why did many gallaudet students do not care when someone had emergency or incident?

nat84

Reaction score
I was wondering I am concerned why so many gallaudet students do not care about their friend or know someone who had emergency by accident or illness or any incident?

I am sick of some people at Gallaudet that I wanna to piss off like do at my PKZ sisters who did not respect others of their friend. Like one time, someone got sick, need ride to hospital, no one take care of him, he is one who best friend from my sister give him fakely all the time. It is sad, how it happens, how can you solve problem with friend if she or he do not care?

Why do you hate Gallaudet so much?

I have noticed you seem to only post about the evils of Gallaudet.

:dunno2: It sounds like you are hanging out with the wrong crowd. I know a lot of people at Gally, and they're nice and compassionate.

It is apparent that Gallaudet has a lot of snobby and two-faced people who dont care for their friends in dire situations. :giggle:

some deaf who done graduate from deaf school loves going gally for good education in goals for future than hates!

There are people like that at NTID too.

If you see it happen, then why don't you help out yourself. It will make you look good and others look bad.

I've been in similar situations myself where something happens and no one does anything. I do.

There are people like that at NTID too.

If you see it happen, then why don't you help out yourself. It will make you look good and others look bad.

I've been in similar situations myself where something happens and no one does anything. I do.

i agree!

it happen every where at any university.... i have seen some unverisity does that..

nothing news..

Not worth to ask student that need ride to the ER or something.
Why not call campus police/security, Nurse and dorm's RA (Resident Assistant) at gally. They will do give you ride to the hospital.

Most people has less than 10 best friends at Gally or NTID. You can't have +100 best friends at Gally or NTID.

- Big different between NTID/RIT and Gally campus.
- scare to go outside from Gally campus at night time vs Rochester is safe place.
- bad traffic/parking in DC - not like Rochester, NY
- confuse which near hospital at DC. We know where is Strong Hospital in Rochester.

It is apparent that Gallaudet has a lot of snobby and two-faced people who dont care for their friends in dire situations. :giggle:

Every college, every university, every where you go... There will always be a lot of snobby people and two-faced people. Always.

I am Gallaudet alumni 2005. I have seen people who cared and people who does not care. That is a real world. Real world is tough place and always will encounter people who are mean.

I knew a friend that was in hospital because he broke his leg at Gallaudet football game. Away game. No one visited him while he was in hospital. I did not know he was in hospital until 4 years later. I wished I knew, I will have came. I thought he will be in and out from hospital but he stayed few days to heal clean fractured bone. Now he walk with 6 inches metal plate for rest of his life.

Often people do not communicate with each other therefore how can they know if their friend is in hospital or in ER.

I was in ER three time while I was at Gallaudet. My ex-girlfriend was with me through all that but nobody outside came. Yet doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Still, nobody came. Mainly because I did not let other know about me in ER.

Gallaudet is just another place for college student to go. It has every walk of life there. Farmer, city, Latino, African, European, Asian, white collar, blue collar, young and old. Every walk of life you name it, they existed at Gallaudet.

The snobby one were the LOUD one. That what hurt the rep name of Gallaudet. If they were loyal to Gallaudet, they will not put Gallaudet in the mud. Likewise for NTID, if they were loyal to NTID, they will not put NTID in the mud. I will not put Gallaudet in the mud. That what is important for me. Gallaudet has taught me many things. Every walk of life taught me something about their background. Every subject about deaf issues was meaningful for me. I took on new identity at Gallaudet. I build a new network of friends and co-workers. I wouldn't be in Minnesota if it wasn't for Gallaudet. I might have end up somewhere in California, not happy with my life.

It very important to see all walk of life's perspective before say anything slander to a specific individual or group.

Why not call campus police/security, Nurse and dorm's RA (Resident Assistant) at gally. They will do give you ride to the hospital.

Most people has less than 10 best friends at Gally or NTID. You can't have +100 best friends at Gally or NTID.

- scare to go outside from Gally campus at night time vs Rochester is safe place.
- confuse which near hospital at DC. We know where is Strong Hospital in Rochester.

Good perspective ...

Now you mentioned about which hospital... That nailed the head of the issue. I recalled, what hospital. John Hopkins? Washington Hospital? Provident Hospital? Howard University Hospital? There were many hospital within 5 miles of Gallaudet campus.

I end up in provident hospital once for ER. Had surgery at Washington Hospital for my shoulder.

Every college, every university, every where you go... There will always be a lot of snobby people and two-faced people. Always.

I am Gallaudet alumni 2005. I have seen people who cared and people who does not care. That is a real world. Real world is tough place and always will encounter people who are mean.

I knew a friend that was in hospital because he broke his leg at Gallaudet football game. Away game. No one visited him while he was in hospital. I did not know he was in hospital until 4 years later. I wished I knew, I will have came. I thought he will be in and out from hospital but he stayed few days to heal clean fractured bone. Now he walk with 6 inches metal plate for rest of his life.

Often people do not communicate with each other therefore how can they know if their friend is in hospital or in ER.

I was in ER three time while I was at Gallaudet. My ex-girlfriend was with me through all that but nobody outside came. Yet doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Still, nobody came. Mainly because I did not let other know about me in ER.

Gallaudet is just another place for college student to go. It has every walk of life there. Farmer, city, Latino, African, European, Asian, white collar, blue collar, young and old. Every walk of life you name it, they existed at Gallaudet.

The snobby one were the LOUD one. That what hurt the rep name of Gallaudet. If they were loyal to Gallaudet, they will not put Gallaudet in the mud. Likewise for NTID, if they were loyal to NTID, they will not put NTID in the mud. I will not put Gallaudet in the mud. That what is important for me. Gallaudet has taught me many things. Every walk of life taught me something about their background. Every subject about deaf issues was meaningful for me. I took on new identity at Gallaudet. I build a new network of friends and co-workers. I wouldn't be in Minnesota if it wasn't for Gallaudet. I might have end up somewhere in California, not happy with my life.

It very important to see all walk of life's perspective before say anything slander to a specific individual or group.

I agree with you. We don't have to worry about it. Student care of you and me. I will go Gallaudet University next month. :D I can't wait! Of course that I will miss this website. :D

Nat84, I am sorry to tell you that I do not buy what you have said about your situation.

When I severely sprained my right ankle while playing IM sloptich game, the campus police called the students health service to send a car to give me a ride to the nearest hospital. Even they called in an emergency interpreter to be with me during my whole time in their emergency room. They did it to my friends who got very sick or seriously injured too.

And about PKZ sisters....

I have started doubting her statement about PKZ sisters because I know their characters and integrity well. They would not go public like this forum if they have problems with their own sisters.

I have started doubting her statement about PKZ sisters because I know their characters and integrity well. They would not go public like this forum if they have problems with their own sisters.

Well the board does offer some anonymity.....

Yeah, it couldn't be said any better. It's what others and I was saying in other thread "snobs" not long ago that they need to realize that it's real common in this world beside Gally.

That is the basic problem we keep hearing some people slandering against Gallaudet like in other thread "snobs" or whatever. Those were in a small numbers of snobs and didn't represent me and many others at Gallaudet. Yet it happens to be the LOUD ones, unfortunately... like DM said.

Gallaudet is a great place and please try not to slander or say anything against Gallaudet. It did/does the same at NTID and deaf/mainstream schools... also keep in your mind that those ones are in very small numbers so please remember to protect their name(s) for our and others' sake in the long run ahead.

Don't buy anyone's bad stories or slandering and eyewitness it for yourself. I have heard more bad things than good things back in the high school years yet my time at Gallaudet spent and eventually debunked those BS stories (most of them - sigh). Only very few ones were true yet done by the small numbers rather so, anyway.

Thank you, DeafMortgage and others who stand up for Gallaudet!

Just be assured that Gally is a great place for anybody yet expect several things one might not like to see what's going on there sometime just like in other schools and colleges in this world have them the same... that's to be expected, friends. It's getting so ooold already, really. lol

Yeaaah, I agree with you.
My hubby went to Gallaudet, so he told me how is look with the students in the Gallaudet?
many students don't have own a car. that is problem!!! and he said, yes every students didn't help much to another students, if they get a sick. How sad!! Sorry, I don't understand. I think the same equal with Deaf is Deaf and Hoh is hoh.

to me in Germany. I was learning with my education Mechanical engineering for deaf education (BBW Winnenden) in Stuttgart about 3 1/2yrs. my friends helped too much and support very good.

Back