Why Cochlear Implants Hurt Deaf Culture?

Sweetmind said:
Scoffs you are not openminded to accept the term Deaf itself.. RME
Accept the term Deaf? I'm not Deaf, my daughter is not Deaf. I have a friend who is Deaf. (He said so himself.)
I can accept the term Deaf.
What's your point?

:bsflag:

But it's OK. You just state any idea you have here on the board. Especially use the "audist" word freely and add "scoffs" and "jeez" other moans to the posts.

if you dont mind that I am not a robot that has no feelings.. MIND YOU! i rather to show my true feelings that is a real thing for a d/Deaf person has a real heart that has completed self acceptance for being deaf. I dont need your control or brainwash because it has to be your way.

No one can tells me what to do after all they dont have any respect so you got what you deserve.

Accept the term Deaf? I'm not Deaf, my daughter is not Deaf. I have a friend who is Deaf. (He said so himself.)
I can accept the term Deaf.
What's your point?

I am Deaf and my two hearing daughters that I have completely accept them and have a great communication with them in ASL with or without orally speaking. I have no problem with it. It s free and natural to let them being themselves that is my strongest belief in a child. I have d/Deaf and Hearing friends if you dont mind. Jeez, you are using an excuse as usual. I dont have to hear anything because they accept me the way I am. I dont need to change anything for anyone s sake.

My point is that she is still legally deaf that you could not bear to face it.. What a pity!

All you do is put your thumb down on my face as usual because I am Deaf and a real person who born deaf.

Last edited:
Cheri said:
I'm not speaking of me, I'm speaking of those who have CI, before they have their CI, those people are not happy about themselves being deaf, they want more, That's what I meant. After they get their CI's some of them phrase themselves as hearing, when they're not hearing, they can hear with device aid that helps them hear sounds. It's different between hearing and hear the sounds with help. And some of them drift out of the deaf community too and decide to be involved more with the hearing world. That's what I meant by slap in the face to the deaf community. ;)

OK, I have a question. I need my glasses on (or contacts) to see clearly. Does that make me blind? Am I missing something here? Am I still a sighted person because my glasses correct my vision to better than 20/20 in my right eye and about 20/20 in my left eye. Is it different because my glasses do actually correct my vision so I function as a normal sighted person? I just was wondering if anybody had any answers on this...it's been confusing me for a while now.

Answering inside your quote...
Sweetmind said:
I am Deaf and my two hearing daughters that I have completely accept them and have a great communication with them in ASL with or without orally speaking. I have no problem with it. Nor have I It s free and natural to let them being themselves that is my strongest belief in a child. I have d/Deaf and Hearing friends if you dont mind. Jeez, you are using an excuse as usual. What excuse? I dont have to hear anything because they accept me the way I am. I dont need to change anything for anyone s sake.

My point is that she is still legally deaf that you could not bear to face it.. What a pity!I had a choice. You never had that choice when your kids were born.

All you do is put your thumb down on my face as usual I don't, that's just your feeling because I am Deaf False and a real person who born deaf.True

gnulinuxman said:
OK, I have a question. I need my glasses on (or contacts) to see clearly. Does that make me blind? .....
No.
My daughter needs her CI to hear clearly. Does that make her deaf?

Cloggy said:
But it's OK. You just state any idea you have here on the board. Especially use the "audist" word freely and add "scoffs" and "jeez" other moans to the posts.

I'm glad that on this messageboard there are more openminded people than across the road.
Well, maybe she is just an expressive communicator.

Cloggy said:
No.
My daughter needs her CI to hear clearly. Does that make her deaf?
The way you describe your daughter, she is not culturally Deaf (notice the capital D here). My point here is that a CI does NOT make it 100% normal, but glasses help me see normally. The world isn't black and white.

You couldnt handle that I am so positively about myself as being deaf. I am DEAF. So be it. You have no right to tell me that I am not deaf or Deaf. Jeez you are tooo freaking control over me that I wont allowed it happens to me anymore after all those years hearing people did it to me.

I do not need to use any devices and spend the money to make hearing people happy. SCOFFS! I am happy the way I am being deaf then so be it. You are the one whiner and thinks you have the power to conform deaf children that is not respectful.

You are telling me that I am not deaf. what the heck are you thinking of me? sheesh what a ego he thinks he knows it all about my deafness.

What a very immature audist attitude people I ever know. How can Cloggy when he himself is not deaf?? What a big joke!

PERFECT example of what is AUDIST attitude s behaviors shows me a lot more than I thought.. Thank you so much.

gnulinuxman said:
The way you describe your daughter, she is not culturally Deaf (notice the capital D here). My point here is that a CI does NOT make it 100% normal, but glasses help me see normally. The world isn't black and white.
She's not. But she can hear, so she would be HOH, not deaf when she wears CI.

Answering inside your quote:
Sweetmind said:
You couldnt handle that I am so positively about myself as being deaf. I am DEAF. So be it. You have no right to tell me that I am not deaf or Deaf. Never did and no intention to start. What does DEAF mean compared to deaf and Deaf)
Jeez you are tooo freaking control over me that I wont allowed it happens to me anymore after all those years hearing people did it to me.Where do you get that idea from?

I do not need to use any devices and spend the money to make hearing people happy. SCOFFS! I am happy the way I am being deaf then so be it. You are the one whiner and thinks you have the power to conform deaf children that is not respectful.I'm happy you're happy. Would hate to see you unhappy. I am not comfirming deaf children. I have 3 children, 1 is deaf. Not sure how to reply on the rest.

You are telling me that I am not deaf. Hold your donkeys... where? Now you need to show me this because that's a rediculous accusation.what the heck are you thinking of me? sheesh what a ego he thinks he knows it all about my deafness. Well, I know what you have provided to readers in DN and here over the years. And I have actually read that.

What a very immature audist attitude people I ever know. How can Cloggy when he himself is not deaf?? What a big joke!Can what?

PERFECT example of what is AUDIST attitude s behaviors shows me a lot more than I thought.. Thank you so much.
Sure.

All I can say is that this is a very immature hearing person that he has no business being in the deaf world because he has no interest in learning deaf culture or deaf ways at all. Thats the only thing I can say that person is here for is to stir things up.

I can see he ll never get it because he has no interest in really getting it all he wants to stir up and namecalling me..

No wonder we are still stronger and stand up for what we strongly believe in ourselves as being deaf. Thats a real positive outlook that we deaf can do anything except hear. ;)

THANK YOU! ;)
Sweetmind

Cloggy said:
Sweetmind.... where on earth do you get all this nonsense. I have never read nor heared anything about it and I have read most of the dutch articles. From deaf and hearing parties.
Oh yeh, and it's Norway. I have mentioned that to you before in the messageboard across the street.
I'm Dutch, living in Norway.
Sweetmind and I live in the United States, and she's actually telling the truth about what happened here. It is true that oral deaf schools punished students very harshly (meaning beatings) for signing and said signing will prevent the students from speaking or ever leading a successful life. Alexandar Graham Bell (yes, the one most often (falsely) credited for inventing the telephone) paid deaf schools to switch to this philosophy. He believed that all deaf people needed to act like hearing people. I don't know what you get in Norway, but that's where Sweetmind is coming from.

Cloggy ! your daughter is deaf and she always will be ... when her CI turn off she is DEAF ok get it ... oh for god's sake just A C C E P T it !!Simple and plain ...

Like I told you before it is nothing to be shame to say Deaf!.

When I was little, my mum proudly said *My daughter is DEAF*

When my mum can say it so then you can say it ok spell it out D E A F !. :deal:

:ugh2:

CutePommie said:
Cloggy ! your daughter is deaf and she always will be ... when her CI turn off she is DEAF ok get it ... oh for god's sake just A C C E P T it !!Simple and plain ...

Like I told you before it is nothing to be shame to say Deaf!.

When I was little, my mum proudly said *My daughter is DEAF*

When my mum can say it so then you can say it ok spell it out D E A F !. :deal:

:ugh2:
My daughter is deaf!

She was not talking about USA
......In netherlands that where cloggy lives in.. They do not allow deaf children with CI to mingle with Deaf children with signers or HA. What a disaster to see this happens in this world... Thats very outrageous.....
gnulinuxman said:
Sweetmind and I live in the United States, and she's actually telling the truth about what happened here. .........
She's assuming too many things. Some of them are actually correct, some of them wrong. That's OK, but I have explained her wrong assumptions so many times that it is obvious she just want's to stick with her ideas....
Fine by me.

To all readers of this topic.

I'm sorry that the thread goes off-topic.

I would love to ignore some of the rubbish here but when wrong assumptions are made, and accusations are made, not replying to it would for some people mean that the assumptions and accusations are true.

So, I feel that I have to correct it where-ever the accusations are directed to me or when assumptions are made regarding my way of thinking.

Again, I am sorry for clogging up the topic.

Sweetmind said:
All I can say is that this is a very immature hearing person that he has no business being in the deaf world because he has no interest in learning deaf culture or deaf ways at all. Thats the only thing I can say that person is here for is to stir things up.

I can see he ll never get it because he has no interest in really getting it all he wants to stir up and namecalling me..

No wonder we are still stronger and stand up for what we strongly believe in ourselves as being deaf. Thats a real positive outlook that we deaf can do anything except hear. ;)

THANK YOU! ;)
Sweetmind

I think you assuming too much about Cloggy, leave him alone, and I think he's doing a wonderful job raising his daugther...

Please stick to which this thread is about, if you can not do that, then stay out

Back