Christ, believe in His Every Word and I trust Him. There's no head games playin', dude.

Russia, in it's history, has never been referred to as "Magog" or "Gog" or any other variation that you'd like to try. The bible is so generic that names can refer to anyone, and since I guess the author assumed everyone would know what he was talking about he never described them in detail. They were simply God-forsaken enemies of Israel, and boy, do those Israelites love to fight and kill in the name of their loving, merciful God.

Table of Nations in Genesis 10:2. This is where we first see these names appear.

Many ancient sources have clearly identified "Magog" as referring to the "Scythians" which were the ancestors of the Russians.

One of the earliest references to Magog was by Hesiod, "the father of Greek didactic poetry" who identified Magog with the Scythians and southern Russia in the 7th century B.C. Hesiod was a contemporary of Ezekiel.

In the 5th century B.C. Herodotus of Harlicarnassus, known as "Father of History" wrote extensively about the the Scythians, and how they terrorized the southern steepes of Russia from the 10th century B.C. to the 3rd Century B.C.

"No one confronting them can escape on foot, and if they wish not to be discovered it is impossible to engage with them. The reason is that they do not build towns or fortresses, but all of them are mounted archers and carry their homes with them... How can they fail to be invincible, and immune from attack?" - Herodotus, 5th century B.C.
Another well known source is Josephus Flavius, who records that the Magogians were called "Scythians" by the Greeks.

"Magog founded the Magogians, thus named after him, but who were by the Greeks called Scythians."
"But even the Scythians, who delight in murdering people and are little better than wild beasts, nevertheless think it their duty to uphold their national customs." - Josephus Flavius, 1st century A.D.

Philo, is another in the 1st century who identifies Magog with southern Russia.

The Great Wall of China, in an 8th century reference, was called:
Sud Yagog et Magog "The Rampart of Gog and Magog."

The Moslems refer to Gog and Magog as Vadjudj wa madjudj in the Koran.

"Herodotus recounts many bizarre and savage practices of the descendants of Magog known as the Scythians: they drank the blood of the first enemy killed; they carried the heads of their victims to their chiefs; they scalped their enemies and used their scalps as "napkins"; they used the skins of their victims to cover their quivers; they drank from the skulls of their victims; they practiced blood brotherhood by drinking each other's blood mixed with wine. The Scythians "bathed" in the vapor from heated hemp seeds. When their king died they sacrificed one of his concubines and several servants . After a year, they commemorated his death by sacrificing fifty servants and fifty horses. ... Rough bunch, these Scyths."

The tortuous path from the horseback archery of the early Scyths to the nuclear missles of the Russian Federation includes many centuries of turbulent history. The various descendents of Magog terrorized the southern steepes of Russia from the Ukraine to the Great Wall of China." (The Magog Invasion - Chuck Missler - pg 30-31)

In the New Testament the word Scythian occurs once. Paul is stressing the point that even people with the most diverse backgrounds can still be one in Christ.

"Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision,
Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all." Colossians 3:11
Ancient authorities clearly identify the Scythians as the ancestors of the present day Russians.
However, even without that information. The identity of Magog is not too difficult to figure out.
In Ezekiel 38:15, it says: "And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou,
and many people with thee ..." The "north parts" is literally the "extreme, or uttermost" parts of the north.

Among the Allies

"..... Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee." Ezekiel 38:3-6

Persia = Iran
The main ally listed is Persia. The identification of "Persia" includes the descendents of Elam, the 1st son of Shem and is modern Iran. The name "Persia" is first encountered as Parsua in Assyrian texts of the 9th century B.C. The official name of the country became Iran in 1935, as a cognate of Aryan.

Cush = Ethiopia
This refers to the land south of Egypt, usually translated Ethiopia. Originally Cush referred to a piece of territory lying between the 2nd and 3rd cataracts of the Nile. Later it became a broader area known as Nubia. In broad, connotative usage, it is generally viewed as embracing "Black Africa".

Phut (or Put) = Libya
The 3rd son of Ham. Josephus identifies him as the founder of Libya whose inhabitants were originally known as "the Putties." In a connotative sense, it is associated with "North Africa" populated by the Berbers and tribes distinct from Cush, and thus, reaches from Libya to Mauratania and the Mahgreb: Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco.

Gomer = the Cimmerians / Germany
In the Babylonian Talmud, the Biblical Gomer, the father of Ashkenaz, is rendered Germania or Germany. Gomer is also associated with the people referred to in nonbiblical sources as the Cimmerians. (Akkadian: Gimmiraia, Greek: Kimmerioi) who eventually established themselves in the Rhine and Danube valleys. Riphath, another son of Gomer, is identified by Josephus as associated with the Paplagonians.

Togarmah = Turkic Tribes / Armenia
Another son of Gomer. The Assyrians called them Til-Garimmu, a name derived from the Hittite city of Tegarama and carried into classical times as Gauraema. (modern Gurun), 70 miles west of Malayta. The city was destroyed by Sennacherib in 695 B.C. Josephus refers to them as Phrygians. The Armenians still refer to themselves as "The House of Togarmah" even to this day, although they are only one of the Turkic people descending from these ancient tribes. The tribal associations also appear to include Turkey and Turkestan.

Meshech & Tubal = ancient Anatolia / Turkey
Meshech: The 6th son of Japath; identified with the ancient Mushki of the Assyrians and the Muschoi of the classical Greek writers. The Assyrian inscriptions describe them as inhabiting Phrygia in Northern Anatolia (modern Turkey). Herodotus identifies the Mushki with the mountains southeast of the Black Sea or the Northeast part of Turkey. Josephus also identifies the descendents of Meshech as dwelling in Eastern Turkey. Many also link the names with Mushkovi, the old name for Russia.
Tubal: The 5th son of Japath and brother of Meshech. 9th century B.C. Assyrian inscriptions refer to it as Tabal, West of Meshech in Eastern Anatolia. Geographical neighbors, they became allies against the Assyrians in 713 B.C. The classical Greek writers called them the Tibareni and the Moschi. Herodotus also places them both along the Southeast shores of the Black Sea. Some associate it with Tobolsk of Russia.

Chew on this religious site that puts some great perspective on your chosen verses.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06628a.htm

Of course, the (greatly despised by Christians) Wikipedia has some great notes about Gog and Magog. Tons of cites to original material excerpted in Wiki, so no need to take my word or Wiki's words at face value.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog

So, we have references in the Bible that Gog and Magog refer to:

1) A person
2) A tribe / race
3) A place
4) Nations at the four corners of the earth

Quite consistent, the Bible is! So, I guess we grew from one Magog to a tribe of Magog to a land of Magog to everyone being of Gog and Magog. Uh huh. Except those pesky Christians, of course. Curses! :)

Wikipedia is not 100% accurate. I don't use Wikipedia. Sorry !

Do your own homework to check on these famous men I just provided above.

people been saying end of the world for centuries...at the end of each century, many people say "The end of the world is now at hand.." For example, the infamous Y2K which didnt happen at year 2000.

People been saying nuclear world war will happen since the atomic bomb dropped on Japan back in 1945....Many world govts know that if start nuking another country, then thats the end of humankind...so chances are they won't go that far becuz they also will be nuked to kingdom come so why nuke another country if you will also die and not enjoy your conquest??

But water and oil is becoming big issues now and will become even more important in the future...I cant believe we have 6 billion people walking on this earth and how can we keep feeding and watering all these people with limited resources such as water, food/land and oil (for cars/fertilizers/electricity) ??

Now its time to relax and drink a beer ... :cheers:

SB_GB_4ever said:
That is upalling and horrible to say. Dont ever say that, do you have a heart?
It's simply sarcasm.

In reality, the only people do nowadays in this world is... fight.

If we had a huge war, we would advance in technology quickly. That's how it's always happened in the past. :)

VamPyroX said:
It's simply sarcasm.

In reality, the only people do nowadays in this world is... fight.

If we had a huge war, we would advance in technology quickly. That's how it's always happened in the past. :)

I think that's only true in the cases where the technological civilization wins. There have been cases where that civilization loses, and thus technology / education / advancement of society loses out.

Dennis said:
I think that's only true in the cases where the technological civilization wins. There have been cases where that civilization loses, and thus technology / education / advancement of society loses out.
That's true... but the winning technology is eventually shared and the losing technology is eventually improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back