Why are you deaf?

Why do you feel it was fortunate to pass it on?? I was so happy my daughter and grandchild where NOT born hoh or deaf!

I was joking a little. It's just kind of a fact that if there are deaf genes on both sides, a certain percentage will inherit.

Hearing or deaf family , both are fine with me. :)

Why do I even exist on this planet? :dunno2: Might as well make the most of it. :wave:

Wirelessly posted

whatdidyousay! said:
A genetic gift from my family. Also the reason my husband is HOH. We have been fortunate to pass it on and are founding our own dynasty. Soon we will secede.

Why do you feel it was fortunate to pass it on?? I was so happy my daughter and grandchild where NOT born hoh or deaf!

Botts is a very intelligent woman.

Her assets far outweighs the petty details of deafness. Her genes deserve to be passed on.

Wirelessly posted

Her assets far outweighs the petty details of deafness. Her genes deserve to be passed on.

I liked this a lot, but I think it makes me narcissistic that I do! :lol:

Thanks, Souggy.

Wirelessly posted

Bottesini said:
Wirelessly posted

I liked this a lot, but I think it makes me narcissistic that I do! :lol:

Thanks, Souggy.

I came to understand all genes are valuable.

We would be very self-centric to say we supersede nature and can throw away the ones we don't think we need.

Wow! You wont be happy for Botts if she creates a huge dynasty that will rule the world?

Wish I had a concrete answer but it's either genetic or from being born premature in the E.R as a whoops baby...
put up for adoption too, oh how I was loved heh, not.

:)

I'd join in but I don't want kids. Ever. Had tubes tied at age 28 and as happy as a clam....what a relief.

My hubby and I are going to look into adopting a deaf child within a year. We got an extra room now so the timing is right.

I was born with a hearing loss and been lossing hearing ever since. They are still unsure the reason and still doing testing here and there, but I really don't care for the reason anymore.. I am just happy being me.

Back