Who got snow?

labradorhighway.jpg

Shel, you are lucky not to live anywhere near this highway where is about ten hours drive north from my hometown. :)

It is on Labrador Trans Highway.

That is just simply INSANE!!! you ever got to drive that Royale?

Least 1 inch of snow covering on my decking this morning. So not bad. I will go to deaf club's xmas party today.

Bears-Ravens and 49-Eagle pro football games make delay to 4 15 today instead of 1 pm because reason of snow removal in this stadium and parking lots.

According to weather reports, Lynchburg, Va got like 11 inches of snow. In Amherst county where my parents live report of snow is as high as 17 inches. I think there's like 15 inches of snow where I live.

labradorhighway.jpg

Shel, you are lucky not to live anywhere near this highway where is about ten hours drive north from my hometown. :)

It is on Labrador Trans Highway.

Is all the snow from one storm or several storms over time?

According to weather reports, Lynchburg, Va got like 11 inches of snow. In Amherst county where my parents live report of snow is as high as 17 inches. I think there's like 15 inches of snow where I live.

My dad's side of family came from Amherst county. Many generation of family there before My dad's parents moved.

This was a rare event for us.

Maryland struggles with record December storm -- baltimoresun.com

The storm hit just before the first day of winter, which is Monday. It was unusual in its intensity, fueled by moisture sweeping across the South hitting chilly air that had descended into the Mid-Atlantic. December isn't often a snowy month in Baltimore, with an average of just 1.7 inches, compared with 7 inches for January and 6.4 for February.

The high for a single snow event in December had been 14.1 inches in 1960. And recent years haven't brought much snow accumulation to the Baltimore region, so many were relishing the storm.

I didnt realize until I read this that it is still Fall!!! :shock:

I just spent and hour and half digging my hubby's SUV out..and it wasnt even half buried due to shoveling around it yesterday. It will probably take two hours to shovel mine out and it is completely buried. Yeppers, took pics but I am taking a break..my wrists are killing me and my arms are shaking. wow! The light powdery snow was easy to shovel out but as I got near the bottom, it was hard and wet...THAT is F**** heavy!!!

I just spent and hour and half digging my hubby's SUV out..and it wasnt even half buried due to shoveling around it yesterday. It will probably take two hours to shovel mine out and it is completely buried. Yeppers, took pics but I am taking a break..my wrists are killing me and my arms are shaking. wow! The light powdery snow was easy to shovel out but as I got near the bottom, it was hard and wet...THAT is F**** heavy!!!

Ouch. Heavy and wet snow are nasty whem they are digged out. Perhaps you can ask your neighbors or friends to help you out.

I went ahead and dug my SUV out..I did it! Dug both of them out! Took me 4 hours. The light fluffy snow was easy but the wet slushy snow was hell to shovel! I probably burned off like 4,000 calories. I am literally shaking all over from head to toe..wow.

Ouch. Heavy and wet snow are nasty whem they are digged out. Perhaps you can ask your neighbors or friends to help you out.

My nieghbors are digging their own vehicles out. My true friends live in PA..the ones here in MD are too self-centered so I doubt they would drive out here and help me. My cute neighbor who hangs out with us would have helped but he is earning extra $$ plowing the major highways today.

I went ahead and dug my SUV out..I did it! Dug both of them out! Took me 4 hours. The light fluffy snow was easy but the wet slushy snow was hell to shovel! I probably burned off like 4,000 calories. I am literally shaking all over from head to toe..wow.

wow my siblings told me that they got 2 feet of snow over there in LI. Yeah heck, it's a great workout instead of doing the same over and over workout sometimes. So let your body rest soo rest. We haven't gotten snow here yet! our old thin snow is all metling all over the ground.

Back