Who's going to Gallaudet University this fall??

well, i mean tests that they will give you guys during nso weeks...don't think it's nothing tests. my first time enrolled gallaudet university as deaf world. i raised up in hearing schools all my life. i had least 15 friends who are deafies in my life. i had an interperter entire my life. she practicey knew every detial of my life. finally i entered gallaudet and my first time see teacher signs...so i overwheeled up. they gave me math and english tests, i see people write down fast and left. i asked other guy. he said...it's JUST TEST..."just test" which means it's nothing but tests to finish for kill time during nso week. I thought...maybe it's just that they want us to kill time so they gave us test, i finished tests as quickly and didn't take it serious..

finally i got results, they gave me math 80 and english 60, i still didn't get it bec i didn't know what's going on and what those numbers mean to me

then i attended classes...guess what? i attended both classes that is very basic like...3rd grade class. I got mad then talked with my guideance. she said...just finish it all in this semester then if you did great then they will take you up to what classes that your level is. it totally wasted my money to pay gallaudet so FUCK THEM.

so here is my advices again, nso tests...just don't fuck them up, take it serious and take ur time to finish...don't pay attention to students that finish early. study englishs and maths before you take nso test

I've went to Gallaudet for Open House and took several tests so I dunno if I will take them :o but thanks for the warning so other freshies will know as well too...

open houses and nso week tests are different, so everyone who go to nso, has to take tests...otherwise, good luck

Anyone who goes to Gally for the first year......should say their prayer for losing their hair.

ive heard abt that sort of thing and u know -- im NOT at all surprised -- the classes at Gally seem to mirror those classes also taught at MSSD :-x

*going off to the community college* its a whole lot better than Gally (sowwy Gally folks)

*sneeks out*

Originally posted by LeviathanC
Anyone who goes to Gally for the first year......should say their prayer for losing their hair.
I'd be proud to shave my hair :thumb:

Originally posted by Fly Free
ive heard abt that sort of thing and u know -- im NOT at all surprised -- the classes at Gally seem to mirror those classes also taught at MSSD :-x

*going off to the community college* its a whole lot better than Gally (sowwy Gally folks)

*sneeks out*
well you live within 40 miles from Gallaudet and I bet u have seen the campus and stuffs... Don't tell the negatives thoughs or I'd choke you :lol:

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
well you live within 40 miles from Gallaudet and I bet u have seen the campus and stuffs... Don't tell the negatives thoughs or I'd choke you :lol:

:laugh2: :laugh2: PDP -- ofc ive seen the campus as im always there every year -- annual thing of going to the Gally HC to meet up with old friends and such

my ex did her shaved during her freshman, before she shaved, she was very beautiful and her hair...oh my god, she is latina...bestest than that avator i have right now. i would love to play with her hair for million years. when the weekend started on, i was away for home and came back, she shaved. i was so mad, but somehow...took me 2 days to notice...she was very sexy when she shaved...not very SHAVED all way, but little....i loved it.

now she grows her hair back to same what i just told you

:laugh2: you guys are funny!

This is affiliated with students at gally, not with the university itself - [[[ gallaudet.dailyjolt.com ]]]
It will give you a little of the students' voice on campus.. a peek behind the scenes. :D hehehe - overall, I think it will be helpful for new students and freshmen.

Oh my, NSO.... unless you weren't paying attention or the sods didn't give you much clarification (doesn't mean you CANT ask them anyway about those strange tests instead of listening to some other wet-nosed kid like you LOL), they give these tests.... known as placement tests, from which they determine level you are so they can place you in the right level. Don't play around, or you will be pulling in for the long haul with English and Math.... god, not to mention English 50-80 eats through credits.... 8 credits per semester, the last I remember. Guess how much you are paying for each credit. Remedial math eats up 5 credits..... but they do not count towards the General Requirement credits as the remedial English credits don't either, so they are a total waste if you don't care much for the classrooms (there may be a large number of students, with just one teacher) or the environment. You would be better off taking community college.. cheaper, to work on your weak areas in math and english providing that you don't mind working with hearing people for a while. I didn't worry about English, got placed in 205H after the placement tests.. but got placed in remedial math :mad2: I suck at math.. hahaha...

The moral of your experience at gally? ASK, ASK, ASK..... instead of assuming. :naughty: you have a right to get the full value of what you are paying for. Don't worry about feeling foolish... screw that! hehe

Oh ahmmm.... I shaved my head during my first year. :o That was an awesome experience to have. My friend freaked out when she saw my head..... "Oh fuck! Fuck! You shaved your beautiful hair!"

Who cares, hahaha... it's just an experience to have. :twisted: Fortunately, my hair grew back very fast. You would have never suspected I shaved my head 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Originally posted by WildKaTReSS
I wanna go to Gallaudet this fall but I need more information and stuff.. can you guys help me on this please??? Thanks! :D

You will have to be more specific on what information and stuff you need to know. :D I can help out with giving you and others info here to the best of my knowledge and experience. I graduated from gally last spring after spending 4 years there. I have been around the block, so to speak.

Tip: Be friendly and have a lot of patience with the Registrar folks and Financial Aid folks. They are humans, too, and will be very responsive. Honey attracts bees more than vinegar does. :naughty: You do your class schedule from the Registrar folks. You deal with the financial aspect if you are doing student loans or scholarships with the Financial Aid folks.

Tip: Check out the Career Center if you are looking into working on campus as a part time job.

Hope this helps. Oh, and don't think NSO week is nothing... you will get placement tests which will determine which level you are on. NSO also should expose you to how the university works, so pay attention instead of gabbing away with other new kids or staring at the ceiling. Ask. Ask. Ask... if you don't understand a thing. Don't be afraid to make mistakes or seem a fool. You will have the last laugh, I promise! :laugh2:

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
Undecided at the moment but am leaning toward Accountant... I love $$$ "BEWARE OF YOUR WALLET PICKING!" :laugh2: :lol: Anyway I have researched and I might want to major in Accountant cuz many businesses requires accountant and will need 1/2 more by the year of 2010 or 2015 cuz many accountants will retired or new businesses' growings...

Haha, I will have to watch my wallet around you sometime... you lil pickpocket!

:naughty: Gally has a major in sexology.... gotcha.. you wish! :shock: :laugh2:

It's cool that some of you already decided what to major in, or have given a major much consideration. Often, students have a hard time deciding.... but I do suggest for those of you who haven't decided, to decide by 2nd year.

Hi Folks!

From another Gallaudet alumni to future Gallaudet students:

I wish you best of luck for your enrollment and I hope you will have great successes at Gallaudet University! :) :thumb:

Liza: Well said!!! :thumb:

I got my hair shaved as a froshie and I loved this memory! I was 21st out of 58 Class of 1990 froshies got hair shaven and I got a 11 x 14 picture of shaven froshies. :)

I had enjoyed my fabulust (I can't resist picking up a word from Freaky's chickionary!) time at Gallaudet University! Alpha Sigma Pi Fraternity! Parties! Spirit Week! Traditions! Bison Fight Song!

Proud member of Alpha Sigma Pi Fraternity and Class of 1990

hey luckypinkstar03, Hopefully see you in few hours cuz I'm arriving Gallaudet either tonight or tmw! OMG the time does fly!...

KingCobra, I know I will have a blast time there... hehe fabulust's a famous word from Freaky! Gotta luv her!

i was apply both college, gally and ntid but ntid accept me before gally.. i has end up in NTID now.. but i has few friends in gally.. they say they did enjoy there so far...

WildKaTReSS said:
I wanna go to Gallaudet this fall but I need more information and stuff.. can you guys help me on this please??? Thanks! :D

Your post is 18 months old and I'm wondering what you've been up to now. Have you gone to Gallaudet? What do you think?

Back