Why is the Mac More Secure Than Windows?

And if there is any games that mac dont have and the PC does. Thats ok, the Mac can run windows too and play Windows games!

Apple - Boot Camp

And if there is any games that mac dont have and the PC does. Thats ok, the Mac can run windows too and play Windows games!

Apple - Boot Camp

Yup, Running Virtual Machine or similiar to operate Windows while under OSX or Linux. There are some problem sometime. Sometime you have to deal with limitation. If game is graphic intensive. You'll gonna need a fast graphic card w/ 256mb or 512mb memory and also System memory must be more than 1 gb to make game run smooth. VM demands lot processing power and memory in order to run game. It's like two PCs running in one processor LOL.

I did come across some special PCI card that is a PC CPU with Windows XP preinstalled in flash memory. They're expensive but built for Apple Mac. It was old now. Newer MAC can run Windows XP or Vista by dualbooting. I wouldn't want to use Internet using XP or Vista on MAC LOL. Just game only.

Catty

As for the Norton Anti Virus for Mac its for email reasons also for worried insecure windows users. Alot of viruses are brought on thru email. And often times those windows viruses appear in the mac mailbox. So Norton Anti Virus comes in and removes those viruses before we send that same email to another Windows user. Oh did i forget to mention you can run windows right in OSX?

Parallels Desktop for Mac

There is plenty of mac softwares out there.

Mac, Palm, and Windows Software Updates and Downloads - VersionTracker

See! You should not said "you still pay for software"

As for you Neo. there is alot of flaws in your respond but im not going to waste my time arguing with you when each responds you make is flawed. Getting tired of correcting you.

You should not make negative about Windows and I try to tell you more info about Mac and PC. Mac better for software and PC better for hardware.

As for the G3 it runs the same software as the iMac G5. Its running Mac OSX 10.4.9 same as the iMac G5. You should ask before you make assumptions about his mac.

Why bother to buy G5 if G3 run smooth on OSX 10.4.9? Not make sense to me. Something hide the truth.

Plenty of Games for mac.

Apple - Games

http://www.aspyr.com/

Awesome GPU for macs as well.

Apple - Mac Pro - Graphics
I already know about Mac games, not all games should run smooth on Macbook and mini mac. Mac's GPUs hardware are old and they should cut price down or upgrade new GPUs. Right now we have 8800GTX and almost two times faster than NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 and Quadro is not good for games. It's for powerful graphic only. GeForce is better for games.

Apple - Boot Camp

As for the Norton Anti Virus for Mac its for email reasons also for worried insecure windows users. Alot of viruses are brought on thru email. And often times those windows viruses appear in the mac mailbox. So Norton Anti Virus comes in and removes those viruses before we send that same email to another Windows user. Oh did i forget to mention you can run windows right in OSX?

Parallels Desktop for Mac

Old news about Windows in OSX. I already know that in 5 or 6 years ago.

Why need reboot for change OS thur camp boot? The link you posted that it's old version and it's won't support games and 3D. Here link is better for you. I learned it last week or so. Use Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac. This is better one!

Why need reboot for change OS thur camp boot? The link you posted that it's old version and it's won't support games and 3D. Here link is better for you. I learned it last week or so. Use Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac. This is better one!

I think I like this parallels desktop software. I have Apple G5. I might consider to buy the software because I have two expensive IBM DVD software from health conventions. They told me that these software will work with my computer with a special software like the Parallels. I am not sure because I am not interested in any game. Should I get it? I am very considered about the viruses with Windows XP or Altvas (sp?) on my computer. I do not want to use the XP Windows for internet. I prefer Mac OS X to surf on the internet instead. Do you know what I mean?

I think I like this parallels desktop software. I have Apple G5. I might consider to buy the software because I have two expensive IBM DVD software from health conventions. They told me that these software will work with my computer with a special software like the Parallels. I am not sure because I am not interested in any game. Should I get it? I am very considered about the viruses with Windows XP or Altvas (sp?) on my computer. I do not want to use the XP Windows for internet. I prefer Mac OS X to surf on the internet instead. Do you know what I mean?

I am not sure about G5

Parallels Desktop for Mac System Requirements

Processor Intel Core Solo, Intel Core Duo, Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel Dual-Core Xeon. Full support for Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x).

I don't see IBM in list.

Just download and install if work or not from DMG package (57,4 Mb) at Download Parallels Desktop for Mac

Don't worry you have register and receive a free 15-day trial activation key.

It's up to you.

Reason why so many PC user than MAC user becasue of limitation on softwares. For example. I went to Best Buy, MicroCenter, CompUSA and any computer stores. I'm not surprise that PC softwares filled many isle of shelves while Mac just filled just one or two isles of shelves.

I wish that there a way for Mac to succeed by improving software and lower the price to enable PC user to switch over to Mac.

Linux is getting better but softwares availibilty in store are nil.

Catty

There are a plenty of software for linux and they don't need to be in store at all same thing for Mac software. All the high quality mac software are available in store. As for windows software it is mostly crap softwares sitting along the high quality softwares.

see this thread on tagdeaf
Forum » TagDeaf.com

Look for my post dated May 22 at 6:08pm

Why you made fun of Bill Gates? Apple was almost out of business few times in long times ago and Bill Gates paid Apple to keep business.
Only 5 yrs $150 millions agreement. it was over few years ago.. *shrug*

Bill wanted to sell Office softwares since the previous management before Jobs came back to Apple won't do any deal with MS.

If Jobs didn't come back... MS won't make deal with Apple.

now that Jobs came back Apple is in black not because of MS.

Apple still soared even after contract with MS ended few years ago.. so what.

If you think G3 from 97/98 and still smoothly then why he got iMac G5? That's mean he can't upgrade new software for G3 anymore.
It's only video card requirement.

There is no company that will provide PCI equalivant of AGP offered by ATI or NVIDA that time. I am using top of line video card for G3 that is available.

It is ATI 9200 Mac Edition PCI. There is no ATI 9600 PCI Mac Edition. what can I do but I still can use my G3 for all others stuff and use my G5 for Game playing... so what.

Only 5 yrs $150 millions agreement. it was over few years ago.. *shrug*

Bill wanted to sell Office softwares since the previous management before Jobs came back to Apple won't do any deal with MS.

If Jobs didn't come back... MS won't make deal with Apple.

now that Jobs came back Apple is in black not because of MS.

Apple still soared even after contract with MS ended few years ago.. so what.

Apple almost out of business in few times, not just once.
It's only video card requirement.

There is no company that will provide PCI equalivant of AGP offered by ATI or NVIDA that time. I am using top of line video card for G3 that is available.

It is ATI 9200 Mac Edition PCI. There is no ATI 9600 PCI Mac Edition. what can I do but I still can use my G3 for all others stuff and use my G5 for Game playing... so what.

Ah.
PCI slot.. Well too bad.

Right now There is PCI-16x and AGP will gone soon.

Apple almost out of business in few times, not just once.
Nah... I don't think Apple almost went out of business. I have been following Apple and I have been Apple user since 79 (Apple IIe and Mac 128K and up) That's my opinion...

Here's Apple Death Knell Counter website;
The Mac Observer - Apple Death Knell Counter

Although this website does say that Apple almost bottom out so see "olive branch for Microsoft" ( have to remember that Apple and MS were at war in lawsuit etc)
Beleaguered: Apple Bottoms Out, 1996-98

Do I have to buy two separate software: Parallels and Windows XP or Vista?

How I deal with the viruses on my Apple computer if I use the Windows XP or the Parallels? Can I run my IBM PC software (DVD) without using the internet? I mean that I do not want to surf on the internet if I use the Parallels.

Should I wait for Mac OS Leopard to come in? I heard that it will be included Windows XP.

Any advice that I should know before I get the software?

How I deal with the viruses on my Apple computer if I use the Windows XP or the Parallels? Can I run my IBM PC software (DVD) without using the internet? I mean that I do not want to surf on the internet if I use the Parallels.

Should I wait for Mac OS Leopard to come in? I heard that it will be included Windows XP.

Just format the HDD to remove all viruses and worms.

Let see I been using computer since DOS 3 to 6 days so that is like wayyyy back into 1985 and discovered Internet in college but didn't have Internet at home until 1992 which I was running OS/2 by IBM becasue it was a true 32bit OS but I also was running Windows 3.11 because of winsock make it easier to use internet applications without having to configure each application for tcp/ip stacks and when Windows95 came out I switched to that and used it all the way until Windows 2000 was released with NTFS so I switched to that too but kept Window95 because some games only work on 16bit OS and wouldn't work on Windows2000. For several years I finally got rid of Windows95/98 and went with Windows2000 totally. I also did some linus distro during that period but never stay with it because it require too much configuring to get all devices working together so finally came out Windows XP but I didn't switch to XP right away nope it took a year or two before I finally left Windows2000 and switched to Windows XP because it looked prettier on my friend's computer and wanted to look pretty on my own computer however I have started using Linux Fedora Core 1 and then switched to CentOS4 on my web server which is at the hosting office. Now there new Vista Windows out and I still have not gone to Vista because I don't see the need to spend the money yet on Vista and XP is working well for my need on the internet applications and busniess applications and gaming too so there no need to switch just yet and the web server is running fine on CentOS 4.

Ok so all those history of OS you just read which was kinda boring anyway and how many time have I gotten a virus or exploitted or attacked??

Answer is ZERO.....

So how the hell I do it? ---- Easy ---- just be smart when it come to installing applications on your computer or be aware beforehand what you put on your computer.

If you don't learn your OS doesn't matter if it Windows Mac Linux or whatever the heck OS then you deserved to be open for exploitations or attacks.

I am not going to say if Windows or Mac or Linux are better OS than each other but I will say I have no damn issues with Windows and I sure don't care if Mac gonna brag they are "virus-free" either.

Why you think you get virus quick as open internet? I use XP without anti-virus software on laptop for 2 years and no problem. Use common sense where download you get it from.

Why you think you get virus quick as open internet? I use XP without anti-virus software on laptop for 2 years and no problem. Use common sense where download you get it from.

Same here, I never use anti-virus program for 5 years.

I just got virus at few time, last time in 2005.

90% of the total market belongs to Windows and 10% belongs to Apple. This experiences more attacks against windows. Thats not necessarily true.

The real truth behind this, let me explain to you below.

Windows NT and beyond are multiuser operating system based on single user operating system dating back to Windows/286. It was built based on tightly integrated programming language working together as a single operating system. (think internet explorer cannot be removed from OS)

Whereas the UNIX based such as Apple Mac OS X, UNIX variants, Linux variants and others are designed to be used as a multiuser operating system from START and does not integrates one to other as one.

However, Imagine the UNIX based is 90% and the virus attacks would be very small and meaningless. Its much easier for them to release updates, patches and service packs to counter attack against viruses.

It sucks to be Microsoft and I wish they ought to be a lot more smarter than that. I use Linux, and it allows me to rebuild linux by adding more components from the list I want. Microsoft can't it has to be installed everything

90% of the total market belongs to Windows and 10% belongs to Apple. This experiences more attacks against windows. Thats not necessarily true.

The real truth behind this, let me explain to you below.

Windows NT and beyond are multiuser operating system based on single user operating system dating back to Windows/286. It was built based on tightly integrated programming language working together as a single operating system. (think internet explorer cannot be removed from OS)

Whereas the UNIX based such as Apple Mac OS X, UNIX variants, Linux variants and others are designed to be used as a multiuser operating system from START and does not integrates one to other as one.

However, Imagine the UNIX based is 90% and the virus attacks would be very small and meaningless. Its much easier for them to release updates, patches and service packs to counter attack against viruses.

It sucks to be Microsoft and I wish they ought to be a lot more smarter than that. I use Linux, and it allows me to rebuild linux by adding more components from the list I want. Microsoft can't it has to be installed everything

Microsoft don't care about geeks. They can all go play and built thier own OS configurations setup adding whatever applications they want or scream how unsecured Windows is or geek can go work for Microsoft for 12 buck an hour fixing holes or secuirty issues.

World only probably got 1% geeks and 99% noobies so those noobie is what gonna make them rich and Bill Gates was right 8-).

Noobie isn't gonna waste time trying to learn how to install or configure or setup or whatever they need on a computer instead they go spend time at the beach or biking or hiking or whatever they find pleasure in and spend the cash to buy a computer with Windows already installed becasue almost every application they need what they see at the store says on the box -> "Windows XP Required" <-

So they gonna choose a computer with Windows XP already installed to play those neat games or run those tax refund program or do some office work.

Basically they wanna to be able to pop in a CD or DVD then a computer wil greet them asking if they wish to INSTALL at a click of a button then once done and that it.

That where the money is at and that why Microsoft choose this path.

A wise desicion they made afterall Bill Gates is one of the top list of richest man in the world .. Where are you listed at?

Of course if those noobie computer get attacked or virus infected then they gonna find geek to come and fix it for them afterall they are noobie but damn those noobie are smart too becasue they got someone else to do the work for them fixing their computer ie next door geek or a family member always have 1 geek in them or a friend of a boss is a geek =P

Mac may be the most secured OS in the world but noobie don't cares and either does Microsoft.

Rather Windows XP is FAT32 or NTFS doesnt matter. The system comparison between both format and the kernel layer of the root directory is the same. For example: If there was an exploit for Internet Explorer 6..that means any Windows running Internet Explorer 6 is vulnerable to the exploit regardless of rather its FAT32 or NTFS.

Macs are also good for robots as well, They are now being deployed into the assembly lines at Ford Motor Company.

Macworld: News: Mac minis help automaker Ford on the assembly line

PC can run Mac OSX Leopard illegally by running a hacked version of the operating system.. Once Leopard is released, the Kernel will be closed and there will be no more hacking the mac to run on PC :) It violates the license agreement on the Operating system and what its installed on.

Yeah thanks to Bill Gates for rescuing Apple, It may as well be the last nail into MS coffin :)

Lets get this straight. We don't hate PC users, we just want whats best for you guys. We feel to give you guys love and sharing something we hold dearly and that has made us very happy mac users. So we want to share that with you people. There is nothing wrong with feeling compassionate to help you Windows users to find freedom from worries and an abusive relationship with Microsoft thru the use of Windows. You have to admit truthfully that the price you paid when you bought that PC didnt end when you bought it at Best Buy or whererever, it didnt end the very second you walked out the door. And even now, you still pay for software renewals to protect your PC from viruses, malware, spywares, adwares. the constant worry that something will happen to those music, pictures that you hold dearly. The extra money you have to spend to have a movie making application, photo editing application, music making application even web design applications when its all there for you on the mac. Its ready for you the very minute you unpack the mac. Its all there.

Apple - iLife

One Price. All ready for the world once you get home. Its ready out of the box and it just works.

The mac was designed both software and hardware with the user in mind. Quality hardware, eye catching designs, secure and stable operating system, applications that suits your needs right out of the box. the simplicity of use on the mac makes for a pleasant user experience that becomes memorable and leaves a lasting impression. The productivity it delivers endlessly without interruptions like blue screens on PC is not on the mac. All this, is the very reason why mac users cherish their macs. You don't see this kind of people on the PC. And you know what? This is all facts. The god honest truth! No Bull! Its experiences like this on the mac that makes me a passionate user. Thats all I have to say. Thanks for your time to read this.

:)

What so? Hackers would have to find other way to make successful, all of OS that made from Mac are hacked into PC are successful then would going be happen with OS X Leopard too, also one of friend has been hacked it. Hackers are won at all time since Mac is trying to stop them but they never to do it.

I have agree with Neo.

I like PC and Mac in both, also they are different system and environment.

Now, PC is best for gaming, even more options that we can put powerful graphic card to make games sooo sharply and faster but Mac don't have much varies on hardware, also Mac is good with desktop and some programs, except for games and other several programs.

Mac isn't 100% virus free but I have said about more than 90% are free, even extremely rare, unlike PC that got more viruses than Mac does.

Back