Windows XP allowed to live again

Block to BitTorrent in Australia?

Australia loves censoring and filtering things on the internet, but its government hasn't had its fill yet. Next up: blocking BitTorrent in the entire country.

Guess it shouldn't be too shocking coming from a country with a Censorship Minister, but this is still pretty ridiculous. Said minister Stephen Conroy posted on his department's blog recently that they were planning to test new filters to block BitTorrent traffic country-wide.

Internet filtering plan may extend to peer-to-peer traffic, says Stephen Conroy | News | News.com.au

Australia to block all P2P?

Last edited:
Windows 7 is apparently a lot faster and less resource hungry than Vista.

Windows 7 also seems to have a lot of hype... I think that when something has a lot of hype, it usually ends in disappointment...

As long as developers continue to support Windows XP, XP will not die even if Microsoft stops supporting it.

As for our government internet censorship... Yeah, it is disturbing. I can't imagine what the internet would be like without p2p. :) I guess it would feel like the 90s again, where people use FTP or IRC to download files. :) Anyway, I am sure people-power will prevail..:)

What is Window 7 exactly? Just another new OS? What's special about it? I'm perfectly fine with XP.

What is Window 7 exactly? Just another new OS? What's special about it? I'm perfectly fine with XP.

Look at omegaman's post in above of your post.

Windows 7 will replace the Vista.

and Windows 7 will have the similiar system as the Windows XP.... so you see, Vista has been dumped.

I always favor Windows XP Professional but I will need to get more info on new Windows 7.

and Windows 7 will have the similiar system as the Windows XP.... so you see, Vista has been dumped.

It's not necessarily.

Vista is run so better on recent PC like after 2006 with faster CPU and more RAM, x64 Vista is run so better than x32 Vista.

Performance for between x64 Vista and XP are almost similar.

I found out about alot of new notebooks will introduce on CES, just heard about new ASUS notebook with Radeon 4600 series.

I'm forward to buy new notebook in next month and I had lost interest in Mac, just prefer PC for all way.

New XPS Studio notebook is released on Dell in last few days ago and it looks awesome.

Both of notebook that mentioned above don't offers XP.

I found out about alot of new notebooks will introduce on CES, just heard about new ASUS notebook with Radeon 4600 series.

I'm forward to buy new notebook in next month and I had lost interest in Mac, just prefer PC for all way and GPU in my current notebook is outdated (VRAM) and won't able to play GTA IV.

New XPS Studio notebook is released on Dell in last few days ago and it looks awesome.

yeah, I read info on new netbook and notebook on CES. I m interesting new XPS notebook but little expensive over $1,200. I need to look for new mini-notebook (not netbook) for business trip. I have own Sony Vaio laptop but too big and heavy.

Why is that? Just curious...

I don't feel like Mac is my useful OS due lacks of games and some applications, also I just got used with PC for many years and don't want deal with different boot into different OS like Mac to Vista on my notebook,

In last nearly 2 years ago, I was interested in Mac and would change my lifestyle then realized it's not my type of OS, however Mac is good at overall for people who aren't gamer or useful with Windows.

The GPU in my MacBook Pro is little outdated and won't able to run GTA IV due low VRAM (128 MB) and don't like aluminum design either due cosmetic issue.

Foxrac, Mac powerbook? I had used few Mac computers since 1986. Switched to PC because mac softwares are too costly than PC. I really like Mac powerbook but too costly over $1,000.

Foxrac, Mac powerbook? I had used few Mac computers since 1986. Switched to PC because mac softwares are too costly than PC. I really like Mac powerbook but too costly over $1,000.

It's MacBook Pro and it was replaced the PowerBook in 2006 due transition from PPC to Intel.

Yup, I had first Mac in 1993 with 68k and not much compatibility as PC with Windows 3.1 at this time and switched to PC in 1998 with Windows 98 due more software and games support for better price.

It took while for me to save up for Mac and found out it wasn't my type in after 1 years.

See more report

Windows 7 beta: First impressions | Business Tech - CNET News

I will find out tomorrow to get more info on Windows 7 beta.

Here’s where we stand - Windows 7 Team Blog - The Windows Blog

2.5 million download limit were removed and will available until January 24th. However, Windows 7 beta will end later in August.
I read the article said that Windows 7's performance had improved over Vista and XP.
I wonder why dont MS make major improvement patches/fixes for Vista rather than writing/programing Windows 7?

Back