Why is Starbucks' sign the way it is?

i can see why you have been practicing with your asl skill through several webcams. ha i have two webcams but dont remember which number for logitech quickcam and one for logitech fusion (sp/) i dont know which one is better. I haven't used them for long time ago. =X

not to each other. both "hate" and "awful" flicks away from your chest at same time - same direction. I use one-hand for that.

Starbuck sign flicks at each other (or between your head)

Between your head??? :scratch: I am trying to envision this divided head.

YouTube - Maccas ASL

This is the sign I use for McDonald's (yes, I just made the video at work )

As for you JClarke, I love both your videos and believe you were born to be an ASL teacher.

Plus this thread made me hungry and I am now signing to my husband that tomorrow will include McDonald's and Starbucks! :P

i can see why you have been practicing with your asl skill through several webcams. ha i have two webcams but dont remember which number for logitech quickcam and one for logitech fusion (sp/) i dont know which one is better. I haven't used them for long time ago. =X
Fusion is the correct spelling FF :) And that is the older model, these ones I mentioned earlier is the latest and the best ones. Also, I have been using ASL nearly EVERYDAY -- despite I am in Australia, but I have been learning a lot of new signs EVERYDAY. Now as it is today, I am fluent in ASL :cool2:

:laugh2: what I meant is that... according to Jake's 1st video, he flicked both fingers facing at each other. Another sign is moving those fingers apart from each other and then flick it toward at both sides of your head - just like the logo.

can you picture it now?

As for you JClarke, I love both your videos and believe you were born to be an ASL teacher.

Plus this thread made me hungry and I am now signing to my husband that tomorrow will include McDonald's and Starbucks! :P
I feel like an ASL teacher down here, sometimes I get negative feedbacks such as 'Hey, we are not in America!' but not until someone asks me to show them something, I go ahead. My father was susprised how good I am at ASL :D

:laugh2: what I meant is that... according to Jake's 1st video, he flicked both fingers facing at each other. Another sign is moving those fingers apart from each other and then flick it toward at both sides of your head - just like the logo.

can you picture it now?

Yes sir! That is a much more reasonable explanation. :wave:

can you picture it now?
you mean the second video! :lol:

you mean the second video! :lol:

oh yea - your 1st video was about McDonald. Forgive me - you know I'm
2lloklg.jpg

oh yea - your 1st video was about McDonald. Forgive me - you know I'm
2lloklg.jpg
:laugh2: I know that, no worries. Why dont you show your McDonald sign if it is different to mine?

Fusion is the correct spelling FF :) And that is the older model, these ones I mentioned earlier is the latest and the best ones. Also, I have been using ASL nearly EVERYDAY -- despite I am in Australia, but I have been learning a lot of new signs EVERYDAY. Now as it is today, I am fluent in ASL :cool2:

You are now officially an AD American!! :D

:wave:

:laugh2: I know that, no worries. Why dont you show your McDonald sign if it is different to mine?

I thought you would know since McDonald commercial is international

Is there an ASL McDonald commercial that I missed?

in old days - the commercials had Ronald McDonald doing the trademarked "McDonald" sign at the end.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLlf6ywggrc]YouTube - McDonalds Ad from 1991 - Ronald's New Hairstyle[/ame]

No problem, watermelon! Hope my ASL is more clear to understand. :)

Your ASL signing was easy to understand. I also watched your Auslan videos, and that was a little bit more challenging for me to understand. Actually, I'm not sure I understood much of it!

Back