Why do you want to have kids? Reasons or no reasons?

I've got a couple of good kids. Can't imagine life without them. I wanted to have a family. Through life's ups and downs, family is what counts.

My kid's high school is full of good kids. No one pays attention or notices them. The bad kids get the press. Don't believe that negative press.

Well, even good kids will neglect to make time to take care of you.

I've noticed that we have so many youngsters who are basically growing into self-absorbed adults.

If I'm blessed with kids then I'll do my best to ensure they don't become narcisstic.

My dauighter is a little narcisstic but I think that's normal for her age. At least, I hope so!

Thank you sweetie! I can't wait to see them today.

Wow, cuddle them, hold them.

Best of all, sniff their new baby smell! Oh, they are just so small and fragile. I am used to my nieces and nephews being born BIG babies as they were born over 10 lbs. Izzy and Catie (their nicknames) are now 5 lbs - teeny tiny girls!

I agree! I love how sweet and mild newborn babies smell! I think it's due to the baby soap and shampoo or lotion, I am not sure. I remember when my baby sister was born, she smelled so nice. I would stay close to her just to be able to smell her. I loved my baby sister with all my heart. Now she is 25 and all grown up and she is now in the Navy.

I agree! I love how sweet and mild newborn babies smell! I think it's due to the baby soap and shampoo or lotion, I am not sure. I remember when my baby sister was born, she smelled so nice. I would stay close to her just to be able to smell her. I loved my baby sister with all my heart. Now she is 25 and all grown up and she is now in the Navy.

We didn't use scented lotion at all because of our son eczema when he was a infant. And he still smells soooo good. it like buttermilk

Oh my gosh, yes! The smell, the soft skin and their "coos"... oh best of all the "milk coma" they have at the end of the milk bottle feeding.

My dauighter is a little narcisstic but I think that's normal for her age. At least, I hope so!

yes. thats' what my mom was telling me for many years. i have three sisters that mom had to deal each of us. eh. Now i notice my daughter who is going to be 9 yrs old. Her attitude becomes more stiffy. :shock: Oh no. I told my mom about it. She said, "now it's your turn!".

Ah yes, I remember the 9-11 yo attitude well. It was much better after that though.

Ah yes, I remember the 9-11 yo attitude well. It was much better after that though.

Who says it's only from 9-11? My daughter is 15 and still doing it. She seems to be getting better, but it's taking time.

Now, son on the other hand, he is a typical male species that is better left in the woods. Opinionated and has to have the last word. Always believes he is right even when he knows it's wrong and woe to the person who corrects him. He's 14. Birthdays for them in March (her) and May (him).

All are different I guess. Mine was better by 11. I tend to think the 9-11 attitude and the teen tude are different even though they come back to back. Of course her mom passed when she was 13 so that might have changed things a bit. She became a grown up right away. Toughest thing was to make her act like a kid sometimes.

I definitely want to have kids. How many and biological/adopt debate comes when I have settled down. If there is a husband (hopefully) involved - I'd like to respect his wishes too. Why do I want to have kids? Why not? My life would be far too serious and structured without kids.

I definitely want to have kids. How many and biological/adopt debate comes when I have settled down. If there is a husband (hopefully) involved - I'd like to respect his wishes too. Why do I want to have kids? Why not? My life would be far too serious and structured without kids.

I don't have kids, but I think life is more serious and structured with them. :) One of the reasons that Idk if I want them. :)

I don't have kids, but I think life is more serious and structured with them.

LOL, it has the OPPOSITE effect on me. Being a mother allows me to relive my childhood days ;) I get to play in the park, grab ice-cream more often, doodle on coloring books, wear jammies and watch cartoons in the morning with my son. Life is unpredictable with a child on the loose :P You'd be surprised.

LOL, it has the OPPOSITE effect on me. Being a mother allows me to relive my childhood days ;) I get to play in the park, grab ice-cream more often, doodle on coloring books, wear jammies and watch cartoons in the morning with my son. Life is unpredictable with a child on the loose :P You'd be surprised.

Well, I live with my 2year old niece, so nothing surprises me anymore! :giggle: Those this make life less serious, but when you are on your own, you only have to worry about yourself for the most part. Once you have a child, you spend half of your time trying to keep them safe and make sure that they are learning and so forth. I find myself stressed out all the time! :lol: But I do have fun too!

Well, I live with my 2year old niece, so nothing surprises me anymore! :giggle: Those this make life less serious, but when you are on your own, you only have to worry about yourself for the most part. Once you have a child, you spend half of your time trying to keep them safe and make sure that they are learning and so forth. I find myself stressed out all the time! :lol: But I do have fun too!

Yeah, I turned into an auntie when I was 17 and I remember the stress. It's quite different when you turn into a parent, life smacks you across the face and your body adapts quite easily (I was pregnant at age 18 and it wasn't exactly planned :P) but I don't blame you for enjoying your freedom lol. Random tidbit: Loving your avatar!

Yeah, I turned into an auntie when I was 17 and I remember the stress. It's quite different when you turn into a parent, life smacks you across the face and your body adapts quite easily (I was pregnant at age 18 and it wasn't exactly planned :P) but I don't blame you for enjoying your freedom lol. Random tidbit: Loving your avatar!

I think that the older you get, the more used to your life you get. Every year that passes, I get more comfortable with my life as it is. I can't imagine my life with a child at the moment. That doesn't mean I won't at at later time. I have about 5 years :)

I love that word tidbit! :ty:

Back