women cannot ask men out

However I know that many girls are pursuing men. Many boys complain that girls are being too aggressive. I think there is a fine line there. Boys complain that girls call them way too much. My friend's 13 year old son is goodlooking and gets calls from 2 to 4 different girls every single day. He is not even interested in girls!

I am starting to change my opinion about women asking men out - but I think it should be handled carefully not to leave wrong impressions like Shel mentioned. Unfortunately we women still deal with rude labels and double standards and that can frighten some of us like me for example.

However I know that many girls are pursuing men. Many boys complain that girls are being too aggressive. I think there is a fine line there. Boys complain that girls call them way too much. My friend's 13 year old son is goodlooking and gets calls from 2 to 4 different girls every single day. He is not even interested in girls!

I am starting to change my opinion about women asking men out - but I think it should be handled carefully not to leave wrong impressions like Shel mentioned. Unfortunately we women still deal with rude labels and double standards and that can frighten some of us like me for example.

Let look the fact is that teenager under 18 is still too young to make the decision on their own. They are not mature as an adult yet. Too many girls ask one boy out is therefore the teen dating game.

The boy would think it's not cool to have girls ask him out. But when he grew up as an adult he will come to a reality that life has changed that it's the 21st century and it's woman's turn to ask men out.

^^ :lol:

Ok, girls ... what lines would you like to hear from men?

Do you want them to be straightforward and get to the point, instead of cheesy/corny lines?

I would like hear cheesy lines sometimes but i want them to be straightforward.

So if one asked me out and we get serious, then I should expect her to be the breadwinner of the household... Maybe I'll learn to love to watch Soap Operas and gossip with my girlfriends and gay friends on the fone... :giggle:

I have been asked by several girls before. But the practice still is highly frowned upon.

i'd rather hang out with a guy before an actual date date. i find that if i just go on a date things get awkward and they never really work out. so it really doesn't matter who does the asking part.

i'd rather hang out with a guy before an actual date date. i find that if i just go on a date things get awkward and they never really work out. so it really doesn't matter who does the asking part.

Same here.

I think asking men out is like women wearing the pants. I think that we have different roles. I think men should be confident to ask serious women out. Women should try to return the interest by flirting a little to show men interest that it's okay to talk to them if you're interested.

I think it's different today because today it's all about dating whomever fancy them and as much as you can before settling down seriously. In the past, men knew it was them to ask serious women out for a wife.

I think people have it confused that dating is the only way to get to know people, but it's not. You can just talk to them normal before deciding whether or not they are right for you to ask the person out formally.

I think it's weird for women to ask men out. I think it's men's role to ask women out.

For those who think it is the men's role to ask women out, is it also the men's role to be the breadwinner and the women stay home to take care of the house and kids?

For those who think it is the men's role to ask women out, is it also the men's role to be the breadwinner and the women stay home to take care of the house and kids?

No, mostly old fashion. I want to be high school teacher.

In my heart, I do find it odd but in my logical mind, I do not find it odd. Weird, heh? Maybe I am the odd one! :giggle:

No, not odd at all. Your heart tells you what you were told to believe, and your mind tells you what makes sense. They aren't always the same thing.

So, as a man...pls share what does the male population think of women asking men out.? Do they want to be asked out sometime or just a certain few, like yourself? We, women, are afraid of looking like aggressive sluts when we ask men out (not all women but myself and many of my girlfriends have discussed this).

There have been studies done on this, believe it or not. The results indicate that men like it when women take the initiative and ask them out. They get tired of the pressure always being on the man, and him always having to be the one to risk rejection.

So, come on ladies, let's give those men a break, and be assertive!

There have been studies done on this, believe it or not. The results indicate that men like it when women take the initiative and ask them out. They get tired of the pressure always being on the man, and him always having to be the one to risk rejection.

So, come on ladies, let's give those men a break, and be assertive!

Yea? Strange that many men complain about women being too agressive by asking them out. Pride, perhaps?

Yea? Strange that many men complain about women being too agressive by asking them out. Pride, perhaps?

Yeppers! Gotta keep up that macho image, and part of that is saying what they think people expect a "real" man to say!

Hmmm...I ain't no macho. :P If you want me to be aggressive, so be it....but I kinda suck at that. LOL

Back