Who likes Japanese animations?

Japan people always draw as obess about white people in japanese animation than their own race, face, eyes. they wanted the world believe Japan people are white with blonde/ blue eyes, brunette/ green eyes, on and on alike europe's. but they aren't!

Not really. Actually most of the people that are in anime was actually Japanese even we don't notice it. If you look at the anime very carefully, there are MOST of characters that have a black hair, brown eyes, tan skins, which are Japanese. Also if you look very closer to the anime, you will notice that anime are MOSTLY of Japanese culture. For example:

akira_main2.jpg

This guy is a PURE Japanese, most of the characters in the same movie are all pure Japanese.

akira0122.jpg

This city is from the movie Akira, called as "NeoTokyo".

Ranma 1/2 has VERY obsiviously Japanese culture and most of the people in the movie has the black hair, kind of white/tan skins, brown eyes which are Japanese in the movie.

group1.jpg

You see every character of Ramna 1/2 in this picture are all Japanese, wearing the Japanese style clothes, a Panda bear in the behind, etc.

And what's more, the reason why Japanese people love the color hairs, color eyes, whatever, is because they are very creative. Take a look at how those teenagers in Japan dress.

trans6.jpg

How about this famous Gackt singer in Japan?

gackt-012.jpg

People who draw the anime with varies of colors, etc is on base of their modern culture, and also it appeared that they are not that racist like we thought.

Also we DO draw pictures of Asian people too. For example:

jackie6x18x11x04.jpg

Remember this? Jackie Chan.

Should we tell the American drawers to stop drawing of other race and draw only our own race? It seems does not right, uh?

If we know the Japanese culture, Japanese's modern lifestyle, etc. then we will understand the anime even more.

Let Japan people be creative, they did very good job.

Anime not very "expressional?" (as it is your own word) I got to say, wow, that's totally opposite of what I think. I liked anime more than america cartoon because they are actually more expressive (is that even a word???).

This video YouTube - Gaara and Naruto-Cry is a part of one anime, something that you will never really get from america television very often whether it's a cartoon or drama.

I am even able to relate to the characters in that scene by comparing myself to being stunned by deaf and hearing people for silly reasons.

So Japanese artists express their artworks very well for people who depends on visual heavily, imo.

Your comment show that you do not really know what their anime is like. You probably just stereotype all anime into one category. That is one of common mistakes that many Americans made when they are not familiar with something, especially anime.

I do like to watch animes, but not too crazy or addicted to them. :)

That's why I usually go to anime conventions. You can often get good deals on DVDs there.

I usually check the anime section at Best Buy every week while checking out the new weekly DVD releases. From time to time, I might catch a good deal.

For instance, Avatar: The Complete Book 1 Collection is normally priced at $53. I walked in the store on Tuesday (the day new DVDs are released weekly) and picked up their weekly ads to check out their deals. I saw a new DVD that I wanted, so I got it. I looked under the add for that DVD and saw an ad for the Avatar: Book 2 Volume 1, but a mis-printed picture of Avatar: The Complete Book 1 Collection. This was priced for $11. I showed the manager this ad and he mumbled... "Grr... ok, you can have that Avatar Book 1 DVD set for $11." and walked off. Oh boy, I saved myself $42! Heh!

Lucky bugger ;)

Anime not very "expressional?" (as it is your own word) I got to say, wow, that's totally opposite of what I think. I liked anime more than america cartoon because they are actually more expressive (is that even a word???).

This video YouTube - Gaara and Naruto-Cry is a part of one anime, something that you will never really get from america television very often whether it's a cartoon or drama.

I am even able to relate to the characters in that scene by comparing myself to being stunned by deaf and hearing people for silly reasons.

So Japanese artists express their artworks very well for people who depends on visual heavily, imo.

Your comment show that you do not really know what their anime is like. You probably just stereotype all anime into one category. That is one of common mistakes that many Americans made when they are not familiar with something, especially anime.
I agree. I like how some anime show more expressions related to emotions.

A lot of American cartoons are exaggerated by having their tongue fall out and roll... with their eyes popping out and chest exploding.

With anime, they have expressions for sadness, embarassment, tiresomeness, anger, joy, etc...

For instance, look at my signature... ;)

I'm a HUGE fan of anime, although lately, I haven't seen much anime. Last summer I bought these series and watched through them. Initial D, FLCL, Gunbuster 1, Gunbuster 2, and Ghost in the Shell (GitS) Solid State Society.

I've seen all GitS except the 2nd Gig, I've seen a BUNCH of anime over the years. I can recommend a variety of anime depending on particular tastes. I don't watch some kinds of anime though, like moe, harem, and hentai.

Funniest anime I ever saw : Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi and Dragon Ball (before Z or GT)
Best action: there's a few, Samurai 7, Golgo 13, Akira, DBZ, Gunbuster (1 and 2)
Best drama anime: Satoshi Kon is a master of this stuff, suspenseful drama. His works include Perfect Blue, Millenum Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, Paranoia Agent, and Paprika (new , haven't seen Paprika myself), all of which are highly recommended.

A new film that happens to be in Blockbuste ris 'Tekinkonkreet' (sp), which seems to be getting rave reviews.
I also moderate at Animenation.com (As Char), an anime discussion forum.

My most recommended anime has to be Gunbuster 1 and 2.

My son is addicted to it.

He started out watching pokemon, then he has been a Yugioh fan for YEARS! (He totally lost me with Yugioh :zzz: ) Then there was DragonballZ. Now he is into Pokemon again, naruto, Inuyasha and some other stuff that comes on Cartoon Network.

One question, why do they put it on adult swim? I DID hear someone say "DAMN HIM!" but other than that I don't find it all that mature. Now I KNOW there are some anime that get all XXXrated, but that is not what I saw on cartoon network. Is it still on there?

My son found anime sex websites on the net. I was appalled! Why would anyone want to watch a cartoon have sex?

Anyway, he is into it, but I am not. We watched Spirit Away. That was a really good movie! All that other stuff, y'all can keep it.

Adult Swim tends to show more 'mature' anime featuring fighting scenes, scary characters, and adult themes.

The cartoons having sex is called 'Hentai'. I would advise your son not to watch them.

Cartoon Network does a nice job of editing certain stuff out of their Adult Swim Block shows.

I would recommend doing a bit internet research before buying your son a dvd if you are unsure. Stuff like Pokemon is easily noticeable as appropriate for children, while others are not. Wikipedia.org, Animenewsnetwork.com, animeondvd.com are good sites to get a little info on any anime.

Adult Swim tends to show more 'mature' anime featuring fighting scenes, scary characters, and adult themes.

The cartoons having sex is called 'Hentai'. I would advise your son not to watch them.

Cartoon Network does a nice job of editing certain stuff out of their Adult Swim Block shows.

I would recommend doing a bit internet research before buying your son a dvd if you are unsure. Stuff like Pokemon is easily noticeable as appropriate for children, while others are not. Wikipedia.org, Animenewsnetwork.com, animeondvd.com are good sites to get a little info on any anime.

It depends on how old the son is?

I cna guarantee Adult Swin does not show Hentai(nudity). But I would agree that AS is more of a mature tv show block. I would allow a 12-13 or older to watch. Any younger, I'd probably say no.

I was once used to be fanatic about anime, but now I am just a casual. It's probably because of the fact that I am running out of good shows. I can even recognize where jclarke's signature comes from. It is from Melancholy of Harubi Suzimaya or whatever it is called. It's definitely a great show, and I am hoping for the second season. As for my own list, there's simply too many, but I'd like to mention several of my favorite series. By the way, I can see how people comes to the conclusion that anime is just some kiddy cartoon with bigger eyes. It's fine with me, but it is a shame that they would miss out some really great shows. Adult Swim is not even a good source for finding great anime anyway. .

Some of my favorite series.

-Fruits Basket
-Guardian of the Spirit (Seriei No Moribi or something like that)
-Twelve Kingdoms (Junni Kokki)
-One Piece
-Fate Stay Night

I cna guarantee Adult Swin does not show Hentai(nudity). But I would agree that AS is more of a mature tv show block. I would allow a 12-13 or older to watch. Any younger, I'd probably say no.
Right... hentai is considered "hardcore" or "softcore" where nudity is obviously emphasized.

This doesn't really happen on Adult Swim. There might be mild nudity in a humorous sense such as Family Guy nudity (the deaf greased naked guy running around), or random anime comedy nudity (some ninja is viewed naked from behind), etc... but not tits, nipples, or sex. :)

If you want hentai, go to your local mom-n-pop video rental store. ;)

I was once used to be fanatic about anime, but now I am just a casual. It's probably because of the fact that I am running out of good shows. I can even recognize where jclarke's signature comes from. It is from Melancholy of Harubi Suzimaya or whatever it is called. It's definitely a great show, and I am hoping for the second season. As for my own list, there's simply too many, but I'd like to mention several of my favorite series. By the way, I can see how people comes to the conclusion that anime is just some kiddy cartoon with bigger eyes. It's fine with me, but it is a shame that they would miss out some really great shows. Adult Swim is not even a good source for finding great anime anyway. .

Some of my favorite series.

-Fruits Basket
-Guardian of the Spirit (Seriei No Moribi or something like that)
-Twelve Kingdoms (Junni Kokki)
-One Piece
-Fate Stay Night

Correct ;)

Are you guys enjoying The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzuimya? I nearly bought the starter box last summer, but I decided it was too pricey at $50, and it seemed a series I would prefer to rent instead of owning. I have found I prefer to rent as opposed to own. I went through a phase a few years ago where I was buying anime instead of renting, and I had amassed a collection of nearly 100 dvds in a few months. Some I'd watch again, but a lot I didn't, so I decided there to not buy so many of them unless I had a strong urge to re-watch the show. So, Haruhi? The sig vid you have in your sig of haruhi or some other anime is VERY reminscent of ASL, JClarke! It makes me wonder if ASL can be properly done in animation format.

Dr. Strangelove, check Naruto. I swear if they used the same team of artists from that show, then it's possible that we will get to see anime with sign language. The job they did with hands were truly impressive. Sometimes I feel like I am watching signing rather than techniques.

I agree, Adult Swim or especially Toon is not great place to check out. Toon (and other companies) ruined a lot of anime by tone it down for children. I hate that so instead I just get them through other sources.

For you guys, what kind of anime do you like? I mean as in genre.

I generally like fantasy anime that has the battle between good vs evil that includes character growth.

If you know more of what I like, please list em!! I have only know few that is like what I liked.

Are you guys enjoying The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzuimya? I nearly bought the starter box last summer, but I decided it was too pricey at $50, and it seemed a series I would prefer to rent instead of owning. I have found I prefer to rent as opposed to own. I went through a phase a few years ago where I was buying anime instead of renting, and I had amassed a collection of nearly 100 dvds in a few months. Some I'd watch again, but a lot I didn't, so I decided there to not buy so many of them unless I had a strong urge to re-watch the show. So, Haruhi? The sig vid you have in your sig of haruhi or some other anime is VERY reminscent of ASL, JClarke! It makes me wonder if ASL can be properly done in animation format.

In bold above - That appears be true, and it reassembles the sign language in the amination version... but it appears not. ;)

I love Japaneses anime! I collect some of amazing japanese animation such as Howl's castle moving, Sprinting away, Ghost in shell, Pakinsta, Dead note (inc comics, animation and movie), Akira, Hellsing, Naruto, Gate Keepers, Samurai Champloo, Fist of the North Star, Bleach, Parraline dolls and many more.....
Few months ago i went to Multimedia Expo at Melbourne exhibition center and i love it!!! I meet some of famous people who they work at the animation business such as Family guy, The Simpsion, I robot, The Lord of the Rings and many more........

Back