Why is the Mac More Secure Than Windows?

No we arent clones. We are just likewise mac users. Ask any mac users and we all think alike because we know the mac is much simpler and more secure to use then Windows. I know! I was once a Windows user and Network Administrator. I have my MCSE certificate and made an informed choice to use Macs. Just about every Windows System Administrator uses Macs for the very reason its more secure then Windows. The Get a Mac ads you see on TV speaks the facts. No one can deny the very truth its speaks.

I agree with you! I've been a Mac-user since 1993 and I love it. I have NEVER gotten a virus or anything since. I currently have a PowerMac G4 running Mac OS X. It runs great, but a bit slow in some areas. That's a 6 year old Mac running the current OS.

No we arent clones. We are just likewise mac users. Ask any mac users and we all think alike because we know the mac is much simpler and more secure to use then Windows. I know! I was once a Windows user and Network Administrator. I have my MCSE certificate and made an informed choice to use Macs. Just about every Windows System Administrator uses Macs for the very reason its more secure then Windows. The Get a Mac ads you see on TV speaks the facts. No one can deny the very truth its speaks.
he's serious...

that is proof of concept and this company which published the article is just another scare tactics to try to drive up mac anti-virus sales.

Sure many mac based blogs and websites debunked them.

My Blue and White G3 and iMac G5 does not have any anti-virus running...

Sure I once had one for my G3 offered as free by Apple for being a .Mac member. that was Virex software and it was memory hog and useless.

I have been virus free ever since. I refer you to that article about FBI, he says mac is secure.

Of course MacGeek Pro and I do tell PC users to install anti-virus software and anti-phising (see my signature below) BECAUSE M$ doesn't give a frak about pc users even though Gate is concerned but he wants $$ to stay afloat regardless.

We do tell them to get Mac if they are still frustrated with PC.

I have few friends going Mac thanks to me because they have been whining to me via IM.

A few of my friends have already decided to switch to Mac or already have. They complained mostly about viruses, so they decided to switch and they're happy with it. My ex-girlfriend from Boston thought Mac sucked when she had a PC and later on she changed mind and she loves it. Weird, eh?

It really doesnt matter about "User obscurity" The number of users that uses windows compare to mac is not the reason why mac is more secure. You just can't write a virus for UNIX. Most hackers out there write windows viruses on a UNIX machine because the virus written in VB is only for windows and cant infect UNIX systems.

Not only that, the OS X is based on BSD UNIX which is reputed to be the most secure of all the UNIX systems. No computers are immune to viruses but given the nature of UNIX systems, it's much less likely to affect the entire OS system due to user permissions.

i agree with you
i am mac user since 2003 grins

he said... more than 75% are sitting on store shelfs and warehouses and that MS tends to calculate what has been shipped out of redmond as percentage of windows users

The majority are still using windows 2000 or 98

Wow. I cannot believe it.

I am very happy with my Apple G5. No single virus ever attacks my computer. It is unbelieveable!

My friend has an IBM PC (XP Windows) at home. A few days ago, she said that she likes her computer so I asked her to use a web-camera. We are hooked up on the web-camera. She is having a problem with her web-camera. Mine is fine and still waiting for her. She gave it up. I hope that she will consider to buy a Mac. It is a good thing that all Mac computers have everything ready. Yes, you are definitely right that Bill Gates concentrates on the money than fixing the vary of Windows problems.

Interesting, You know most hacker really want to break business for money and no one care about personal. Nothing news.

Most business still have old hardware and only work for Win98 or W2k. Why should spend $$ to upgrade new hardware and new software?

Example.

Autobody, phone repair, DSLR repair, CAD, etc.. they need use hardware thru COM. My father still have Win98 for phone repair hardware and no problem for almost 8years since he bought it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

But the fact is If they dont upgrade they dont get updates or support from microsoft.

Clock Is Ticking for Windows 2000 Users

also support for windows 98 has ended.

Microsoft Windows: End of support for Windows 98, Windows Me, and Windows XP Service Pack 1

So where does that leave them? Increase attacks on unpatched system vulnerabilities. Interesting aint it? Goes to show How stupid Bill Gates is and careless.. but also shows how smart he is.. If you want system security? spend the extra bucks for Windows XP or Vista and buy new hardware upgrades to support the hardware requirements. When Mac OSX leopard 10.5 is released this fall, it will run like a new machine on Boult's G3 Tower. :)

Get your fact next time please. XP attacked more than Win98. New virus won't work on Win98 because they use fat32.

Remember my father use Win98 computer for hardware repair and he don't get any attack virus so far unlike his Win XP.

No point to support Win98, ME, and NT because they are outdated.

My workplace have few laptop Win98 for adjustment tools on 35mm SLR. There is no WinXP support so stuck with Win98. There is lot Windows anywhere for business unlike Mac user. Mac user is good for personal and edit video/graphic art business. PC is better for robots machine.

In fact, "PC user" don't mean use Windows. You forget about Linux, UNIX, SUN, etc.

Did you know PC can run on Mac OSX leopard?

Why you made fun of Bill Gates? Apple was almost out of business few times in long times ago and Bill Gates paid Apple to keep business.

Don't get wrong idea. I use mac around 1985 then 1997 then 2002 then now. I still plan to buy Black Macbook when Leopard and NAND release.

No point to HATE Win or Mac. It's just computer for god's sake!

Rather Windows XP is FAT32 or NTFS doesnt matter. The system comparison between both format and the kernel layer of the root directory is the same. For example: If there was an exploit for Internet Explorer 6..that means any Windows running Internet Explorer 6 is vulnerable to the exploit regardless of rather its FAT32 or NTFS.

Macs are also good for robots as well, They are now being deployed into the assembly lines at Ford Motor Company.

Macworld: News: Mac minis help automaker Ford on the assembly line

PC can run Mac OSX Leopard illegally by running a hacked version of the operating system.. Once Leopard is released, the Kernel will be closed and there will be no more hacking the mac to run on PC :) It violates the license agreement on the Operating system and what its installed on.

Yeah thanks to Bill Gates for rescuing Apple, It may as well be the last nail into MS coffin :)

Lets get this straight. We don't hate PC users, we just want whats best for you guys. We feel to give you guys love and sharing something we hold dearly and that has made us very happy mac users. So we want to share that with you people. There is nothing wrong with feeling compassionate to help you Windows users to find freedom from worries and an abusive relationship with Microsoft thru the use of Windows. You have to admit truthfully that the price you paid when you bought that PC didnt end when you bought it at Best Buy or whererever, it didnt end the very second you walked out the door. And even now, you still pay for software renewals to protect your PC from viruses, malware, spywares, adwares. the constant worry that something will happen to those music, pictures that you hold dearly. The extra money you have to spend to have a movie making application, photo editing application, music making application even web design applications when its all there for you on the mac. Its ready for you the very minute you unpack the mac. Its all there.

Apple - iLife

One Price. All ready for the world once you get home. Its ready out of the box and it just works.

The mac was designed both software and hardware with the user in mind. Quality hardware, eye catching designs, secure and stable operating system, applications that suits your needs right out of the box. the simplicity of use on the mac makes for a pleasant user experience that becomes memorable and leaves a lasting impression. The productivity it delivers endlessly without interruptions like blue screens on PC is not on the mac. All this, is the very reason why mac users cherish their macs. You don't see this kind of people on the PC. And you know what? This is all facts. The god honest truth! No Bull! Its experiences like this on the mac that makes me a passionate user. Thats all I have to say. Thanks for your time to read this.

:)

Last edited:
Rather Windows XP is FAT32 or NTFS doesnt matter. The system comparison between both format and the kernel layer of the root directory is the same. For example: If there was an exploit for Internet Explorer 6..that means any Windows running Internet Explorer 6 is vulnerable to the exploit regardless of rather its FAT32 or NTFS.
ESPFNDIS.VXD or ESPFNDIS.SYS are not same. That's why XP got more attacking than Win98.

Macs are also good for robots as well, They are now being deployed into the assembly lines at Ford Motor Company.

Macworld: News: Mac minis help automaker Ford on the assembly line
Link is not about robots. Trust me, PC user is more than Mac user for robots in anywhere. F1 racer is faster one in the world for high speed race so they use PC hardware for check up. F1 is very strict for business.

There is Windows for warships. Scary?

PC can run Mac OSX Leopard illegally by running a hacked version of the operating system.. Once Leopard is released, the Kernel will be closed and there will be no more hacking the mac to run on PC :) It violates the license agreement on the Operating system and what its installed on.

Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger still work fine on PC. Hacker always find in other way.

Yeah thanks to Bill Gates for rescuing Apple, It may as well be the last nail into MS coffin :)

What's happen if Bill Gates don't help Apple then you are out of lucky.

Lets get this straight. We don't hate PC users, we just want whats best for you guys. We feel to give you guys love and sharing something we hold dearly and that has made us very happy mac users. So we want to share that with you people. There is nothing wrong with feeling compassionate to help you Windows users to find freedom from worries and an abusive relationship with Microsoft thru the use of Windows. You have to admit truthfully that the price you paid when you bought that PC didnt end when you bought it at Best Buy or whererever, it didnt end the very second you walked out the door. And even now, you still pay for software renewals to protect your PC from viruses, malware, spywares, adwares. the constant worry that something will happen to those music, pictures that you hold dearly. The extra money you have to spend to have a movie making application, photo editing application, music making application even web design applications when its all there for you on the mac. Its ready for you the very minute you unpack the mac. Its all there.
No matter. Mac O/S upgraded each two years or whatever and you have to buy new O/S and Win XP is pretty old since 2001 and free upgrade for security.

How come Mac have anti-virus software and you have to pay it.
Norton AntiVirus for Macintosh: Overview - Symantec Corp.

I never pay for software for that. There always free.
Apple - iLife

They are too limits and not enough for me. Paint.net is free software for Windows and it's almost same as Photoshop software.
One Price. All ready for the world once you get home. Its ready out of the box and it just works.

The mac was designed both software and hardware with the user in mind. Quality hardware, eye catching designs, secure and stable operating system, applications that suits your needs right out of the box. the simplicity of use on the mac makes for a pleasant user experience that becomes memorable and leaves a lasting impression. The productivity it delivers endlessly without interruptions like blue screens on PC is not on the mac. All this, is the very reason why mac users cherish their macs. You don't see this kind of people on the PC. And you know what? This is all facts. The god honest truth! No Bull! Its experiences like this on the mac that makes me a passionate user. Thats all I have to say. Thanks for your time to read this.

:)

It's true Mac is always better designs hardware but quality hardware?! I see too many problem with them like wore out so quick (Macbook Keyboard Cover Cracked at Hinge,Melting MagSafe, laptop melt from overheat CPU, but battery do not count since it's defect from Sony)

BSOD is not always cause from O/S. Mostly from bad hardware, My friend who own Mac and he upgrade bad hardware of RAM and keep freeze of his computer all times. That's mean O/S is bad? No, I don't think so!

I built the computer when I was 16 years old, I learned how to solve the problem and you have to buy right type of hardware then O/S will be stable. Mac don't have powerful GPU and not much game softwares for gamers so I am not happy. PC hardware always better for CAD,3D, games, and hardware tools.

(Don't mind of my English because I wake up at 5am)

thats a proof of concept in fact its not even a virus. its a malware but that proof of concept has never hit the wild. sadly you are behind in the facts. But also you are right they do hit business for money but also personal too.. like the example of zombie machines to set up DOS attacks or Spams. The fact of the matter is that Windows machines are so vulnerable why does the navy and the FBI use macs? Its so secure! They made an informed choice! But see I dare you to go out and buy a mac and try it for one month maybe just two weeks! and if you are not happy I will give you 500 dollars plus buy the mac you bought at the price you got it for. But you have to buy one and use it. Im not kidding.. And I promise you once you use a mac you will not want to go back to windows! Plus Boult is using a G3 tower thats from 97 or 98 and its still running up to today even the latest OSX smoothly all original hardware! And macs wears out faster then PC? Mac run better hardwares then any PC and even last longer!

If you think G3 from 97/98 and still smoothly then why he got iMac G5? That's mean he can't upgrade new software for G3 anymore.

Aww I always wish that I could buy a Mac beause I am so sick of PC! Updates, Upgrade, Virus protection, New Program Install, everything just kept popping up make me crazy. I wish they just shut up!

I don't blame ya! I turned off M$ security update on both of my desktop PC. Let the Zonealarm Internet Security do the job. I don't keep any personal files in it. Never had plm w/ XP for a year now.

As for Mac. I DO support Mac cuz it's part of UNIX base like Linux. It cannot be infected with virus. But I did read one article that Hacker finally found a way to infect Linux with virus. Luckily, It was minor one. Many Linux creators are able to fix to prevent future attack. What's common is that Apple MAC and Linux Doesn't need a Antivirus and maybe not even Firewall. Both are very secured.

Try experiment with Windows (who cares what version is it). Fresh Install Windows and throw everything in and leave the firewall off and security update off. Browse down the net lane. Download files and run it ect.., Your PC became infected pretty quickly. Even leaving ur pc on all night connected to Broadband without protection. You'll be surprise that Hacker use port scanner and find their way to ur PC. Leave a little note in .doc file tell them to screw ur system LOL (Seriously! they did on my PC w/o any protection years ago when I had broadband.).

I don't like Updates cuz it's very ANNOYING!! My laptop get update often. Sometime I cancelled the pop up just to leave me alone for a while.

Reason why so many PC user than MAC user becasue of limitation on softwares. For example. I went to Best Buy, MicroCenter, CompUSA and any computer stores. I'm not surprise that PC softwares filled many isle of shelves while Mac just filled just one or two isles of shelves.

I wish that there a way for Mac to succeed by improving software and lower the price to enable PC user to switch over to Mac.

Linux is getting better but softwares availibilty in store are nil.

Catty

If you think G3 from 97/98 and still smoothly then why he got iMac G5? That's mean he can't upgrade new software for G3 anymore.

As for the G3 it runs the same software as the iMac G5. Its running Mac OSX 10.4.9 same as the iMac G5. You should ask before you make assumptions about his mac.

Back