Why is the Mac More Secure Than Windows?

All I know that Mac OS X Apple computer without Intel never got attacked from viruses. I think that it is a risk if we use Mac OS X Intel computers. I don't expect to believe what Apple says that Mac OS X never get a virus because the Apple keeps its secret for decades. I recalled that there were 7 old viruses that attacked three years ago. The Apple caught them earlier before they are spread out. I am not sure why that IBM headquarter servers didn't catch them before something happens.

You guys said that you never get a virus on your IBM computer because you know what to do with uploading your stuff on the internet. I didn't know at time when my sister bought a new IBM and updated the system directly to Microsoft's database server. It wiped her computer instantly. She exchanged it to an Apple computer. She made her choice.

It is not fair that many IBM PC users are "victimed." I wish that there is no single virus on both IBM and Apple I am making a positive thing about these computers. I do not have an IBM PC or Linx computer. I just like my Apple computers. I did not want to say that IBM is bad. Beside, I do not like Bill Gates AND Steve Jobs. That's all.

I want virus-makers and hackers should be in a prison for rest of their life even including teenagers hackers. Tough shit.

All I know that Mac OS X Apple computer without Intel never got attacked from viruses. I think that it is a risk if we use Mac OS X Intel computers. I don't expect to believe what Apple says that Mac OS X never get a virus because the Apple keeps its secret for decades. I recalled that there were 7 old viruses that attacked three years ago. The Apple caught them earlier before they are spread out. I am not sure why that IBM headquarter servers didn't catch them before something happens.

You guys said that you never get a virus on your IBM computer because you know what to do with uploading your stuff on the internet. I didn't know at time when my sister bought a new IBM and updated the system directly to Microsoft's database server. It wiped her computer instantly. She exchanged it to an Apple computer. She made her choice.

It is not fair that many IBM PC users are "victimed." I wish that there is no single virus on both IBM and Apple I am making a positive thing about these computers. I do not have an IBM PC or Linx computer. I just like my Apple computers. I did not want to say that IBM is bad. Beside, I do not like Bill Gates AND Steve Jobs. That's all.

I want virus-makers and hackers should be in a prison for rest of their life even including teenagers hackers. Tough shit.

I am not worried about Apple w/ Intel core getting a virus anyway. It's a programming code that Apple OSX can't reconize. Same goes for Linux.

I updated my laptop from M$ (cuz I own a copy of XP) while my two desktop are a cracked version of XP Pro. I do not update that. I use firewall and antivirus. Never had plm with it. I wonder if your sister had firewall and antivirus already installed her IBM system when she bought it? If not then that explain why she browse through net and got virus from there. It doesn't matter how careful you can be on XP w/ it's own weakly firewall and no antivirus, you'll get hit by virus no matter what. I fixes friends system alot and seen how virus can infected the XP system as fast as 15 min after fresh install (I downloaded and installed Smiley Central upon friend's request). So I had to wipe the hdd and reinstall XP then install Zonealarm Firewall and Antivirus. Problem stopped in it's track. Your sister might have done something that screw system really bad like downloading something or browsing net and click "ok" to accept javascript ect.. It's not her fault tho. IT's M$'s fault because they did not do something to protect noob users.. IT's good that Ur sister bought Apple instead to avoid hassles w/ M$..

I still don't like M$ at all but no choice because too many website use some plug-in (like Shockwave player, Media player, Ipix player ect) that Linux won't be able to run on.. I wish they could make it all compatible to any OS it can run. For example, I log in KCTV5 News, Weather, Traffic and Sports for the Kansas City Area | Homepage on Linux browser, I wanted to watch video. The message popped up saying "you are using incompatible browser blah blah... This is pissing me off!! It can run Youtube just perfectly fine! Adobe.com is not willing to work with Linux programmer to build new Shockwave player for Linux. They had petitioned to encourage Adobe to let them work with them.

Apple have more advantage over Linux on plug-in.

AS for virus maker, hackers ect. They're bunch of smart kids who love to screw other people's unprotectd computer. NOT only that, there are rogue hackers and virus maker from another country that tried to destroy network and bring them to it's knee... They want to punish USA and other countries and give them hard time. Ever wonder why there's always new virus kept adding on antivirus list daily. Too many time kids and stupid people open Email attachment w/ virus in it from chain Email also download through P2P website ect... Even being told not to, they don't just listen. They just want to see the picture, animated show ect.

Did you know that many ISP companies hires former hackers. They pay them well to protect the network. Hackers respects other hackers. They can tell others not to hack company's network. Hackers can range from 13 years old to 55 years old. Former Hackers can test company's network to be sure it's secure by hacking into it's system, using wired or wireless. They also can range from PDA to Laptop to Mainframe. Company want to find security hole to close it. Not all Govt send hackers to jail. But Virus makers, they can get into deep trouble. But CIA and Govt Agency (like Homeland Security) hires Virus maker to destroy enemy's network system. So it's kinda moot point. So Basically we just simply install best firewall and antivirus software for M$ XP which is better than nothing at all.

The first Hacker in the nation back in 1984 hacked NASA's Hades system (supposly be the best firewall back then) live in Prairie Village, KS just few blocks where I used to live. It's kinda shock to me. It was high school kids using Apple IIe w/ modem and broke into NASA Hade system. CIA confisicated hacker's computer and printer while they confisicated friend's printer but leaving computer alone (it didn't have modem). It was in the news and newspapers. In Highschool, I saw real live Cracker cracked protected softwares on Apple IIe in backroom behind computer lab. I watched him how he cracked $50 software and made several copies.. Teacher was aware of it but "chip on the shoulder". I asked him for a copy of tank game for my Apple IIc. He said cost you $25 for it. I didn't have that money readily Oh well. It look exactly like a Tank Battlezone on coin operated game. He changed the programming in order to enchance the game LOL.

I hope that Apple and Linux prevails in future LOL.

Catty

No, the first viruses are found from Apple II but it won't happen on Windows until 95 was released, also not sure if 3.0 got viruses via netscape navigator or AOL.

Back