why everyone thinks gallaudet is an ivy league?

You know what's ironic? Seattle is one of the smartest cities in the US but doesn't have an ivy league college. I noticed most of the Ivy league colleges are in East US.

to the thread creator - you can faking yourself get into gallaudet, and fool people its ivy league. I hate to disappoint you - its not ivy league.

one of these day you'll end up working at mickey d's, anyways

Seq, that's cause it's called ivy league for a reason. Last I remember only schools in the northeast get to be classified as ivy. I think it has to do with old time history, back from colonial era and stuff.

So the point of this discussion is that Gallaudet is not as hot as it supposedly is?

Seq, that's cause it's called ivy league for a reason. Last I remember only schools in the northeast get to be classified as ivy. I think it has to do with old time history, back from colonial era and stuff.

So the point of this discussion is that Gallaudet is not as hot as it supposedly is?

Yeah, I don't think it has to do with education itself. It's just mostly has to do with the history thing. A normal college can be good enough to get a degree to get a "whatever" job.

I guess it's because Gallaudet is an easy college to get through?

I've seen some students transfer from Gallaudet to NTID because Gallaudet was too easy... while some students transfer from NTID to Gallaudet because NTID was too hard?

You twisted the truth, really. I enrolled both and knew the true difference.

How came some students failed Gally admission tests yet they made it to NTID?

Really, it's easier for any average deaf student to enroll at NTID than they could enroll at Gally.

Only RIT is more difficult for any average to enroll for sure.

You twisted the truth, really. I enrolled both and knew the true difference.

How came some students failed Gally admission tests yet they made it to NTID?

Really, it's easier for any average deaf student to enroll at NTID than they could enroll at Gally.

Only RIT is more difficult for any average to enroll for sure.

Guess that Gally for dumb student:aw: NTID RULE :P

I guess it's because Gallaudet is an easy college to get through?

I've seen some students transfer from Gallaudet to NTID because Gallaudet was too easy... while some students transfer from NTID to Gallaudet because NTID was too hard?

I don't know. Because when I had a notetaker for my local community college or had a public school high school teacher who write everything down that's not in the textbook instead of just "speaking" to teach so kids will learn by "listening", I thought I had the easiest class in the world, but the truth is, it was more accessible for me. We are used to working hard to listen, therefore that what make a class hard. I'm sure it is the same with these college..the more auditory (or less accessibility) they use, the harder it is.

Well, I don't know much about colleges, since Dh and I went to the School of Hard Knocks :laugh2: but I know a little about RIT since our oldest ds is a freshman there. (he's an RIT student, not NTID-he has normal hearing).

According to the info we got, NTID students can earn bachelors degrees but you get them through the other 'colleges' of RIT. I think NTID does have a couple bachelor programs related to interpreting? Maybe. I know that we were told that there were 15000 applications for the approx 1500 students accepted, but I don't know if that includes apps for NTID. There are different scores required-it's all on the RIT website. RIT/NTID is a TECHNICAL college-Gally is liberal arts, correct? These are two very different beasts :lol:

As for Ivy League, I'm only familiar with Yale and only because I live in CT-New Haven is disgusting and I would not want to spend four years and a bazillion dollars there. I only go to New Haven for Ikea! no offense to anyone here who actually went to Yale...

Why?

You cannot make friends at high school if u not attend there because you may be stranger to them. Isn't good to stalk people at high school if u didn't know them?

Until merge with other schools u will make friend with hearing

Why?

You cannot make friends at high school if u not attend there because you may be stranger to them. Isn't good to stalk people at high school if u didn't know them?

Meet them at the mall or at church or at putt putt or at the arcade or......

Why?

yes you can meet anybody. what do you think how home-schooled children make friends?

Oh, no. I never thought of home schooled children. Oh, poor for them.

Is it serious?

Back