Windows XP allowed to live again

<---Going to keep my XP (HP Pavilion with AMD64) laptop alongside my Vista (Gateway FX with Intel Core2Duo) laptop until I upgrade the Vista to Win 7. Hopefully the Gateway will have enough horsepower to handle the upgrade to Win 7 (It's currently a 64 bit version cuz of the 4 GB rams installed in it)

<---Going to keep my XP (HP Pavilion with AMD64) laptop alongside my Vista (Gateway FX with Intel Core2Duo) laptop until I upgrade the Vista to Win 7. Hopefully the Gateway will have enough horsepower to handle the upgrade to Win 7 (It's currently a 64 bit version cuz of the 4 GB rams installed in it)

Please clarify that, I am under impression that 64 bits is designed into the chip. Not cause of how much memory are installed.

I should have dual-booting my desktop with XP / W7, but now that the 64bit version is out I think I can get rid of my XP install. Everything seems to work perfect with Windows 7 for me..

Please clarify that, I am under impression that 64 bits is designed into the chip. Not cause of how much memory are installed.

I mean my Vista is a 64 bit edition because of the over 4GB of ram installed on the Gateway. If its over 3 GB, the 32 bit version of Vista wont work that well.

One question...how do you tell if your laptop have 32 bits, 64 and 86? What does they mean? I am all ears. :D

XP is still nearing its mainstream support's death - on April 14th of this year.

Ouchie! :lol: I bet many XP'er begging M$ for another extension. But guess XP have to go soon cuz it lived a long life.. It probably a longest lived OS ever. My friend just bought desktop pc with WinXP installed. I told him that better have backup of all service pack downloads and updates that he had on XP. I probably will have to use Acronis Trueimage or Norton Ghost to copy entire XP image so that if it corrupts, I would have no worry about lose XP's updates.

Or I sure hope M$ churn out XP SP4 for final time!!!!!, no more support

Catty

That's a good idea.. Put out final service pack so that people will have all the updates MS put out and then save it as file for reloading if needed..

and it is the best OS in PC world, better than the doggone it Vista!

My Laptop still have few months to live, after that I am switching to Ubuntu 4ever. Ubuntu Linux FTW.
I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am

Back