women cannot ask men out

Pinky, this is my point. I am not doubting you, I KNOW from personal experience, that you are wrong. There are examples of women on here IN THIS THREAD that have also proven you wrong. You said these exact words: "women CAN'T ask men out. Men ALWAYS ask women out first." Those words are wrong and I have proven it. Perhaps those men that you asked out didn't like YOU and not the fact that you asked them out. I personally really dont care about your life story. I'm not against your opinion, men can ask women out all they want to, but that is not the point I am getting at. I found it insulting that you would say that women are incapable of stepping up and going to a man with their feelings.

What you don't get is that you made a false statement. It is completely false that women are not able to ask men out first. It is completely false that men always ask out women first. You are married and therefore have been "out of the game" so what exactly do you know about single people nowadays?

I disagree with you! You kept called me WRONG! You're judge on my opinion! Can you see everyone women this thread. They do comfort for men to ask them for go out. You think I am all WRONG?? No you're all WRONG! We are not the SAME!!! Everyone are different. I am old fashioned! I am follow the traditional. You have to respect my view! Moonflower said 21 century for women ask men for go out. I was alike whatever. I didn't know that. :dunno: You think I got fake statement?? You're WRONG!

So are you married or engaged or in the relationship???? :hmm:

Go check it out.

How to Get a Man to Marry You - wikiHow

How to Avoid Being an Obsessive Girlfriend - wikiHow

Search for 'Man ask woman for go out' - wikihow

Tell me what do you think???

"Sometimes, it’s not a bad idea to make the first move. If you feel that your date is too shy, make the first move. It may help him step up then take over from there. Don’t be scared to take risks and turn it into opportunities!" I got this off from a website.

I disagree with you! You kept called me WRONG! You're judge on my opinion! Can you see everyone women this thread. They do comfort for men to ask them for go out. You think I am all WRONG?? No you're all WRONG! We are not the SAME!!! Everyone are different. I am old fashioned! I am follow the traditional. You have to respect my view! Moonflower said 21 century for women ask men for go out. I was alike whatever. I didn't know that. :dunno: You think I got fake statement?? You're WRONG!

Go check it out.

Allright,

"Show confidence. Be sure of yourself, and ready to tackle whatever is before you. Many men love confident women. How can a man not feel privileged when he earns the esteem of a woman who values herself so highly?"

"Remember that romance runs both ways. If you want to be respected and treated as an equal, do the same for him. Be romantic. Make him want to be in this relationship. Don't be a cheapskate. Men often enjoy romance too; pretending otherwise will only drive him away."

Hm.. such as being confident enough to go up to a man yourself and asking him out instead of waiting for him to say something? Or, since romance runs both ways that it is perfectly fine for a woman to take the lead and ask a man out? Make him want to be in the relationship by showing that you are interested first?

"Just because he's not looking at you, doesn't mean he's not thinking about you."

So why not go over there to that guy and ask him whats up?

And most importantly:

"Real woman don't mindlessly follow guides. Pick up aspects that you like and use them, go ahead and edit out the bad parts."

All are direct quotes taken from the links that you have provided. Thank you for providing them to help prove my point.

Go check it out.

There is no right or wrong about either sexes in asking whoever out on dates.

My 2 single adult daughters are testament to the fact that it is true regarding women asking men out and they have done it too. Good on them!

Oh, I almost forgot

I am happily dating wonderful man that I went up and talked to first. He joined the peace corps to go help children in africa learn math. I met him in one of my classes and then once I saw him at a bar in town I decided to go up and ask him out on a date. We've been together for 5 years.

Let forget about argue ok? I am glad that you understand. And you're welcome. I am happy for you to have a wonderful man. If you're comfort to ask him for go out. Then it's fine. That's nice of him joined to Peace Corp to help with children for education in Africa. :) Me and my husband are together for 4 half years. We just got married last month ago. We are married for 1 half month. LoL

Oh, I almost forgot

I am happily dating wonderful man that I went up and talked to first. He joined the peace corps to go help children in africa learn math. I met him in one of my classes and then once I saw him at a bar in town I decided to go up and ask him out on a date. We've been together for 5 years.

I am old-fashion when it comes to dating. I prefer the man to ask me out and make the first moves. I think its kinda cute when a guy is shy and he asks to hold my hand makes my heart melt. That's my preference it might not work for everyone.

I know in this day and age, women do ask men out and pay for dates. Just like Sequioas mentioned some women propose marriage to the man. It depends on the person how they feel and are comfortable with that.

The relationship is between the two people what they feel is right for them without others meddling. Each couple is different with all due respects.

Last edited:
Same here. When i was 22 years old. I met my husband at work. He was such shyness. He really likes me a lot. He think I am beautiful and great personality for him. I made him smile. I was hide flirt with him. He flirt with me too. I seem he is such nice! I asked him to hang out and go out of eat. He though I mention about dating. I never mention about "date" He got me for date at out of eat at Japanese Restaurant. He asked me if I would like to go bowling alley with him. He got a free coupons from his college. I was said it's fine. We dated for 2 weeks. He asked me for go out first. I said that's fine! He wanted me to kiss him first. LoL That's amazing memories ever I had! It make me joy!

I am old-fashion when it comes to dating. I prefer the man to ask me out and make the first moves. I think its kinda cute when a guy is shy and he asks to hold my hand makes my heart melt. That's my preference it might not work for everyone.

I know in this day and age, women do ask men out and pay for dates. Just like Sequioas mentioned some women propose marriage to the man. It depends on the person how they feel and are comfortable with that.

The relationship is between the two people what they feel is right for them without others meddling. Each couple is different with all due respects.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are married - who did the asking? You or your significant other?

I did the asking, and here we are, together for more than 2 years, few more months until our 1 year anniversary. :D

Most people follow taboo. (Men always ask women out, or Men always ask women to marry)
Just go with the flow.
If woman ask man out first, that's good.
If man ask woman out first, that's good.

Does that mean...

If a woman ask man for marriage, that's good..
If a man ask women for marriage, that's good..

What is everyone's opinion on the marriage part, whether gender the person may be. I personally think that is great if a woman has the courage to ask a man for his hand in marriage.. heh

So, as a man...pls share what does the male population think of women asking men out.? Do they want to be asked out sometime or just a certain few, like yourself? We, women, are afraid of looking like aggressive sluts when we ask men out (not all women but myself and many of my girlfriends have discussed this).

Very true...

Let me share about my old time which different at present time... At my time, the guys get wrong head when girls make first move to ask them out... Yes we would get faint with shock if we learn that a girl ask a guy for out... because it's uncommon for a girl to ask a guy out... that's why we women wait for them to ask us out first because we want them aware that we are not "sluts". I spot a guy, I really like... I cannot ask him out... so I know how to make him to ask me out. :giggle:

At present time... wow total different than my old time... I really have no opinion on this... example: learn from internet, TV, real life situation etc. I learn from look my both teenage boys' experience... :shock: total different... It's like acceptance.... without call them slut, hure, etc... Example: unwed mothers... , prosituties, ask a guy out... sex at first date... ask guy to marry her... etc.

However, I am married and I can ask my hubby on a date anytime. I treated him to a nice date 2 weeks ago with seafood dinner and dancing all paid for by me.

Ditto... I see why not... I did the same thing to surprise my hubby... as the same he did to me...

I think some men go thru the same fears of rejection so in my opinion, I dont think it is fair to lay all the responsibility on them. This is the 21st century after all. Just my 2 cents. :)

*nodding agreement*

That's the thing...sometimes old fashioned views have to "go"! Life is too short..and rejection is not the end of the world, isnt it. Sure, it hurts as hell but it fades over time but at least we can live with the peace of knowing that we tried instead of wondering? Hope that makes sense.

Yes, that's right.

Everyone is different.

The world is changing. People change their habits, traditions, preferences, etc.

Some men are old-fashioned and prefer men-ask-women-only.

Some men are modern and don't care.

I've even met some women who are turned off when men ask them out cuz it seems that men think women are helpless and shouldn't do the asking out. Sadly, a lot of these women are still single. :roll:

Yes each person is different.

Are you tell me that woman cannot ask men out? Then how can woman ask woman? :lol:

It's obviously, women does know how to ask out with their awesome guts. I'm proud of you, LauraHam. You have broke your own barrier. Why don't more women ought do that?! ;)

Back