Why are you deaf?

Born with it due to unknown reasons....probably Coennix X...have a deaf brother

born profoundly for unknown reasons. No one else in the family is deaf, and I am interested weather if my future kids will be deaf too.

I have nerve damage from encephalitis.

One of my friends became deaf because vitamin drops went down the wrong tube when he was a baby. I think his mom gave them through an eye dropper. I haven't heard that cause from any deafies I have met.

My mother was sick with high fever pregnant at 4 months along with me. She had been going in and out of the hospital until I was born. My mother almost died from the fever. But both my mother and the doctors did not know I was deaf.

Later, I was misdiagnosed as Autism. The doctors were wrong. I was just deaf and not responding at all. I never knew what sounds was like at all.

Amazing that they thought that I was hearing. Yeah, right. :roll:

Thanks

I have nerve damage from encephalitis.

One of my friends became deaf because vitamin drops went down the wrong tube when he was a baby. I think his mom gave them through an eye dropper. I haven't heard that cause from any deafies I have met.

WOW! I did not know vitamins could do that. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

When my mother was pregnant with me she went to the zoo and visit the lions den and rested her arms on her belly and this is why I am HOH! Someone told my mom this why I was HOH!! LOL!!

Why am I deaf? :lol:

kinda harsh, but.. was born Profoundly deaf. *nod*

The OP has been banned, so is this thread supposed to be locked, also?

The thread here is not going to be locked or the other thread in his introduction. Just keep on posting as long as no one said a bad things to say. :naughty:

I will answer the banned OP's question.

I am genetically HoH - I am clinically deaf without HA's. In fact, I would have been considered deaf before the invention of the modern hearing aid. Many of my ancestors were considered deaf and used signed communication - but that stopped when hearing aids were invented.

My father used to be HoH but is now clinically deaf even with the use of HA's. However, he is (ASL sign for hearing in front of forehead) "hearing". He does not sign and he began to lose his hearing when he was in College.

I started to lose my hearing when I was 4 years old. My neice also lost her hearing when she was 4. My sister just started to lose her hearing 3 years ago at the age of 33. My Uncle (dad's brother) is a CI candidate and he began losing his hearing when he was in his 20's as well.

My grandfather was honorably discharged from the service in WWII because he began to lose his hearing while in the war. His mother was deaf. His uncles were deaf.

It is a genetic weakness in our inner ear. It is inner ear progressive nerve damage. Tinnitis is a horrible thing.

My hearing loss is both hereditary and due to having ear inflamtion when a child. Started noticing it since high school. Constant hissing since then. hearing detoriorated gradually and is very severe now. Wear hearing aid in one ear but doesnt help much because the conductive loss became also nerve loss.Had stapedecotomy operations in both ears. One was successful only...

Prematurity and Ototoxic drugs and I'm sure this is a :repost:

Back