Who likes Japanese animations?

Japanese Anime is rarely captioned. RARELY. If it is, it usually is a big release like Akira, Princess Mononoke, Sprited Away, Howl's Moving Castle or any Studio Ghibli film.

I have noticed more and more DVDs offering normal subtitles and SDH. I have never taken the time to sit down and see what the difference between these two are in a given film. I should try it on a movie I have seen countless times, and would instantly notice the difference in.

Dr. Strangelove, DVDs of new anime Guyver is captioned. I found out by accident. The cover did not have the logo of cc but yet it showed up. I loved it.

I learned that roaring have different emotions attached to it. lol
(Death roaring) (Angry roaring) and so on.

Guyver is a very violent anime, but the story is good.

ADV is starting to add CC to their library I think. I have no way to contact them about that.

I don't mind watching some Japanese Anime films. I can be picky with what I watch, depending on the graphic and the content of the animes. I watched several of Hayao Miyazaki's films like Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle In the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle. I also enjoyed Akira as well. I haven't watch any recently. The last one I watch was Paprika, and it was rather interesting.

I m currently heavily into FIGHTING SPIRIT. I m on Disc 8 which comes tomorrow from Netflix. It is an anime about boxing and is one of the BEST anime I have ever seen. Its proper Japanese title is "Hajime No Ippo" (The First Step)

I've been watching Death Note. I've watched up to episode #12 so far. Pretty good!

I also watched most of the episodes for Detective Conan (aka Case Closed). That show has over 500 episodes! Yikes! It's still a great series too.

Right now, I'm renting a few different series... Lupin the 3rd, Shadow Skill, and Rurouni Kenshin. Those are good shows too. :)

Ah, Detective Conan...saw some of that when it was on Adult Swim. I could never guess who's the murderer. I missed all clues that they have.

Didn't like Lupin the 3rd, then again it wasn't captioned when it was on television. I did not like it due to its art style. Yeah, I am picky about it sometimes. Didn't wanna watch something that make my eyes bleed, lol.

Never saw Shadow Skill or Rurouni Kenshin, even though I have heard one of those.

Ah, Detective Conan...saw some of that when it was on Adult Swim. I could never guess who's the murderer. I missed all clues that they have.

Didn't like Lupin the 3rd, then again it wasn't captioned when it was on television. I did not like it due to its art style. Yeah, I am picky about it sometimes. Didn't wanna watch something that make my eyes bleed, lol.

Never saw Shadow Skill or Rurouni Kenshin, even though I have heard one of those.
I saw parts of a couple episode of Case Closed on television last year. I finally fully enjoyed the episodes last month when I watched most of them from online. :)

I saw Castle of Caligstro a few weeks ago. That's a Lupin the 3rd movie. The series was made in the 70s, so don't expect the graphics to be "excellent". I enjoyed the movie, and am looking forward to watching the series when I get them on DVD. :)

Shadow Skill is really interesting. There are 26 episodes and it's about this girl who's a super-fighter trying to raise her "brother" to be like her while fighting evil.

Rurouni Kenshin is a samurai show. There are 95 episodes and it gets really interesting seeing how a guy fights evil using a reverse-blade sword.

I am curious if you ever saw live action of those anime or manga series? Because they have made two live action for Detective Conan and two Death Note movies.

I have always wanted to give Rurouni Kenshin a chance, but I guess I will need to find it first, if you know what I meant.

Does anyone here watch Gundam? I saw (Gundam 00) for the first time recently. I was surprised at such plot, that I went ahead and watch other series like Seed and Seed Destiny. I liked the seriousness aspect of it.

Right now I am watching Shigofumi, and it's really interesting.

Mobile Suit Gundam is one of my favorites despite I haven't seen a lot of it. I've seen the original Moblie Suit Gundam movies(series is not subtitled but movies are), Zeta Gundam, some of Gundam SEED(not as good as the older UC Gundam).

Lupin the III is a classic. The manga is hiliarous, the anime series great. Steven Spielberg called Castle of Cagliostro the greatest adventure he ever saw on film.

I urge you guys to check out FIGHTING SPIRIT. It may be hard to find in the ftuture since Geneon the american disturbutor for Fighting Spirit closed down in late 2007.

I am curious if you ever saw live action of those anime or manga series? Because they have made two live action for Detective Conan and two Death Note movies.

I have always wanted to give Rurouni Kenshin a chance, but I guess I will need to find it first, if you know what I meant.

Does anyone here watch Gundam? I saw (Gundam 00) for the first time recently. I was surprised at such plot, that I went ahead and watch other series like Seed and Seed Destiny. I liked the seriousness aspect of it.

Right now I am watching Shigofumi, and it's really interesting.
Blockbuster Online offers Rurouni Kenshin on DVD. Only a couple DVDs are not available, but they are in the process of restoring those.

Yes, I have heard of live-action versions of Death Note... but not Detective Conan. Got a source for that information?

Mobile Suit Gundam is one of my favorites despite I haven't seen a lot of it. I've seen the original Moblie Suit Gundam movies(series is not subtitled but movies are), Zeta Gundam, some of Gundam SEED(not as good as the older UC Gundam).

Lupin the III is a classic. The manga is hiliarous, the anime series great. Steven Spielberg called Castle of Cagliostro the greatest adventure he ever saw on film.

I urge you guys to check out FIGHTING SPIRIT. It may be hard to find in the ftuture since Geneon the american disturbutor for Fighting Spirit closed down in late 2007.
Yeah, multiple series of the same name can be confusing and sometimes ruin the story.

Another one would be Tenchi Muyo!

The first time I saw that, it was the OVA series. That was an excellent series! The story was very well told and every secret for every character was revealed evenly and steadily.

Later, I saw another series of the same name. It was not an OVA. It was retold from a different point of view. However, that series sucked because the characters didn't seem to have much told about them... just as boring women doing everyday boring things. The main character's secret was kept until the end and that secret wasn't even as big as the individually revealed secrets from the OVA. They also released spin-offs following the individual characters from the main series.

Anyways, I recommend you watch the main OVA series plus the few movies they made as well. :)

Back